Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he was fantastic at the back for the Raiders.

Why couldn't we hang on to him and promote him on to the wing?

C

chipandchase

well we dont know how much he got offered, it is hard with the cap, but yes he was good and he always showed potential

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What could he possibly been offered? $60k a year to play reserves behind Dugan? The Raiders always have great juniors so they have backline players emerging every year. Meanwhile, we're stuck with Goodloss and a centre that can't tackle.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Agree..instead of having Junior and Lett just have Him as back up..

I am really disappointed with the club..

Nadzzz..

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Letting go of Thurston was a bad decision...

JTK has been disappointing, and we bought him from Penrith. Massey > Junior.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
Are you serious?? As bad as we played this guy was nothing special!

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Letting go of Thurston was a bad decision...

JTK has been disappointing, and we bought him from Penrith. Massey > Junior.
Idris gave it to him a few times. Was nice to watch. We dont need him though. Turner and Barba do the job just find. We needed a winger. We took a gamble with JTK< ended up being a dud buy.

C

chipandchase

What could he possibly been offered? $60k a year to play reserves behind Dugan? The Raiders always have great juniors so they have backline players emerging every year. Meanwhile, we're stuck with Goodloss and a centre that can't tackle.
thats what im saying, i dont know mate. but lets see how Moore reacts to this loss.
after 3 wins we have fallen into a huge hole

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats what im saying, i dont know mate. but lets see how Moore reacts to this loss.
after 3 wins we have fallen into a huge hole
Cant see him doing anything sadly. If Furner didnt make any changes to his team after 8 losses, cant see moore changing much. Both dud coaches.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly.Done sweetfa for what i could see. Made a couple of easy mistakes. Honestly what did he do?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We shouldn't have let go of Roberts and we shouldn't have let go of Massey.

We could have easily got rid of Junior Tia Kalifi instead. I'd like to see Reynolds get more game time now too. But Moore will probably coach out all of his flair and impetus and try to make him a grinder.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You blokes are as deluded as Kevin Moore. Massey isn't and never will be anywhere near Barba's quality.
Ben Roberts has 1 good game in 10. Should've let him go years ago.
Reynolds, from the little we've seen in 1st grade, looks to be worth keeping

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You blokes are as deluded as Kevin Moore. Massey isn't and never will be anywhere near Barba's quality.
Ben Roberts has 1 good game in 10. Should've let him go years ago.
Reynolds, from the little we've seen in 1st grade, looks to be worth keeping
And you probably lack the intellect to understand no one is saying we should have kept him to play fullback ahead of Barba.

I wanted to keep him as he has come through the ranks here and is a decent player who could easily cover a wing spot for us probably better than Bryson Goodwin, Junior Tia Kalifi and Heka Nanai/whoever else in lower grade. Massey played wing for the Junior Kangaroos last year, so he has experience there.

Also on Roberts, ask yourself, does Keating kick any better than Roberts? Does he pass better? Does he attack better in general? Does he run better? I'd say no to all of those. Keating's only better point is his support play, which in consideration with all his other faults, isn't that much of a plus overall.

It's easy to just say Roberts is inconsistent, but I really don't see what Keating is doing to say he's the superior player and deserving of the role.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you probably lack the intellect to understand no one is saying we should have kept him to play fullback ahead of Barba.

I wanted to keep him as he has come through the ranks here and is a decent player who could easily cover a wing spot for us probably better than Bryson Goodwin, Junior Tia Kalifi and Heka Nanai/whoever else in lower grade. Massey played wing for the Junior Kangaroos last year, so he has experience there.

Also on Roberts, ask yourself, does Keating kick any better than Roberts? Does he pass better? Does he attack better in general? Does he run better? I'd say no to all of those. Keating's only better point is his support play, which in consideration with all his other faults, isn't that much of a plus overall.

It's easy to just say Roberts is inconsistent, but I really don't see what Keating is doing to say he's the superior player and deserving of the role.
Dribble, dribble, dribble

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as I can get on your nerves I'll keep at it
You're not getting on my nerves. I just think your response was pathetic and showed you couldn't back up what you said originally.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not getting on my nerves. I just think your response was pathetic and showed you couldn't back up what you said originally.
I dont have to justify anything to you. You're not important, you're insignificant, you're a dribbler !

Status
Not open for further replies.