Latest Edition of "The Bark"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So I just recieved the latest edition of The Bark magazine today in the mail and I must admit I couldn't stop shaking my head as I skimmed through the magazine.

There are like 2 or 3 editions printed every year, and I love how it says that it keeps us up to date with the "latest" information about the team, when really it mentions things from months back we already knew about.

On top of that, the addressing letter from Mr Greenburg is kinda laughable and sad at the same time. The way he talks about how we've had so much success on and off the field this year is the laughable part. The sad part is the part where he mentions we have reached almost 15,000 members this year. It only really hit me how much the fans have invested in the club this year, only to receive nada in return. It's worrying as well because there is a likelihood numbers could drop next year.

Anybody else receive it in the mail yet and thinking the same thing?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
yep

I was reading it I was thinking to myself how delayed is this? the newsletter sounds like as if we are still in rd 9

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much media stuff, not enough action on the field.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey Rami, any chance of changing your opinion of TG considering he thinks we are doing great on the field? Very silly of him to print this.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey Rami, any chance of changing your opinion of TG considering he thinks we are doing great on the field? Very silly of him to print this.
By the sounds of things, that letter was written about 2 months ago so to be fair I doubt it's what he's thinking now. and the idiots behind our media decided to print it off now without thinking how stupid it looks.

I think Greenburg has done a lot of good with our club. But I also think at the moment he's gone a bit overboard with the "good image" stuff. If you ask me, he'll learn from it and I have faith things will eventually change.

The bloke is only human afterall, yet people have labelled him as a God over the years (astaghfirallah). Past and present CEOs have done a lot worse.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it wasnt shiny, it would have at least been useful as toilet paper...
This club is in denial.. the silence is deafening

All the members want is a competitive football club and they have failed to deliver, all this success means SFA when attendences merchandise and member numbers start to drop

Success starts on the field

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
wouldnt surpirse me if membership is nowhere this total next year

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And Cheka that is what will happen if these performances continue and Moore remains as coach next year... its very simple if the board and CEO are not proactive in making changes to help bring onfield success they will feel the fury come election time next year

All bulldog fans are extremely disappointed with our results... and unlike teams of the past it has continued for 2 seasons

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I know its hard on all of us but patience. It will all come good next season and onwards...........hopefully

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the sounds of things, that letter was written about 2 months ago so to be fair I doubt it's what he's thinking now. and the idiots behind our media decided to print it off now without thinking how stupid it looks.

I think Greenburg has done a lot of good with our club. But I also think at the moment he's gone a bit overboard with the "good image" stuff. If you ask me, he'll learn from it and I have faith things will eventually change.

The bloke is only human afterall, yet people have labelled him as a God over the years (astaghfirallah). Past and present CEOs have done a lot worse.
He'd better learn fast or he'll be remembered as the CEO that phucked the Bulldogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand again all the hatred directed at Greenberg.

All or most uf us are so disappointed in the team because we know it has a fair bit of talent. The reason there are 100 sack Moore threads on here is because we're underachieved. The club has assembled good enough talent and Greenberg has constantly come out and put pressure on Moore and the players by saying "we're in a results driven business" and "we'll review Moore's position at the end of the year".

So, if Greenberg is going to sack Moore at the end of the year and has completely revamped the image of the club (which need I remind everyone was in the mud) while assembling a good roster of players, what more do you want from him? I'd really like to know.

And again, with all of this "we need ******s, drunken fools and trouble making d**kheads because that makes us tough" theory, again, how many people that fit into this category do Saints and Melbourne have?

People need a reality check and try to deal with losses a little better than by just blaming everyone and everything to do with the club. Sure, people are to blame and are at fault. But it only goes so far because our only problem is on field performances.

Next thing people will start up and want Arnie the Bulldog out and some Rotweiler in.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

All or most uf us are so disappointed in the team because we know it has a fair bit of talent. The reason there are 100 sack Moore threads on here is because we're underachieved. The club has assembled good enough talent and Greenberg has constantly come out and put pressure on Moore and the players by saying "we're in a results driven business" and "we'll review Moore's position at the end of the year".

So, if Greenberg is going to sack Moore at the end of the year and has completely revamped the image of the club (which need I remind everyone was in the mud) while assembling a good roster of players, what more do you want from him? I'd really like to know.

