Lewis has to go to 1st grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy campbell

Waterboy
Reaction score
In saying that i put the game up and did watch it, he was hungry and is playing with will and aggression like he really wants it, some are saying on here hes a bit young and the pressure, hes 23 if he cant make it now he never will, pay might have to find a spot for him. Not sure if hes a 5/8 but hes a something. At least he looks hungry to support licha and the forwards cause no one else is.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stats are full of shit, i use my good judgement based on last few years... he is no fucking chance of making grade..
Says the arm chair expert :grinning: If morons like Frawley and Elliot can, as you put it "make the grade" then there is nothing stopping Lewis from doing the same. Pay just has to afford Lewis his shot at First Grade.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Says the arm chair expert :grinning: If morons like Frawley and Elliot can, as you put it "make the grade" then there is nothing stopping Lewis from doing the same. Pay just has to afford Lewis his shot at First Grade.
We all know there are players in our nrl team that are not playing well. Yet in ISP we have some form players which are in form and deserve a shot. Dont we expect these guys to get a run

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis is pretty small, but he goes OK. I think he needs to be eased into FG. I would start him on the bench and give him stints in the backline.
He can cover most of the backline or halves. That way he wont be destroyed by being in the run on side.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all know there are players in our nrl team that are not playing well. Yet in ISP we have some form players which are in form and deserve a shot. Dont we expect these guys to get a run
Yes and let's hope that Pay is paying attention to form both good and bad and not just playing favorites like Des use too.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes and let's hope that Pay is paying attention to form both good and bad and not just playing favorites like Des use too.
Yeah hopefully there are a few changes today

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Both those 2 morons were brought under the supercoach, The almighty one Des hasler.. unless major injuries then no fucking chance

Im going to blow my own horn and say i have been right the majority of times about our team and players over the years.. Lewis aint shit

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both those 2 morons were brought under the supercoach, The almighty one Des hasler.. unless major injuries then no fucking chance

Im going to blow my own horn and say i have been right the majority of times about our team and players over the years.. Lewis aint shit
Lewis has shown today he is not ready for NRL as a centre. Lacks pace and size. We will be better served with him in the halves.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis has shown today he is not ready for NRL as a centre. Lacks pace and size. We will be better served with him in the halves.
He needs a full season in reserve grade same as barba

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread started with the proposition that Lewis replace Hopoate at centre.
Ridiculous proposition to start with.
Given JMoz might not be at the club next season a centre position in first grade may be available.
Olive looks first in line.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And he may depending on injuries and form of jmk. Jmk imo hasnt done much wrong to not be given more time at this stage. Keep in mind Lewis and JMK are both rookies and juniors so you wont get a superstar performance out of either every week, until they get fg experience. Both show promise though

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At this stage I think things are starting to work an combinations are coming together, so let’s just leave things as is an let pay decide who gets a shot an when.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lewis and JMK also offer something different. JMK is a faster runner. JMK's defence is better. JMK seems a bit more ready for FG physically. JMK has a better step. Lewis is more creative, has a very good passing game, and looks more like a 7 or 9. And Lichaa hasnt done enough wrong to be replaced yet either.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When will Pay realise Lewis is the next half and play him him in the half’s
After today’s performance of Frawley and Cleveland pay should just make the move
He’s not developing in the centres

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
When will Pay realise Lewis is the next half and play him him in the half’s
After today’s performance of Frawley and Cleveland pay should just make the move
He’s not developing in the centres
Pay doesnt coach the reserves

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love for Lewis to have a crack anywhere in the starting 17 but I honestly think Pay doesn't rate him or is it just me?
JMK and Frawley got the nod in front of him so Pay definitely doesn’t rate him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Honestly Lewis needs to just be signed up asap before we put hm in first grade otherwise if he performs we will not be able to match offers to potentially take him. After JMK's defensive display last night id glady have him in the middle tbh
1. Mbye
6. Lewis
7. Foran
9. Marshall-King
14. Lichaa
would be pretty decent imo.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis was one of the better players today in Intrust and the same most weeks . There is not much of him, but gee he puts his body on the line and puts some of our other players to shame.

Other sides try new players on their merits not how tall or big they are but we seem reluctant to do so.I would love to be able to confidently say we will make the semis this year but that may be a big ask simply because we have had to relearn skills and work with what we have. I would not mind in the least if he got a run in first grade; he has confidence and seems to be quite level headed. Perhaps if we suffer an injury to one of our backs he may get a run as he can take the place of a centre or even in the halves.

In the pre game interview he even mentioned that the coach wants him to play in the centres as we are light on depth wise there.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if the club can afford to sign Lewis up for next year. He is not in front of the centres coming through and certainly nowhere near Cogger. Also Wakeham has to have a chance eventually. Unfortunately you can't keep them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.