Official Leniu to depart panthers

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
We have 22 players under contract for 2024.
Yep....my figures were wrong as far as I can see on ZT.......I accept but $3M for a further 8 players is still a bit close to the bone for signing high value players. Of course, we can always let someone contracted go if need be.......and perhaps the cap will increase in 2024......

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep....my figures were wrong as far as I can see on ZT.......I accept but $3M for a further 8 players is still a bit close to the bone for signing high value players. Of course, we can always let someone contracted go if need be.......and perhaps the cap will increase in 2024......
We will add 2-3 marquee/quality players and the rest will be minimum wage or close to it.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Chooks land B.smith and retain Matt lodge for 2023 and signing dom young and leniu for 2024

I’ll expect sualii to be gone next season.

Teddy
Toups
Sualii
Manu
Young as a back 5 is crazy lmao
Lodge got chucked a lifeline he was unwanted. He's turned out good and if he keeps clean I hope he stays. Suallii is shitting me because somebody is swelling his head. He's a talent no doubt but piss off if you're gonna be a dipshit and think you're replacing Teddy.

Toups has given years of service to us and the right thing his to let him decide. If the clubs releases him Chooks fans will not be happy and it's dead wrong if they do that after all he's given.

Young aint there for Toups but Suallii. Leniu is there for JWH.

BTW I never wanted Smith at the club and wish he stayed with Bellyache.....I don't think he fits the culture.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lodge got chucked a lifeline he was unwanted. He's turned out good and if he keeps clean I hope he stays. Suallii is shitting me because somebody is swelling his head. He's a talent no doubt but piss off if you're gonna be a dipshit and think you're replacing Teddy.

Toups has given years of service to us and the right thing his to let him decide. If the clubs releases him Chooks fans will not be happy and it's dead wrong if they do that after all he's given.

BTW I never wanted Smith at the club and wish he stayed with Bellyache.....I don't think he fits the culture.
A lifeline - he had a big contract at the warriors and then decided to hard basket to move to ew Zealand and stuff that team
He would have ended up with decent offers form a lot of clubs

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, Ciraldo coached this bloke for a long time, and there would have been an advantage with his close mate Crichton and Kikau also at the club. So, if Gould and Ciraldo pulled out on him, I trust that if Ciraldo thinks he is not worth the coin he would have wanted, then Ciraldo would know better than any of us.
May possibly of dodged an expensive bullet…

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me, Ciraldo coached this bloke for a long time, and there would have been an advantage with his close mate Crichton and Kikau also at the club. So, if Gould and Ciraldo pulled out on him, I trust that if Ciraldo thinks he is not worth the coin he would have wanted, then Ciraldo would know better than any of us.
Exactly. He gave linking up with Kikau, Burton, Crichton, Cam Ciraldo and Gus. What could the chooks have said and offered for him to give that all up and go to the unknown and with zero familiar faces. Hmmmm

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He would have ended up with decent offers form a lot of clubs
Don't think so he bailed on NZ but was trouble. Man look at his turn out in NY. He was never gonna be knocked over with offers.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Shit, you would hope Sualli's head doesn't get any bigger, it's already the dimensions of a bar fridge as it is.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Shit, you would hope Sualli's h
ead doesn't get any bigger, it's already the dimensions of a bar fridge as it is.
The kids got talent but is an underdone player. He's not Slater, Teddy, Cleary...but mate to to rugby or somwheres else fcuk even Souffs for all I care
We don't need precious prima Donna's.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We will upgrade youngins like joash papalii, Brendan Clarke, rajab and Blake Wilson all on minimum. That’s 4 gone other 4 will likely be brought with abit over 2 mil to spend on 4

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m thinking we dodged another bullet fam. Leniu is a hothead. He’ll fit right in at Bondi.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tonight;

Spencer Leniu v Broncos
35 minutes
Hit ups 7
Metres 79
Tackles 27
Missed tackles 3
Errors 1

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Great post. I am happy and very glad we didn’t pay overs for him. I also lost all respect for him when he did the “omg hold me back bro” bankstown square thing last year during a sideline fight. Cat

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great post. I am happy and very glad we didn’t pay overs for him. I also lost all respect for him when he did the “omg hold me back bro” bankstown square thing last year during a sideline fight. Cat
Yeah I look forward to throwing Gatorade bottles at him later this season from the sideline ‘allegedly