And again, with all of this "we need ******s, drunken fools and trouble making d**kheads because that makes us tough" theory, again, how many people that fit into this category do Saints and Melbourne have?

People need a reality check and try to deal with losses a little better than by just blaming everyone and everything to do with the club. Sure, people are to blame and are at fault. But it only goes so far because our only problem is on field performances.

Next thing people will start up and want Arnie the Bulldog out and some Rotweiler in.
Sacking the muppet at the end of the year is too late !
He should have been sacked at the end of last season but instead TG bought him the players he wanted and he still hasn't improved our position. Greenberg needs to protect his own credibility and sack the phuck

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

I think the people who are having a say about Greenberg aren't questioning his credentials or the job he has done so far.
With the way the team is playing ( and I don't mean losing but the overall attitude,structure and style) it's fair enough for fans to investigate the reasons why.

It's easy to blame Moore but then some selections have been taken out of his hands apparently which changes the direction of the finger pointing.

Greenberg may or may not be creating a culture that is getting away from the way we have been managed in the past but if he is then it deserves to be brought up. There are situations where someone has the skills but doesn't "fit".Is that the case or does he escape attention altogether? As CEO he can't.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sacking the muppet at the end of the year is too late !
He should have been sacked at the end of last season but instead TG bought him the players he wanted and he still hasn't improved our position. Greenberg needs to protect his own credibility and sack the phuck
It's not just up to Greenberg, it's up to the board. People keep forgetting this.

Another thing, most people want Moore sacked? Fair enough, I agree. People want Greenberg sacked because he appointed Moore and signed these players? Whatever. But where does it end? Do we want the board sacked because they appointed Greenberg, approved of Moore and most of the signings? Do we take the vote away from the members because they appointed the Chairmen who helps pick the board? Honestly, where does it end? You can't fire everyone.

The coach and the players are responsible for these terrible displays. It's hard to release 17 players from their contracts without going bankrupt. Two things need to happen: the players need to pull their fingers out one of these days and most people would agree that we need a new coach and change of direction as the signs have been concerning for quite some time now.

Everything else is just complete panic, overreaction and nonsense in my opinion.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just up to Greenberg, it's up to the board. People keep forgetting this.

Another thing, most people want Moore sacked? Fair enough, I agree. People want Greenberg sacked because he appointed Moore and signed these players? Whatever. But where does it end? Do we want the board sacked because they appointed Greenberg, approved of Moore and most of the signings? Do we take the vote away from the members because they appointed the Chairmen who helps pick the board? Honestly, where does it end? You can't fire everyone.

The coach and the players are responsible for these terrible displays. It's hard to release 17 players from their contracts without going bankrupt. Two things need to happen: the players need to pull their fingers out one of these days and most people would agree that we need a new coach and change of direction as the signs have been concerning for quite some time now.

Everything else is just complete panic, overreaction and nonsense in my opinion.
It's simple really, the club was founded as a Rugby League Club, it's aim is to win Rugby League premierships such as the NRL.
If the club is to do that they MUST get rid of Kevin Moore NOW.
You can split as many straws as you like, you can defend as many people as you like, it's not going to change the FACT that Moore can't coach at this level.
It's not panic and it's not overreaction, IT'S SHEER PHUCKEN FRUSTRATION !

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's simple really, the club was founded as a Rugby League Club, it's aim is to win Rugby League premierships such as the NRL.
If the club is to do that they MUST get rid of Kevin Moore NOW.
You can split as many straws as you like, you can defend as many people as you like, it's not going to change the FACT that Moore can't coach at this level.
It's not panic and it's not overreaction, IT'S SHEER PHUCKEN FRUSTRATION !
It's panic and overreaction to want to sack the CEo on top of the coach. I agree Moore should go and I would prefer it to be ASAP. I'm as frustrated and fed up as everyone else.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its very simple for me... If results do not change Dramatically I will give the board and Greenberg even more time till after the season has finished to replace the coach for 2012 .. but if performances continue and the coach is retained for next year then i and many other football club members will call for changes to theboard CEO for not acting in our interests

To me and many others the issue with this team is primarily coaching... Its up to the CEO and board to show leadership and make necessary changes

Unlike others i wont critise the board for appointing Moore, thats the way things have been done in this club for too long unfortunaTely, however it hasnt worked and change is needed for at least 2012 if it is not done this year

Status
Not open for further replies.