Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Go hard for NAS and Egan Butcher

Guler would be okay
Ive always liked Guler, despite us knocking off Raiders in the trial, I thought he looked really good early.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
the roosters didnt come in late, i quoted this to @ASSASSIN and @Bulldogs09 more than 6 or 8 weeks ago, before anyone quoted the roosters were involved.
the storm and dragons never gave any offers, that was bullshit from the media.
The initial offer his management was rejected by both dogs and roosters, it was stupid.
fact is roosters gave a counter offer at a very respectable price, and the dogs didnt bother to give anything.
what is he supposed to do? he goes to the club that wants him.
I can screen shot the date if nobody believes it.

Good info again my bro

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What is the figure uce? A Kennel meltdown will make the week go quicker. lol
I couldn't imagine it would be a low figure otherwise why wouldn't Panthers keep him... Has to be a decent pay increase to have him leave the area

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine it would be a low figure otherwise why wouldn't Panthers keep him... Has to be a decent pay increase to have him leave the area
500-600k is my guess. I think he would of been on about 350k at Panther.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
the roosters didnt come in late, i quoted this to @ASSASSIN and @Bulldogs09 more than 6 or 8 weeks ago, before anyone quoted the roosters were involved.
the storm and dragons never gave any offers, that was bullshit from the media.
The initial offer his management was rejected by both dogs and roosters, it was stupid.
fact is roosters gave a counter offer at a very respectable price, and the dogs didnt bother to give anything.
what is he supposed to do? he goes to the club that wants him.
Yeh he called chooks as only
Thread besides panthers months ago

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough.. We always appreciate your info too man. You, @KiwiDog7 , @MasterP, @ASSASSIN, @Dexter35 and a few others are some of the few on here that provide legit mail.

We'll never know the exact figure but it will be interesting to know what the clubs top offer was and how much he signed for at the Roosters. I think he could be pretty good, but I also don't think he's worth paying too much for.
Who the fk is @Dexter35 and what has he ever given info on lol

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You got to wonder, if we didn’t even go back with an offer for Leniu, what’s up the sleeves of Gus and CC? Are they kicking themselves finding out that Roosters ‘allegedly’ didn’t pay overs? (I say allegedly because I don’t know the figure and it’s a subjective opinion on his value). Or did we have something else in the works anyway so Gus thought why stuff around playing games when we have X up our sleeve already. Time will tell, but I can’t see Gus and CC walking away from Leniu signing that easily unless something else was happening.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were a few people here who said he was a sure thing. I think Bulldogsteve had direct sources from the club? I am sure people were saying his info was rock solid. Can anyone confirm?

I am sure he was there, and potentially looked like it was going to happen but Roosters swooped in and offered him more coin.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got to wonder, if we didn’t even go back with an offer for Leniu, what’s up the sleeves of Gus and CC? Are they kicking themselves finding out that Roosters ‘allegedly’ didn’t pay overs? (I say allegedly because I don’t know the figure and it’s a subjective opinion on his value). Or did we have something else in the works anyway so Gus thought why stuff around playing games when we have X up our sleeve already. Time will tell, but I can’t see Gus and CC walking away from Leniu signing that easily unless something else was happening.
Not sure what 'overs' is however it would be a lot over what he would be on now. I don't imagine Dogs would have offered him anything above 450k. It's hard to say what his market value is at the moment, with a lot changing and he's not really a first grader week in week out yet, so I don't imagine they paid anything more than what we would have offered. He just chose Roosters and TBH I am glad Dogs did not feel the need to up their offer. We have moved on from being that team.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure what 'overs' is however it would be a lot over what he would be on now. I don't imagine Dogs would have offered him anything above 450k. It's hard to say what his market value is at the moment, with a lot changing and he's not really a first grader week in week out yet, so I don't imagine they paid anything more than what we would have offered. He just chose Roosters and TBH I am glad Dogs did not feel the need to up their offer. We have moved on from being that team.
It’s a nice position to be in for a change, that is not being desperate or panicking into paying more than we are comfortable with.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you seriously suggesting that JAC can't sell his Let's Trot gear? Because that's a TPA.
Or Burton signing football boots sponsor? Because that's a TPA.
Or Mahony with a headgear sponsor? Because that's a TPA.

Always a Bulldog
Lets Trot is not a TPA. The clothing label is co-owned by his Josh, his manager and the Shoe Grab owner. Josh copywrited Lets Trot in 2017. This is not a TPA, anything he makes he pockets.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't care less now tbh, if he wants 700k let the fucking Roosters have him for 350K on the books and 350K off it.

