Lets go shopping.. Which Manly player would you like to see at the Dogs in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobee007

Waterboy
Reaction score
Of course I would love having Kieran Foran at the club, would add alot. Also reckon although he's an idiot, Watmough is just too good a player to ignore, especially if he wants to stay with Des.
Do not want the Stewart brothers, they are nothing but trouble, have a pathetic attitude, especially re the gallop non-issue. And also if you get one stewart brother you get both, just ask st george when they tried to sign brett and not glenn.
Don't think williams is worth much, especially not worth a kangaroos jersey.
Would be interested in mauro and Buhrer as fringe players but don't really see them getting into the side permanently.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
halves and backs are our problem.
more so, a 5/8 and a right centre. also the wing opposite of turner, although not so much a problem for us as those two positions

the rest of the backs is fine

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Of course I would love having Kieran Foran at the club, would add alot. Also reckon although he's an idiot, Watmough is just too good a player to ignore, especially if he wants to stay with Des.
Do not want the Stewart brothers, they are nothing but trouble, have a pathetic attitude, especially re the gallop non-issue. And also if you get one stewart brother you get both, just ask st george when they tried to sign brett and not glenn.
Don't think williams is worth much, especially not worth a kangaroos jersey.
Would be interested in mauro and Buhrer as fringe players but don't really see them getting into the side permanently.
Same, Ive never seen the hype (even at Parra)

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
T-Rex looks strong in the backrow, makes some great carries, hits the line hard.

oobee007

Waterboy
Reaction score
T-Rex looks strong in the backrow, makes some great carries, hits the line hard.
Only started doing this around round 23 or there abouts after des told him to stop playing like a fairy.

Same, Ive never seen the hype (even at Parra)
Typical islander player ala Mateo and Inu, when they are on they are on fire, but they go missing for large chunks of the game

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
although they are going to england i thought s.rodney and m.robertson were brilliant

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran
Oldfield

Only ones I would want

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ok, if anyone can remember back to 2 seasons ago, i remember reading in the newspaper or league week that we had signed cherry-evans.. i cant remember where abouts i seen the article. but yeah from what i remember bulldogs were interested in him. i think he was a toyota cup player at this stage.... does anyone else remember seeing it?
It was said we did sign him! Apparently it was all a "handshake deal"...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't believe this much people have said no to Brett Stewart. The last 3 seasons that he has been fit Manly have made the gf. In this order-

1. Keiran Foran
2. Brett Stewart
3. Anthony Watmough
4. Daly Cherry-Evans
5. Glenn Stewart

P

Paint.

If Jamie Lyon signs with the Dogs, I'll never wear my jersey again, that's a promise.

C

Ceagle

Why are you guys so confident that any Manly player will be going to the Dogs?

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Why are you guys so confident that any Manly player will be going to the Dogs?
I don't think anybody is confident, but rather optimistic.

FTR I don't want any Manly players, would rather Hasler use the resources at his fingertips to hone in on prospective stars.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran and Stewart...

Actually just Stewart works fine as well, Barba can shift back to 5/8 to accomodate him and sign SBW while we're on a shopping spree

Unbelievable that a lot of you don't want Stewart, he has all the freakish skill sets that Barba does AND more...Plus he is as safe as Patten under the high ball

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just Foran. Already one of the best 5/8's in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.