Other News Source Lafai oil

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can’t get a run in a mid season switch to avoid the spoon. As bad as our management is id say this is just blowass talking shit again.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who else do we have that can actually play centre?
1/ Hoppa
2/ ??????

R. Smith is a winger
Okunbour is a winger
DWZ is a winger
Meaney is a fullback

Morgan (an actual centre) left and went to Manly

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I'm so mad.

Got Reliable word that Tim Lafai has been tabled a one year deal @ 350 next year.

What why and how?

That's too much for old backup. I doubt anyone's fighting for his signature.
Ruined my day.

We only have cash for one marquee signing atm.
A much better option than Holland!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
reliable mail seems to be contradicted by fox commentators tonight saying he isnt being offered a contract

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Given what we have and what's on offer I don't think it's a terrible idea
I think with Cotric an unknown in the centres and only either a developing remis smith available for our centre pairing it can't hurt for 1 season
Arguably 350 is too much but is it more like 200 plus 150 incentives???
Lafai probably really needs a decent coach as well his days with see were a waste of his career and his days with Mary were abominable... an off season with a good attacking halves coach could see him get early ball and play a decent structure of footy
We need to show signs of being a top 8 team before we attract real centres and halves

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why offer him minimum wage though? Has he actually added anything in the time he's been here? Was he doing anything before coming here?

Personally I think the club rolled the dice to see how it would eventuate with him, but it's clear that he's not what we need. Thankfully the club only signed him up until the end of the year so we can let him go. Which we'll do.

I'd prefer to see the club spunk some money on Bird to play centre than this guy. More potential gain. Lafai was always a stop-gap, Bird could potentially be a massive signing.
Bird won't come to a cellar dwellers side
Give it next year and if we can jag top 8 we will have players from everywhere wanting to play with us

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Can’t get a run in a mid season switch to avoid the spoon. As bad as our management is id say this is just blowass talking shit again.
Yeah I still don't understand the logic behind that deal considering it cost us Harper in the process

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I still don't understand the logic behind that deal considering it cost us Harper in the process
Harper finally got his chance end of last season.He would of thought he would of had a spot starting this year. Pay decides to play Smith in the centres and Harper signed with Manly. We should of at least tried Harper over Holland, Montoya and Smith in the last two seasons. In the end, that is poor development from our end .

Lafai only arrived because we didn’t see a point in keeping Harper as he was leaving anyway (Worst move yet again).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Surely he could get a cheap contract at the Titans. They need a better option at right centre and he'd be a good cheap punt for them imo as only other options they have ATM are Tonomapeia and Copley.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Blowarse” is a classic term, one I use often.
Nasheed is just a fucking dumb **** troll.