They can rort the system all they like, but the only won when they had Cronk. Without him they can't win it.
It’s easy for fans looking from the outside in to think the Roosters are corrupt or that they rort the salary cap, the level of wealthy people they’re aligned with, they wouldn’t be stupid enough to risk their reputations like that, they are way to rich and way to smart for that …

I dislike the Roosters as much as most, but I do admire the way they run their club, and anyone who doesn’t is just envious ..

If you want to know how I think they do it, enjoy the read, if not, scroll on ..

The reason the Roosters attract the best players is they sit these players down and explain that it’s not so much about how much you earn, it’s about how much of it you get to keep, and you get to keep the majority of what you earn when you learn how to invest your money wisely.

The Roosters have some of the wealthiest most powerful people in Australia aligned with them, we all know they have Nick Politis and Mark Bouris on the board, what we don’t see is their very smart very long list of world wide wealthy investors and contacts.

Look at it this way, if the Tigers offered a player $1 million, the player probably loses more than $400k in tax .. so they’re only really earning just over $500k ..

Roosters can offer that same player $750k … and they’d probably sit them down with one of these very wealthy people and be asked something like, can you live on $100k of that $750k pa, and then they’d map out a wealth building strategy for the other $650k, generally a diverse range of assets that reduces tax while increasing in price, property, shares, crypto, large developments, etc. and they’d throw in a nice car.

That same player is now $250k better off because they’re not losing it in tax plus it’s out there working for them making them more money.

The Roosters discuss the life span the player has in the game and that instead of just using them up and spitting them out, they help to financially set them up for life, it’s one thing to earn a million dollars, it’s a completely different thing to know how to reduce the tax on it and how to cleverly invest it so it turns into two million dollars …. that’s the attraction to the Roosters, It’s worth it for players to take less money to make these connections and be mentored by these wealthy people so they leave the game wealthy, not broke and broken …

These players are still young they’re earning big money but financially they’re very naive, how many other clubs pay a player a million dollars and say good luck, and that player goes on to lose close to 1/2 of that in tax and have no idea what you do with the rest … the Roosters system of teaching these players wealth creation and setting them up with the right connections to invest and grow their money is very attractive, plus they have the clout to back it up, we see these players sign for less and scratch our heads & wonder why, well there’s the why, that’s the less money attraction and why they’re attracting the best players .. it’s a very smart strategy that 90% of the public don’t understand …

Gus Gould would understand how that exact system works from his time there, plus he’d have very similar contacts, as shown when he brought in Packer to help bail out the Panthers, it wouldn’t surprise me if he and the Laundy’s are setting up a similar strategy and that’s why we’ve associated ourselves with them for 10 years, maybe this is what’s already starting to attract these better players ..

Jmo.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
First off I believe “Let’s Trot” isn’t a TPA. I’m sure It’s his business he can earn as much he wants.

TPA’s can still be part of the game but it needs a huge reform.
Lets Trot is not a TPA. The clothing label is co-owned by his Josh, his manager and the Shoe Grab owner. Josh copywrited Lets Trot in 2017. This is not a TPA, anything he makes he pockets.
So what, as you seriously suggesting the JAC doesn't get paid by Let's Trot Apparel Pty Ltd for lending his image to the brand. The corporate structure is irrelevant, any player (just like the rest of us) can start a company and be paid by it, the third party is LTA in JAC's case. The tax implications of an NRL player setting up their own company are the same as for anyone else. The TPA requirement is that none of the player's income can come from the Club or anyone associated with the club.

TPA's are allowed so that players can earn an income from another source other than playing football. Income that may last longer than they are playing, possibly income for when their playing days are over. Media appearances, football boots sponsors, headgear sponsors etc. I'm sure Burton will have his own range of headgear, maybe Mahony and Crichton can join him and set up a company that promotes a chosen brand of headgear and they can sell individual advertising on them. Thurston had a TPA with Maddison and he also had CoolMax (the polyester material the head gear was made of) sponsorship/advertising on the head gear itself.

TPA's have to be allowed, it was introduced a couple of decades ago as part of the CBA between the NRL and the RLPA. It was in response to a number of players threatening court action over them not being allowed other sources of income. It's the same as you or I can have 2 or 3 jobs with different employers. Not that an NRL player is in their league (sic) but Usain Bolt, LeBron James and Roger Federer earnt more than twice as much from their sponsors than they did from their chosen sports.

Always a Bulldog