Opinion Lets hope Taaffe comes on to replace Hutcho against the Knights

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll lie and create an excuse
You've been watching Gus.

The way Ciraldo's been talking up Taaffe, I can't see him dropping out for King, although that's what I'd do. I'd say Ciro leaves out Hayward or Patolo.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many are doubting Taaffe can handle 7 defensively but Hutcho doesn't do a great job there either. I've noticed he's been responsible for a few missed tackles this year which led to tries. Taaffe is actually taller than Mahoney (by 4cms) and virtually the same weight. He deserves a chance to see if he can tackle before we wipe him. Hutcho can't attack and isn't a great defender either. Why persist with a dud ?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Many are doubting Taaffe can handle 7 defensively but Hutcho doesn't do a great job there either. I've noticed he's been responsible for a few missed tackles this year which led to tries. Taaffe is actually taller than Mahoney (by 4cms) and virtually the same weight. He deserves a chance to see if he can tackle before we wipe him. Hutcho can't attack and isn't a great defender either. Why persist with a dud ?
Agreed i feel cam is being stubborn with this which isn’t a good trait hes been shit every game and yes lets in trys in defence

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch worries me today because he’s let in tries by shooting out of the line and leaving gaping holes! That’s exactly how the nightmare began last season vs Knights with Rajab having no idea.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hutch worries me today because he’s let in tries by shooting out of the line and leaving gaping holes! That’s exactly how the nightmare began last season vs Knights with Rajab having no idea.
As poor as he was last week, you can't compare Hutch to Rajab. I won't pretend to know why CC is persisting with him but probably big body that won't get trampled over by some big bopper. Not sure what the answer is though. We have Sexton who was second fiddle to Tanner Boyd or Taafe who would be my preferred option but I don't think they planned for him at hb, probably needs a few weeks in reggies prior.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch worries me every time he plays. The concept that he is there over Sexton for his defence regardless of his lack of attack is just wrong. He is no better defensively than Sexton.

with reports that Sexton will be running around with the green machine next week make these selections even worse.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When the fowards get tired he may change hutch and put taffe in run straight and fast