Lewis has to go to 1st grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis was one of the better players today in Intrust and the same most weeks . There is not much of him, but gee he puts his body on the line and puts some of our other players to shame.

Other sides try new players on their merits not how tall or big they are but we seem reluctant to do so.I would love to be able to confidently say we will make the semis this year but that may be a big ask simply because we have had to relearn skills and work with what we have. I would not mind in the least if he got a run in first grade; he has confidence and seems to be quite level headed. Perhaps if we suffer an injury to one of our backs he may get a run as he can take the place of a centre or even in the halves.

In the pre game interview he even mentioned that the coach wants him to play in the centres as we are light on depth wise there.
That's all good but who is he going to replace? He's not within 100m of Hoppa or JMoz. JMK/Foz/Lichaa are going great guns. Fine showed his worth yesterday and we have to have a couple of boppas on the bench for rotation purposes. He's only a kid and with luck he may get a shot if there is an injury or cover if we have rep players but I would've thought an experienced FG player like Brown was ahead of him anyway. Holland too is an experienced and capable FG player so I really can't see a spot for him at the moment.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD the stupidity and inability to recognise good or shit players is ridiculous on this site..

You would think Lewis is the messiah the way u carry on about a shit reserve grade centre.

This thread reminds me of when u idiots jizzed all over your faces over Brad Abbey... Lewis is fucking shit.
Coming from a bloke that thinks Cleeland is a better defender than JMK...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
After watching the ISP today and taking into account how bad a day it must have been, none of those guys except maybe Martin are ready for FG. I was calling for Lewis but they were all terrible today. Frawley should be dominating ISP and he was crap. Cleeland wasn't much better tbh. Looks like JMK is our man until something else happens.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think this full year in isp and a big off-season next year will be great for lewis and i must say there is that something about him ,i think in time he will be a star

Last edited:

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After watching the ISP today and taking into account how bad a day it must have been, none of those guys except maybe Martin are ready for FG. I was calling for Lewis but they were all terrible today. Frawley should be dominating ISP and he was crap. Cleeland wasn't much better tbh. Looks like JMK is our man until something else happens.
Ogden was pretty good today

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe they should pop Lewis on the bench like Holland for a few games. If we are in command and winning well like last night, it'd be the ideal way to try out new players and give them a taste of the NRL.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they should pop Lewis on the bench like Holland for a few games. If we are in command and winning well like last night, it'd be the ideal way to try out new players and give them a taste of the NRL.
Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury to afford “carrying” a man on the bench. We only have JJ,Elliott and Klemmer that can play big minutes. Even though we dominate games we have only managed to score 3 tries in games we have won. Let’s put last night into perspective; the Cowboys couldn’t beat an egg last night, & we have a short turnaround facing a Roosters side out to prove a point Thursday.
Lewis is a half,at present he is well down the pecking order. However he’s making a good fist of centre at ISP level at the moment.He’ll get his chance during the season.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last Friday I was talking to a friend of mine,a Brisbane sports lawyer who was in Sydney in relation to a sport agent contractual agreements.
He's also currently doing some work for the Broncos,reviewing problematic situation clauses in player contracts.
He told me,that Brisbane are very impressed with Lewis and believe his destiny is in Qld.They are closely monitoring their current halves situation and Lewis's developments at the Bulldogs.
Wally Lewis currently has a fragile relationship with Brisbane's chairman Karl Morris and my friend believes unless resolved it could pose a problem.Wally is still upset over some verbal promises that were made by director Jeff Harvie,but not honored by his replacement Kevin Lawlor.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's all good but who is he going to replace? He's not within 100m of Hoppa or JMoz. JMK/Foz/Lichaa are going great guns. Fine showed his worth yesterday and we have to have a couple of boppas on the bench for rotation purposes. He's only a kid and with luck he may get a shot if there is an injury or cover if we have rep players but I would've thought an experienced FG player like Brown was ahead of him anyway. Holland too is an experienced and capable FG player so I really can't see a spot for him at the moment.

I agree Moz boys are excellent as are others but that is why i said; Perhaps if we suffer an injury to one of our backs he may get a run as he can take the place of a centre or even in the halves.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's see what happens this weekend, apparently Cleeland done his ankle so hopefully Lewis gets a run in the halfs.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing Lewis will bring to the side,is his passing game,he throws good cut out passed&he seizes the on the little gaps,that tired forwards leave in a game &apart from Foran we don’t have a lot of brains in the first grade side

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree Moz boys are excellent as are others but that is why i said; Perhaps if we suffer an injury to one of our backs he may get a run as he can take the place of a centre or even in the halves.
That'll teach me to stop reading at the first statement.....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not Lewis into centres to fill a Joel Reddy type role?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That'll teach me to stop reading at the first statement.....
All good Oatley Dog. I enjoy reading your posts and you do make an awful lot of sense.
Never lose your passion for the post.......................

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After the IPS game today
He’s a very good organising half
In total control today

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
After the IPS game today
He’s a very good organising half
In total control today
Had a good game. Not sure why commentators said brown might be going to manly. Put them both in firsts now

Status
Not open for further replies.