SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This **** better not have done his shoulder again ffs

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He had an Mri on his shoulder tnyt
will have results tomorrow morning I guess.
its not a dislocation though maybe an ac joint inj

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Hmm I can see this happening now,
Vidot on the wing and Rona to the centres

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty certain if you watch the team victory song, you can see Lafai's shoulder with ice strapped to it.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the first year of marriage seems to turn blokes into lazy good for nothings

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Des now gets the easy way out with selections. He can conveniently move Mbye to centre when Hokko is back.

Balls.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tell you what, I am really getting over our injury toll already.............it's every year now!

On another note I think the NRL need to fast track a 18th man bench to replace these weak concussion rules, lose a player should have an 18th man to use.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest lafai has been shit this year anyway Im thinking loko will be brought up in a few weeks after having a few 80 min reserve grade games up his sleeve and could be a blessing for our team. Vidot on one wing with rona on the other would be great but we are stuck with perrett unless he retires or gets injured.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye was never going to take either of our starting halves jerseys barring injury, Des is just not that kind of coach guys, he's shown his colours many times over the last few years and love it or hate it that's what he's like.

I have every confidence hodkinson will benefit from this origin series and regain his confidence. Retaining his position would have been a huge boost in itself, couple that with the way every person speaks of him being the general in the team, taking control of video sessions, his calm nature and how it rubs off on everyone, I really think this change of environment is exactly what he needed to remind himself he is a leader.

As long as his knees keep improving I truly think he'll regain last years form, whether or not that's good enough for all on here is another matter but I was very happy with him at the back end of last year.

The structures we play are Des' doing, our mundane attacking moves, low risk kicks, no line speed, that's all part of des' game management and fatigue management.

I agree that it's a borring brand of football but when we have our full roster on the field again I believe it will allow us to grind for 60 and blow them away in the back end of games, that's what I feel Des is trying to achieve. He can't be held accountable for our injury and suspension tolls this year, but it's early days and we're going to come out the back end and make a run, just you wait and see fellas.

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Without Laf the backline will be like this :-

1 B Moz
2 Rona
3 MBye
4 J Moz
5 Perrett / Phillips/ Thompson
6 Reynolds
7 Hodkinson

Personally I'd like to see

1. BMoz
2. Rona
3. Stanley
4. JMoz
5. Phillips over Perrett (boring but safe as houses)
6. Reynolds
7. MBye

Hodko to bench for one of the 4 bench props (we have Graham & Tolman who play 60 mins anyway). Bring him on in the last 10 mins end of each half for TRex (Hodko is a better defender than TRex and could play dummy half to allow MBye ; Reynolds + Lichaa to run organise attack).

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Pretty sure he some serious injuries before coming into our first grade side. Shoulders too from memory. Maybe he's another Stanley. Poor bloke. Seems like a nice fella and I like his hairstyles

A

Alexander the Great

Are we not supposed to have the state of art training and recovery facilities??i feel like our injuries have sky rocketed through the roof the last 2 to 3 years.
Dafq.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des now gets the easy way out with selections. He can conveniently move Mbye to centre when Hokko is back.

Balls.
If Hasler had any balls he would put Loko in as centre and leave Mbye at 7 and Reynolds at 6.

IMO Hodkinson has three options: NSW Cup, rehab or retirement. If he was fair dinkum it would be retirement.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Love Lafai but he has been awfully cumbersome in attack compared to last year and is most likely trying to protect his chalky bones. I'd be tempted to give Loko a start if he has served his punishment and is playing well enough. I think we need a powerful Centre to replace Lafai who can run hard lines and intimidate

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't mind this. I would rather stick Mbye in their for development.

Lafai has been bog average in the handful of games this year, and tbh, only played OKAY some games last year

Status
Not open for further replies.