Other News Source LICHAA Rumours consolidated thread

cazman

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would love for Lichaa to kick on and fulfill his potential but if it doesn't happen than Gold Coast have 2 quality no. 9's and one of them will be playing 2nd fiddle.

Would prefer to blood our own but we already have to many greenhorns we need to get some experienced players back into our squad.
Has nothing between the ears to fulfil any potential in FG.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Has nothing between the ears to fulfil any potential in FG.
I feel like he has been stripped back of all his natural instinct to suit the type of player that Hasler wanted.

He looks like a player with huge confidence issues that is second guessing himself.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel like he has been stripped back of all his natural instinct to suit the type of player that Hasler wanted.

He looks like a player with huge confidence issues that is second guessing himself.
You can't blame Hasler for stifling him last season and it annoyed me that Lichaa very quickly blamed Hasler as soon as he was sacked. He might have some confidence issues, but I tend to think that he was promoted to a level out of his depth. The game is probably a little too quick and defenders are more switched on in the NRL. He's a decent defender who occasionally makes a decent run from dummy half. In the lower grades defense is as weak as wet tiissues, so his running game was a lot more useful.

He never seems to have time to get a decent pass away or make a decision about who he's even passing to. The better hookers can assess quickly where the defense is broken and would usually have some idea where the players who can exploit broken defense are. Lichaa seems to constantly struggle to choose where he's passing which results in our attack being slowed down to accommodate the amount of time he needs to get his flat ball away to the guy closest to him. Even if we had a hooker without instincts, but the ability to throw a pass quickly it would be a step up because our forwards would play with momentum and our halves might get earlier ball.

I've lost hope that Lichaa will come good. Confidence may help him to develop a little, but the passing game required of an NRL level hooker should have been developing for a number of seasons and it's not apparent to many people. Miracles happen, but I'm not expecting Lichaa to get his skillset to the required level any time soon. Blame Hasler if you want, but Lichaa didn't develop under Pay either. Maybe there is a special coach out there who will one day unlock his hidden talent, but I don't want a better player held back to give Lichaa another year to improve by millimeters.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We got rid of him once, fuck knows why Pay signed him again.

The bloke just isn't first grade material.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got rid of him once, fuck knows why Pay signed him again.

The bloke just isn't first grade material.
Got a feeling under our old cap we couldnt afford a better hooker. The coach and anderson and whoever else. Cleared alot of players this year, give em a bit more time to clear and replace the rest. One good centre for our last top 30 spot and then surely most focus will be on a decent hooker for 2020.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
If Api has extended why not try Manise Fainu. He'll probably be stuck behind Api and is pretty young.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
If Api has extended why not try Manise Fainu. He'll probably be stuck behind Api and is pretty young.
Fainu sadly just extended at Manly for 3 years. Hasler is keeping all the good players at Manly, something he didn't do for us

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fainu sadly just extended at Manly for 3 years. Hasler is keeping all the good players at Manly, something he didn't do for us
He will fuck them up soon enough.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lets be honest here... we are stuck with Lichaa due to the stupidity of the club resigning him.

Hopefully JMK fires and we can use him and Nu Brown and piss Lichaa off at end of 2019.

Though chances are Lichaa will suddenly fire this year and we'll be dumb enough to offer him a 3 year contract.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lets be honest here... we are stuck with Lichaa due to the stupidity of the club resigning him.

Hopefully JMK fires and we can use him and Nu Brown and piss Lichaa off at end of 2019.

Though chances are Lichaa will suddenly fire this year and we'll be dumb enough to offer him a 3 year contract.
I still can't believe a "professional" club fell for those 3 good contract games he had when the majority of us saw straight through it....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the know know who’s training at 9 jmk or lich?