Liam Knight?

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t care for this year because it’s a write off , I care about next year and what these players can bring to the club. We’ll need some big men in the club. Gus is still scraping at the bottom of the barrel but we can only be positive and hope he brings great energy to the team and actually tackles unlike half the blokes in the team.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is going to full freight for him we will be lucky to 50% atm
We have to pay him regardless. If he goes back to the UK our cap is clear. So this would be far and away our best outcome. NRL teams wouldn’t even sign him on a train and trial. He is beyond poor.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe because it would of been hard to sign a worse forward ? A bottom of the barrel signing isn't a good thing...
That just shows how bad our current roster is. He probably comes in as our best middle option.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not going to write anyone off before they play a game for us. I honestly don't watch enough of any of our opponents to be able to get a sense of how good one of their reserves is. But we have in the past signed plenty of diamonds in the rough and turned them into stars. Not saying Knight will be, but King and Preston weren't rated when we signed them and have been two of our best.

Alternatively TPJ came with a cloud ️ f expectation and has disappointed. Just wait and see before you spit the dummy.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every signing isn’t going to be a superstar he’ll be a regular for the remainder of this year and most likely a fill in next year I’m sure there would be priority signings in mind

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to pay him regardless. If he goes back to the UK our cap is clear. So this would be far and away our best outcome. NRL teams wouldn’t even sign him on a train and trial. He is beyond poor.
NRL or ESL the his salary is still cap. Say he two at 200k anyone we still have to pay 300k a year out of our salary cap.

We can hope West tiger or st George can come in with offer.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So if he has joined us, and Josh made space for Toby, who is making space for Liam?
Looks like someone is officially gone and "not free to leave".
Bill Tsikrikas has been released to Castleford

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is the Waddell of prop forwards. He will have some good games and some stinkers in between.

At least he will hit up the ball and not go hiding on the field.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a starting pack,
A solid bench
And depth.
He’s signed until end of ‘24, so basically he’s being given a shot to earn a contract and fit into one of the above.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bill Tsikrikas has been released to Castleford
Just for the rest of this season, he will be back for 2024 is my understanding?

Which means one of the following won't be back for next season...

Paul Alamoti, Braidon Burns, Declan Casey, Kyle Flanagan, Samuel Hughes, Jayden Okunbor, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just for the rest of this season, he will be back for 2024 is my understanding?

Which means one of the following won't be back for next season...

Paul Alamoti, Braidon Burns, Declan Casey, Kyle Flanagan, Samuel Hughes, Jayden Okunbor, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell
I would say that more than one of those won't be back next season. My guess is Casey, Flanagan, Thompson and one off Okunbor or Waddell are gone.