Lewis > Averillo and Flanagan

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hope so, they are targeting him heavily, and it doesn't make it any easier for him next to our dumb back rowers.
It won't take long until our fans turn on him anyway :tearsofjoy:

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent been the biggest Lewis fan... but if he plays every game this year maybe we win a couple more.... his effort and desire is unmatched with other halves we have at the moment

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I’d be looking in techies of the good teams. Melbourne have qld cup. Riff have falls. We have cryer. We have a good one in Matt’s when he came back from injury changed there season. Not sure who the ball half was but they had a solid season. So good home grown ones are on the way. We also have BBO who is a half admitted he playing well at hooker
Can you please translate that into english?
Much appreciated if you could.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you know it was not a deliberate kick?
On the replay, Meany called for the ball, and lewis got it spot on.
I never said that the Meaney try wasn't a pin point kick..I actually said it was a great kick... I said the okunbor try was a bad kick, made to look good..

Reactions: TAS

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said that the Meaney try wasn't a pin point kick..I actually said it was a great kick... I said the okunbor try was a bad kick, made to look good..
Okenbors reminded me of the try ban baba scored...

Reactions: GDR

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm worried about BBOs defence, he is a very weak defender.
Ok in attack but can't tackle.
That’ll come mate, he’s missed that opportunity of playing “against men” and is learning on the fly. All of the new halves and hookers get mass traffic run at them, particularly at the start, so he’ll sort it if he’s good enough and I think he is.

He’s got a robust body shape about him, so will probably only add some more muscle to his frame, which will help also.

He’s the least of our worries.

Last edited:

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lewis has had years to prove himself and has failed, 1 good game makes no difference he debuted in 2018 how many good games since his debut, bugger all, hes a reserve grade player at best
flannigan is a complete flop a dud
averillo is heading the same way as lewis, a reserve grade player at best

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis deserves MOM for today's game but that does not fucking mean he's the answer for next year.

Burton will be the one leading the team and has a bigger more accurate boot than lewis.

All the rest are not good enough to partner burton, we're in the market for a half partner to burton and by signing Lewis we clog our salary cap. We need to start letting them go as their contracts expire
Just like the Elliott situation last year. Better off not to have been re-signed.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just like the Elliott situation last year. Better off not to have been re-signed.
Elliot can still have a positive effect on the team, he's a bench forward calibre for a team trying to win a premiership .

The problem is, hes on far too much money which makes him a starter.

Lewis has no value for a team trying to win the premiership. He'll be another frawley, a journey man at best.

There's every chance he may get another contract at another club (here or in england) but that's not the point, the point is there aren't clubs banging his door down to sign with them.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
correct, it was a poor kick

Looked at stats from last night
Lewis and flannigan
Zero runs, zero line break assists, zero tackle breaks.
Lewis 2 tries from kicks
Lewis 25 tackles 2 missed
Flannigan 28 tackles 1 missed
Hoppa 10 tackles 4 missed
Cant win a game with that shit

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
correct, it was a poor kick

Looked at stats from last night
Lewis and flannigan
Zero runs, zero line break assists, zero tackle breaks.
Lewis 2 tries from kicks
Lewis 25 tackles 2 missed
Flannigan 28 tackles 1 missed
Hoppa 10 tackles 4 missed
Cant win a game with that shit
Come on Steve, it’s no secret that you’re no fan of Lewis but you have to give credit when it’s due - he was our best on ground last night, and without the field position we were able to wrangle on the back of his long kicking, and without a bit of variation in his attacking kicks - we would’ve been beaten by 20+ last night.

The particular kick in question is probably a 9/10 level of difficulty to execute. Nightmare for wingers as it’s travelling at pace and curls away from the defending winger and towards the attacking winger. At the end of the day it was a good varied attacking kick which got us a result. And you blokes wanna complain because it was a couple of metres too deep for your liking. Come on mate.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Steve, it’s no secret that you’re no fan of Lewis but you have to give credit when it’s due - he was our best on ground last night, and without the field position we were able to wrangle on the back of his long kicking, and without a bit of variation in his attacking kicks - we would’ve been beaten by 20+ last night.

The particular kick in question is probably a 9/10 level of difficulty to execute. Nightmare for wingers as it’s travelling at pace and curls away from the defending winger and towards the attacking winger. At the end of the day it was a good varied attacking kick which got us a result. And you blokes wanna complain because it was a couple of metres too deep for your liking. Come on mate.
Well said