News Legend Still Not Convinced Bulldogs Star is a 5/8th

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And you problem starts with an A and ends with a Z
Both of use need fixing!

C and ends and iraldo - C and ends with iraldo
And you problem starts with an A and ends with a Z- And your problem starts with an A and ends with a Z

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Heard he is a hard task master, is he too hard and needs to make good mates with his players and bring them along as people?
Its a tricky process to evolve a team into champions, you gotta coax them along not demand.
Its not all him, its a comp with other teams, the other teams will sabotage if it helps them.
We all want Canterbury to rise like a Phoenix from the ashes and they should.
So glad someone is willing to take up that role, what a shit show being coach of our team is in these times. I'm happy to just let him ride it out honestly and see what results. Otherwise it's the same thing, rookie/new coach "not my team, players" "I want to introduce my philosophy" etc etc. Glad to just let him do what's needed to be done

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Turkey neck can fuck right off with his opinions on the bulldogs or bulldog players whether he’s right or wrong because anything he says is deigned to be derogatory.
I don’t think Burton is a 5/8th but I would rather leave him where he is for now than replace him with a player that could potentially make us worse.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Both of use need fixing!

C and ends and iraldo - C and ends with iraldo
And you problem starts with an A and ends with a Z- And your problem starts with an A and ends with a Z
Fixed :tearsofjoy:

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Turkey neck can fuck right off with his opinions on the bulldogs or bulldog players whether he’s right or wrong because anything he says is deigned to be derogatory.
I don’t think Burton is a 5/8th but I would rather leave him where he is for now than replace him with a player that could potentially make us worse.
:tearsofjoy: Turkey neck, what a call! He talks like a turkey would too now that you mentioned it, changes the way I listen to his co commentary from now on.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How was Burton at 5/8th at Penrith? I never really watched Penrith play
I know he had a handful of games there

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was shit. If I remember correctly, he took as many field goal attempts to close out a game which they eventually tied with the knights I think.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In their last 4 grand final making years, his stint at 5/8 was the worst club played during that time

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about the try part you mentioned with his hands in the air, maybe you're overlooking into that? He ran a support/decoy line. We need more of those from players.
You might be right mate, I might be reading to much into that .. for everyone’s sake just I want him to play well and be a star for us, he has so much potential … hopefully he has a blinder against the Sharks and shows us all what he’s capable of ..

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Geez guys the pile on on Burton, although warranted in some regards, really is getting over the top.

He must surely sense that he is not performing and surely Ciro has spoken to him about his expectations of his 5/8 play.

Let's see how he responds against Sharks.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burto was magic at centre for Panthers.
Outside the games best halves. (Arguably).

He has under-whelmed at 6 for us.
And it does not seem to be improving.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You might be right mate, I might be reading to much into that .. for everyone’s sake just I want him to play well and be a star for us, he has so much potential … hopefully he has a blinder against the Sharks and shows us all what he’s capable of ..

Sent from my iPad using The Kennel mobile app
Exactly, he has so much potential and it's a decent team around him. We just need him to switch on and be consistent.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good coach would call it now, not half way through this season. Burton is no half or five eighth. He is a centre and the sooner Burton and Coach chooses the team over his own ambitions, the sooner we can figure out who should be in the halves. Gould needs to call it as CC won’t.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we had ben hunt or cleary he would be a good five eight but we dont so he isnt.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton isn't getting the ball to our backs. Late in the game against the Eels the commentators said Crichton had only touched the ball 4 times. He doesn't talk from numerous reports. He has no passing game - no cut out ball and when shifts are on he usually fucks up our shape by passing too early before drawing his defender. He doesn't kick for repeat sets. All he does is kick on the 5th and when doing so he rarely uses his high spiral. The only thing he's good for is kicking for distance when we have a bad set coming out of our own end or for touch after a penalty (but he's f..ked up many of those also). He obviously doesn't do any extras at training because his skills never improve. HE wants to play 5/8 of course because it's bigger money at contract time but it's not his choice. No one else is gonna pay him the 800K+ we're paying him to play 5/8. He had what about 2 runs against the Eels. A 5/8 gets more involved and until he does so and he improves greatly he needs to go to centre. Any standard 5/8 can get our backs more ball. Burton can still kick from centre when really needed.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He scored a couple of good solo efforts, but I never really recall him setting up tries nor manage repeat sets and those types of things. You could see something good in him in terms of potential, but it was really when he filled in at centre scoring tries for fun that stood out.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said all along that Burton is wasted at 6. He is a running centre. A Dally M centre of the year
Dogs should move him.
imagine him and Crichton either side.