Leniu gets 8 weeks

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They banned the king hit and shoulder charge from the tough world of League now you get 8 weeks for a shit sling, what next four weeks for talking to the opposition?
Why doesnt the NRL ban its involvement in the 'Gutless prank' if its so pure?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 103907

I'm really over this...
Gee thats drawing a long biw to sack someone for that kind of comment.

It might be in poor taste if you know the full story but if you werent aware of the incident, you just wouldn't be able to see it as a rasict comment.

Over reaction and strong calls for unlawful dismissal me thinks....

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gee thats drawing a long biw to sack someone for that kind of comment.

It might be in poor taste if you know the full story but if you werent aware of the incident, you just wouldn't be able to see it as a rasict comment.

Over reaction and strong calls for unlawful dismissal me thinks....
An event from a couple of years ago put the lie to any fairness in that regards. Indeed for most preciously held assumptions about liberal democracy.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will soon be at the stage where books like these below will be banned because they include a word which after this decision can mean apparently something racial....

I get called f@#old white c#$ all the time, so if I wanted to ,could claim racism simply because of one word. I am not happy because it is young ones 8-10 who use this language...they hear it from their older family so the lack of respect goes both ways... however I choose to turn the other cheek and be the bigger person..

1710226599230.png 1710226648951.png 1710226685123.png 1710226714111.png 1710226733197.png

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Come out here in summer and try to drive across the low level bridge without having your car hit, kicked and mud thrown at it being called a white c@nt

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only is the penalty a joke the NRL are a joke.

Spend huge $$$$$ on the Las Vegas venture to promote the game but the main purpose of the venture was to make more in gambling $$$$$ in the gambling capital of the world, now that the online gambling market is opening up in the US.

Refereeing standards haven't improved at all. The Sonny Luke disallowed try in the Penrith v Storm match was another joke of a decision. Turned the game and the result.

It's going to be a very long and hard season to watch but I'll still support and hopefully watch the 'Dogs win enough games to make Finals.

Should know if that's a reality or not by June and if we're shit again this year, I'll be switching to watching the 20/20 ICC Cricket World Cup being hosted in the Carribean and the US in June.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Come out here in summer and try to drive across the low level bridge without having your car hit, kicked and mud thrown at it being called a white c@nt
And yet - the Sam Kerr defence is apparently racism only applies to minorities. Someone with dark skin can comment on ole whitey because ole whitey isn't a minority. And I believe Craig Foster actually apologised because he never realised this. Guessing he's not alone coz fck knows if I understand it either.

Just another thought. Got 12 weeks when everyone thought 8 weeks max. Any coincidence that if he got 8 weeks, Leniu's 1st game back is..... da bronks?

Edit - oops - got 8 weeks. Game on bwahahahahahaha....

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hate the roosters but, Wow 8 weeks for that…. Leniu should come out and say what assra said first.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw Thurston on the news saying he believes Leniu should've got more than 8 weeks! If this is what the game has come to, then the game is fucked.

If Thurston truly believes that's worth more than 8 weeks, I have a Christmas book, I received as a gift, on Thurston that I'm willing to sell if anyone is interested.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I still think the All Stars game is racist…. How can you have a game that only allows certain races to participate

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
R u ok @Rod :tearsofjoy: chill fella geez.

I've given this some serious thought and this comes to mind....
download.jpeg.jpg

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I hate the roosters but, Wow 8 weeks for that…. Leniu should come out and say what assra said first.
Good chance Ezra didn't say anything. Took Roosters nearly a week to come up with that limp excuse. Took Leniu a week or so to actually realise he said the word monkey when he denied he did anything wrong or had anything to worry about up until he was advised to plead guilty and try to earn a few sympathy votes from the public and the judiciary.
Political correctness has gone crazy and things will go way over the top in years to come but IMO he was lucky to just get 8 weeks compared to the 4 weeks Montoya copped for a much less targetted comment towards an opponent. Very fortunate he plays for a certain club.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good chance Ezra didn't say anything. Took Roosters nearly a week to come up with that limp excuse. Took Leniu a week or so to actually realise he said the word monkey when he denied he did anything wrong or had anything to worry about up until he was advised to plead guilty and try to earn a few sympathy votes from the public and the judiciary.
Political correctness has gone crazy and things will go way over the top in years to come but IMO he was lucky to just get 8 weeks compared to the 4 weeks Montoya copped for a much less targetted comment towards an opponent. Very fortunate he plays for a certain club.
Just a bad look on assra now.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If Ezra didn't say anything, what was in the couple of paragraphs in his statement that were never released to the public? My guess is he unloaded verbally first but apparently you can say some things but cannot say others. And if made public, that would have taken away from the whole racism issue the NRL are trying to show pony.

And thats the problem. No idea what he might have said but hypothetically, lets go with MoFo. That according to the NRL is ok. You say that to me to my face you're visiting a dentist unless you are a really good bro. And this is why you keep shit on the field and deal with it privately off the field, because otherwise it becomes a mess.

The NRL have created a problem now. They have redacted what led to it. They have allowed people to speak out prior to a judiciary hearing. They have made it clear that the punishment was a message to others, which in a real court is subject to appeal every day of the week.

Not supporting what Leniu said. But if I'm playing the bronks and anyone of those clowns says anything that crosses any line, I'm reporting it to the ref. And if the ref does nothing I'm dogshotting the clown and let the cards fall where they may. And when I'm at the judiciary, I'm making the whole thing public. Why is racism not ok but abusing my family is? Abusing me is? Fck em - lets go Fair Work Australia. Sure I'll earn some coin out of that.

The whole thing is a shitshow.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you get mentally scarred by getting called a monkey JT?
In the old days players used to get five king hits from Tallis.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can tell you 100% that most islanders would not consider calling someone a monkey racist

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It will soon be at the stage where books like these below will be banned because they include a word which after this decision can mean apparently something racial....

I get called f@#old white c#$ all the time, so if I wanted to ,could claim racism simply because of one word. I am not happy because it is young ones 8-10 who use this language...they hear it from their older family so the lack of respect goes both ways... however I choose to turn the other cheek and be the bigger person..

View attachment 103952 View attachment 103954 View attachment 103955 View attachment 103956 View attachment 103957
8-10 year olds call their teachers/support staff that to your face? Wowee DL. That's unreal. Yes "monkey" entering into vernacular in the same vein as the N word I guess!

The N word and now the M word.