News League enforcer Sean Keppie granted permission to leave

Malla

Reaction score
The only middles worth looking at for 2024 imo are Jordan McLean, Tariq Sims, Tepai Moeroa, Seyfarth and Twal… this gives us a bridge to 2025 where we must open up the purse strings deluxe - once we can snare 1 marquee, others may follow
There's genuine development in Twal. He can easily play for another 5+ years. I like his game a lot. Seyfarth unproven but worth the risk.

I think Sia is supposed to be the bridge. We will see how that pans out.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plays hard but once again a bench rotation versus a run on 13. Would only take him on a 2 year deal at market rate versus overs until juniors come online.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where the hell is the next wave of AFB, JFH, Haas, Tapine weapon type forwards?
Surely there are massive young players somewhere that want to get paid a lot of money to get super fit and run over other players

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
no he's garbage...
pretty much another waddell type player who makes constant errors and gives away penalties
Is that a personal observation or are there stats to back that up?

Just quickly;
Round 27 - no errors, 1 penalty, in 42 minutes - 100 run metres and 50+ metres post contact.
Round 26 - no errors, 1 penalty, in 43 minutes - 90 run metres and 40 metres post contact.
Round 25 - no errors, no penalties, in 40 minutes - 74 run metres and 26 metres post contact.
Round 24 - no errors, 2 penalties, in 47 minutes - 59 run metres and 26 metres post contact (against the Panthers, where everyone's stats are down).
Round 23 - didn't play
Round 22 - no errors, no penalties, in 29 minutes - 57 run metres and 18 metres post contact.

Based on that, albeit small sample, he doesn't seem to me to make "constant errors" (zero in 5 games) or give away a lot of penalties (4 in 5 games).

For the minutes he plays he makes decent metres and his tackle efficiency is over 90% for the last 4 seasons, so not much of an issue there either.

Always a Bulldog

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Just quickly;
Round 27 - no errors, 1 penalty, in 42 minutes - 100 run metres and 50+ metres post contact.
Round 26 - no errors, 1 penalty, in 43 minutes - 90 run metres and 40 metres post contact.
Round 25 - no errors, no penalties, in 40 minutes - 74 run metres and 26 metres post contact.
Round 24 - no errors, 2 penalties, in 47 minutes - 59 run metres and 26 metres post contact (against the Panthers, where everyone's stats are down).
Round 23 - didn't play
Round 22 - no errors, no penalties, in 29 minutes - 57 run metres and 18 metres post contact.

Based on that, albeit small sample, he doesn't seem to me to make "constant errors" (zero in 5 games) or give away a lot of penalties (4 in 5 games).

For the minutes he plays he makes decent metres and his tackle efficiency is over 90% for the last 4 seasons, so not much of an issue there either.

Always a Bulldog
observation based the whole season plus he misses quite a few tackles

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I personally can't stand him as a player. The eye test is atrocious. Everything about him. I think he's pretty terrible. This would be up there with signing and playing Waddell. Seyfarth would be much better and he ain't it either.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just quickly;
Round 23 - didn't play

Always a Bulldog
We are pretty lucky the Kennel doesn't buy players and Gus will make that decision

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Golf > Twal > Seyfarth > Keppie

In that order

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bit of a plodder and his knees are cooked. Would rather Twal for an extra $200k.