Leon bott

Status
Not open for further replies.

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
bott needs to replace haz.......did u guys see when petro showed him the sideline yesterday, about 10 metres of open space and haz didnt take it, ran back inside........i hung my head out of sheer embarrasment.

although his goalkicking was on the mark, ill give him credit for that.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

if his form is good bott will see first grade this year.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
isnt bott a right sided player

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He goes aaaight. Watched him play for the broncs a few times, he sure is fast. Hope he can defend too.....time will tell.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
hopefully he can fight his way into FG, its hard though to prove himself from one very good performance when some of his performances last season were not that great. But like i said he has potential and that showed while he was at the Broncos as well, hopefully it won't be too long before we see him in FG.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bott needs to replace haz.......did u guys see when petro showed him the sideline yesterday, about 10 metres of open space and haz didnt take it, ran back inside........i hung my head out of sheer embarrasment.

lol, that's disgraceful

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
I also saw Hazem not take on civonceva and that was a concern.
I dont think Utai and Hazem will see out the season in firsts.
The trend now is tall and quick wingers - we have two of the shortest wingers in the comp and they will be targeted defensively and with the high ball.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need Heka on one side and Bott on the other..

Bott is much faster than Utai, and as much as El Masri's kicking will be invaluable he can potentially let in just as many tries..

Time will tell..but for now keep Hazem there

H

Haztrick

I'll admit that El Masri is definitely isn't a speed machine or line breaker or attacking gun, but he can find his way to the line like not many others, he can kick goals better than anyone and his defence has always been top notch. He deserves his spot until he f*cks up in FG.

Bott is an exciting player. I hope I get to see him in FG this year and we just might if he gets that centre spot with Millard missing until round 2 or 3 (god knows that Phelps will be picked, though)

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
haztrick
was it not god who wrote the eleventh commandment...
phelps shalt not play : )
on a serious note, bott should only
be considered as a winger.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Unless Bott has terrible defence or positional play and can't catch a bomb, he should get a spot. He can have El Masri's a she makes him look pedestrian in attack. Then we have a tank either side of the ground. I don't care if they're short re: bombs. If they can jump and catch they're tall enough. I know Utai has trouble, but not always and even tall wingers have those problems (read: Manu Vatuvei) I don't know how Bott goes under the high ball but I do know one thing, having the sort of pace he does wins matches! How many times will we make breaks this year only to see Patten, Tonga or El Masri run down? You put Bott away and hardly anyone is going to catch him.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reason HAz didn't take him on is that Petro would have had him for pace and put him into the 3rd row of grandstand!!!

luv El MAgic.....GO HAZZZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you people insist on having 2 of the same players in the team?

Bott's defence IMO looks better than Utai but they are in the same mold...we'd need both Heka and Bott in the team, one with strength, speed and height and the other with IMMENSE strength and superspeed.

@ Haztrick, i just want the guy to get the all time record tbh, but other than that he doesn't find his way to the tryline...i mean a winger dodging a prop-forward? Ie. He didn't believe he could outrun Civo? Thats really embarrassing

C

chipandchase

The reason HAz didn't take him on is that Petro would have had him for pace and put into the 3rd row of grandstand!!!

luv El MAgic.....GO HAZZZ
there is your answer, haz is too slow.
bott/nania and utai have to be on the wings with Winitana in the centres, groom half back and barba somewhere in the squad

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Leon did show he is getting back into gear on sunday. He was impressive with Winitana in the centres. But i would still have Utai take the left flank for round one.

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's a really good point deception 2112 - why have such similar players in the same positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.