1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Berries, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Straight to the point

Straight to the point Waterboy

Lewis is better than most in the team. Best tackler and has influenced our defence.
    Although not in the half’s, I think he can be used as a lock forward he also still growing and very tough player.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mbappé2020

Mbappé2020 Immortal Gilded

Everytime he touches the ball the play completely breaks down lol. We have CHN being wasted most games because Lewis can't provide him with a decent ball to run onto. Then he throws those stupid as shit inside balls to a flat footed Tolman.

He wasn't the only one responsible, I put the majority of the blame on the spine and Pay. JMK got through plenty of work but his decision making and play from dh was awful, Foran had nice touches but didn't have the legs to get on the ball anywhere near enough, DWZ was a passenger due to injury we already know what I think of Lewis.

Who's to say these tackles don't get made if Lewis isn't there anyway? Cogger was hardly leaking points in recent weeks anyway. We had plenty of opportunities to score, we just needed someone in the spine to get their shit sorted for a couple of sets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mbappé2020

Has nothing to do with hatred or what not, he's just fucking shit. He's playing in the halves yet he can barely do a single thing required of a half, simple as that. We then come on here and have posters jerking off over him as if he's some prodigy so of course there's going to be conflict.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Bazildog

Bazildog Forum Regular

WTF..:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Where did I Chrissy Amphlett myself over him..?

5. Mbappé2020

I said posters, didn't say who specifically.

6. Bazildog

Bazildog Forum Regular

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence Premium Member

How does any first grade half not have an accurate kicking game?
    Its up to Pay to coach it.
    I think the Nth QLD heat killed him.

8. Teddybear

Teddybear Forum Regular

Are you related to cogger right?

9. Cartel

Cartel Participant

A first grade coach cannot teach a first grade player how to kick and pass, however an under 8's coach up to under 16's can teach a player how to kick and pass.

Ffs, if a player comes into 1st grade who does not know how to kick and pass, how and why the fuck is he in first grade?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. bowleggedwog

bowleggedwog wogdog

Prob be better to have cogger start and brown on bench. At least we can offer more from hooker. King is decent but offers nothing from hooker.

11. blue & white blood

blue & white blood Forum Regular

What do you have against Reynolds that when we mention him you get so embarrassed, I think you got a bit of a short Memory the guy can make breaks, got a great kicking game, won us lots of games by kicking field goals, scored heaps of trys from mid field, was a good defender, has heaps of first grade experience, is a good utility player and above all is passionate about our club. he played for NSW when they won that series, Our supporters where chanting his name when he ran on to Belmore oval & now your embarrassed when we mention his name, You got to be kidding if you don't think this guy will bring something special to our team, the reason he is not playing well at the tigers is because his heart is not in it. Even Steve Mortimer thinks we should bring him back. YES I do want to win a premiership. And I'm not embarrassed to say bring back Josh Reynolds, give him a go, Tigers pick up 1/2 the tab, What do we have to lose?

12. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

Oh the reason he isn’t playing well is because his heart is not in it?
    Sorry I didn’t think of that excuse
    Fair enough

If you want renoylds back then your happy to not win a comp for many more years.

13. Headmix

Headmix Forum Regular

More time with the camera on him

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Maxhardcore

Maxhardcore Kennel Enthusiast

Ben Roberts. People forget that cunt

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

Such a gun defender but clueless with the ball lock is his spot

16. DT

DT Kennel Enthusiast

As has been said for ages and i can tell you the club wants to play him at lock but our current roster does not allow that...he wont be a half much longer.
    Cogger has been good but his size is his weakness unfortunately for him...he is targeted in defence and spends all his time recovering from tackling monsters who continually run at him leaving little for attack.
    I like Cogger but I agree with Lewis playing at half for the moment over him and the results don't lie either.
    Cogger will get his turn soon enough and Lewis will be at lock asap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. wendog33

wendog33 Kennel Enthusiast

IF we had bigger, agile props possibly lock but we'd have a small pack with him at lock. Will have to build himself up.

But it does seem the only position for him. Not well rounded enough with halfback skills to keep the spot long term.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. diddly

diddly Forum Regular Gilded x2 Premium Member Gilded

Lewis would be more suited as a half in a side like the Broncos where they have a heap of attacking players or the titans who don't like tackling. ATM his lack of attack makes a bad situation at the dogs worse - a slow backline and a couple of plodding forwards who get in the way in attack. The criticism doesn't detract from his effort and defense which is outstanding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mbappé2020

Lewis doesn't deserve to play lock, have other forwards that are better than him and will continue to be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SPEARTAKVIDREFS

SPEARTAKVIDREFS Forum Regular

Why reward a player because he has great defense by playing him in a different position at the cost of weakening that position because "he just has to be in the team". It just doesnt make any sense, he'll always be the weakest link.

• Agree Agree x 1