Letter From Todd Greenburg (MEMBERS ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Dear Members

As you are aware, the NRL salary cap has been discussed throughout the media in recent weeks and it has created significant debate amongst all supporters of the game.

At last week's NRL CEO's conference* it was resolved that all NRL Clubs would be invited to prepare submissions on any proposed changes, amendments, concepts or other relevant information in relation to the current, a new, or amended salary cap regime.

As a key stakeholder of the Bulldogs, and of the game of rugby league, we value your thoughts, and I invite you to express your views and/or opinions in relation to this matter.

This information will be collated on behalf of our Club and passed to the NRL salary cap review committee for consideration.

Submissions should include a bullet point summary of the discussion points followed by your detailed submissions on each point and should be forwarded to [email removed]

The deadline for submissions is C.O.B Wednesday 19 May in order for us to collate the entire document which must be submitted to the NRL by C.O.B. Friday 21st May.

Thanks for your ongoing support

Regards

(SIG)

Todd Greenberg

Chief Executive Officer

We have the best CEO in the business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
DJ, you should def submit your idea

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I hope he didn't extend this invite to the plebs. I can just imagine their responses

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Excellent opportunity here for the entire forum to be represented in one voice !

As an example our letter could read ...

"We the Kennel collectively wish to offer the following initiatives ....

• Point A
• Point B
• Point C

Kind Regards
(Insert everybodies names who had input)"

R

rocky IV

1. why are we not breaking the cap? it clearly worked for melbourne

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
it was sent to members only and now its in the mainstream ha ha
lol, I dont think its a big deal. Just like the Russell Crow vid that was leaked and the email to sharks members explainng their financial situation. Besides I removed the address anyways....

L

Lennie

lol, I dont think its a big deal. Just like the Russell Crow vid that was leaked and the email to sharks members explainng their financial situation. Besides I removed the address anyways....
nah i dont think it is a big deal. i was actually considering posting it anyway but then i remembered we have non members such as that rocky iv guy lurking here

R

rocky IV

lol who is going to send back anyway

todd will just be sitting back laughing at how dumb u all are

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
good god. i just realised that matto will be now claiming that he is gallops advisor and pulling the strings

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I only have 1 idea

Currently each club gets a 4.1 million dollar fund from the NRL (all of which is subject to salary cap)

I propose 2.1 million of that be restricted to a salary cap, HOWEVER only for non-club junior players (players from other clubs). The other 2 million (plus another 2 million by the club) be for junior players (players the club produced)

So effectively we have a $6.1 million cap, however its devided into 2 sections. $2.1 million for external players and $4 million to your own product. Of that $4 million, $2 million is provided by the NRL and 2$ million by the club.

This will push clubs to produce there own talent because they have a less severe restriction on those players.

Last edited by a moderator:

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Sorry had to rephrase the term "junior" I don't mean kids, I mean players the club produced ... that came through there junior ranks

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry had to rephrase the term "junior" I don't mean kids, I mean players the club produced ... that came through there junior ranks
What would you consider a junior.

Harold Matts' onwards?
SG Ball onwards?
U20's/bundy cup onwards?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
What would you consider a junior.

Harold Matts' onwards?
SG Ball onwards?
U20's/bundy cup onwards?
You'd have to come up with something workable here however just off the top of my head, maybe a minimum of 20 games in the lower ranks

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
The figures and percentages in my idea are irrelevant TBH

Its more so the idea of deviding the cap into 2 sections

Non Junior Products &
Junior Products

Part of the cap has to go to Non Juniors which is enforced in the current system

and the Junior products have a different system which allows clubs to keep their stars

What classifies a junior product ? ideas needed there

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The figures and percentages in my idea are irrelevant TBH

Its more so the idea of deviding the cap into 2 sections

Non Junior Products &
Junior Products

Part of the cap has to go to Non Juniors which is enforced in the current system

and the Junior products have a different system which allows clubs to keep their stars

What classifies a junior product ? ideas needed there
Well it would suck if lets say the Raiders developed a young player from Harold Matts' onwards, then was snapped up by the bulldogs. Played 20 games in the NYC and then was eligable for their junior cap.

I would make it 50-60 games in the junior ranks, that's at least 3 seasons, which i think is fair

Status
Not open for further replies.