Opinion Lewis

Malla

Reaction score
It's obvious he is not a half. I love his persistence and his intent in defense, but in attack he is garbage. He should be putting on a bit of muscle and moving to lock.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought Lewis was terrible in one half and like an average first grader in the other. But I agree he's gonna get picked so I hope he can find a lot more with Foran next to him.
I have never seen an NRL player pass the ball like that before. Let alone a half. Fair enough it can slip out of your hands once in a while or you miss your mark. I don’t think he threw one ball to hit someone on the chest with a flat spiral on the run once. No joke, But I’m sure 90% of the kennel could pass a ball better then him.

Even his grubbers. When you actually look at them he generally grubbers for himself. Never has any angle on them, literally kicks through the line to himself. He is believing his own hype which is a worry. Compare him to Foran who has a game sense and is a team player, and can set up an attack.

His 2 greatest assets are his one on one defence (still a liability reading plays when he is in a defensive line). And his midfield bombs. I guess when Foran is a ball running/creative half it compliments him (having someone do 95% of the kicking).

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis unfortunately lacks acceleration and that is a key attribute for a half. Neither is he big enough nor speedy enough for a centre.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think its pretty obvious why he was chosen to partner Foran this week; his kicking game. It was absolutely exceptional yesterday. There was honestly, it felt like a dozen times, where his kicks would land within the Dragons 10 m, where Norman would catch and be tackled. His short kicking game was decent, and could have produced more assists, but we'll take the match sealing try he provided at the end through Reimis (who is not a center).

Defensively - sound. You cannot take that away from him. He's actually got some nous about when to hold down in a tackle too. I know that sounds crazy, but in the modern game, I do believe that there are warranted penalties, especially when the opposition has a supreme advantage (such as a broken line), or a quick play the ball is on the offering.

Offensively though - Lord help me. He is woeful. In the game of rugby league, with the majority of the world being right handed, his right to left pass should never be questioned. It should not. It is the first type of pass that halves learn. And he was woeful with it yesterday. It absolutely astounds me - in the first half, on what was our first attacking raid - if he hits Averillo on the chest with a cut out ball (a what, 10 metre bullet?)- he was virtually over (if not him, then DWZ would of reaped the spoils of a simple draw and pass). So many of his balls hit the deck, and just looks like a duck out of water sometimes when he plays deep in the line.

If he has a longer kicking game than Wakeham, than I can see why he is in the side for now. Whilst yesterday was a very up and down game for him, he came good. Don't change a winning team, and pray he learns something from the first 20 minutes of yesterdays game. That being said, I do not believe him to be our future - not unless Andrew Johns possesses him for the next 1.5 years of his contract.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The quality of the opposition let Lewis get away with his embarrassing passing skills but its not like it's a isolated thing and we have seen opposition punish us for things like that in the past.

Having someone like Averillo on the outside of Lewis is a major concern not from just a team point of view but he could also destroy his confidence.

Lewis' kicking game was decent and was reminiscent of his 2018 game where the opposition gave him plenty of time and space.

I'd be surprised if he gets that time and space against any other team this year.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's not forget he played better than Hunt and Norman combined on his own yesterday. He outplayed $2M worth of "ability".

Fair enough they're fucking shit, but sometimes we just have to be happy with the win and move on. Foran for obvious reasons likes Lewis over the others so that's that for now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate. It's clear you're passionate about the Dogs which is great. It really is.

It's getting the point though that if it weren't Lewis it'd be someone else. Or something else that you'd be blowing up about. If you had a little more balance I think it'd be easier to take what you say with a little more seriousness. But it's honestly hard to.

We've just won. Fought hard. Did alright. Of course we could've done better. No one is questioning that. Lewis wasn't wonderful. But he improved as the game went on.

Why don't you get off his back for a little bit? He'll be starting next week so breathe and accept that.
I'll get off his back a little when others get off his dick. Don't expect me to sit here quietly when he continually dishes up the same shit yet somehow gets praised time and time again. Fans need to stop celebrating and encouraging mediocrity.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly you lot are absolutely fucked. We had some great performances (remember it was dragons) last night from some of our players that I have made threads and comments about yet it generates absolutely fuck all discussion. But hey you mention Lewis and the cheer squad go into overdrive to defend such a mediocre player :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll get off his back a little when others get off his dick. Don't expect me to sit here quietly when he continually dishes up the same shit yet somehow gets praised time and time again. Fans need to stop celebrating and encouraging mediocrity.
"You will get off his back a little" reverse cowboy with a difference? "when others get off his dick" ..? is this some sort of sexual jealousy issue Sancho, and how big do you think Lachys dick is? BTW, this is a family forum so I think you should keep your weird sexual activity's to yourself..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Despite the win Lewis was quite poor for the first 50 or so minutes. His passing isn't even Reserve Grade standard..He stands way too flat and his kicks didn't find grass most of the game.

We were lucky that Saints were so disinterested in that game that they didn't realise Lewis was doing all of the kicking and didn't pressure him much.

He did play well in the last twenty minutes but by that stage Saints had given up. The real test will be against the Roosters. If Foran is still deferring as much as he did yesterday then Lewis will be pressured a lot more.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're a mediocrity.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly you lot are absolutely fucked. We had some great performances (remember it was dragons) last night from some of our players that I have made threads and comments about yet it generates absolutely fuck all discussion. But hey you mention Lewis and the cheer squad go into overdrive to defend such a mediocre player :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
But but but his uncle (who he had little to do with) was the king though :p

His greatest god given asset (which his uncle wasn’t blessed with) is his hair. And he sure flicks it around and runs his hand through it like he is part of a boy band :p

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A
Despite the win Lewis was quite poor for the first 50 or so minutes. His passing isn't even Reserve Grade standard..He stands way too flat and his kicks didn't find grass most of the game.

We were lucky that Saints were so disinterested in that game that they didn't realise Lewis was doing all of the kicking and didn't pressure him much.

He did play well in the last twenty minutes but by that stage Saints had given up. The real test will be against the Roosters. If Foran is still deferring as much as he did yesterday then Lewis will be pressured a lot more.
Amen to that :hearteyes:

Never a truer, more insightful comment spoken on here. I hope you don’t get a permanent ban due to your correct views :tongueclosed:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We'll find out how good Lewis' kicking game is when the opposing fullback is Tedesco instead of toxic Corey Norman.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How good was his first ball over the sideline? My neighbours 5 doors down heard all about it

Reaction score
his passing is definitely worrying, but if we're gonna be critical about spine players putting the ball in the right places, Lewis is not alone, JMK is getting wayward too