Ladder Predictor on NRL.com (We Finish 8th or Miss the 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
If we do make the 8, and its a big if, we will only be making up the numbers. Without Pritchard and with Lafai a passenger we are not a top 4 team and teams in the top 4 usually win the GF. i watched the Roosters game a couple of times and they handled us pretty easily. Yes we had a few moments but when they went into top gear in the 2nd half they blew us away.

We have plenty of excuses with injuries and suspensions but it is also clear that we have no game breakers in our team, particularly in our back line. Yes the Morris twins are good but not great. When we won comps in the past we always had at least one game breaker eg Lamb, Mortimer, SBW the exception I guess was the "entertainers" but they were definitely an exception.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Is Frank Pritchard ruled out for the rest of the year or just a couple of weeks?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it wouldnt surprise me if we missed out on the finals, there have been games that we should have won but the team didnt turn up to play, we have a poor style of play and very little respect for the ball, we give away far to many dumb penalties (inside the 10, laying on players, markers not square)

to me des is sitting back just going through the motions, why are we not playing good structured play like the roosters and rabbits, why are we still playing as a rabble

if we make the 8 it will be through good luck, not by good play

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
7th or 8th but if we do lose to broncos and Souths we will NOT make the top 8 and don't deserve to . Will this be Hasler first year to not make finals since he started coaching in 2004
Doesn't matter if we make it, we will be kicked out first week.

We have a top 4 roster on paper who perform like a bottom 4 roster on the field.

Paper means f*** all tbh.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still think 26 points on % will sneak into 8 th

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How the **** are we still in the 8 ? Surely our guys can have a go and win from here on

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the **** are we still in the 8 ? Surely our guys can have a go and win from here on
Everyone spouts a close comp is a good comp but this year football is disgusting. I can barely sit through a game

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
We may or may not get into the 8. What is clear is that this is not our year. We just haven't had the troops on the field long enough. Positives to come out of the year though:

1. Lichaa will be a year older next year

2. Shaun Lane looks to be something special

3. Jackson has improved out of sight

4. Kasiano has become a legend

5. Klemmer will be a year older

6. Mbye grows better almost every game

7. Hodkinson will be gone

8. Some of our deadwood backs will be gone

9. BMoz is a sensational attacking fullback

10. Rona is a sensation

Not at all bad.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
It is still possible to make 4th. At least when I do the ladder predictor it is. I don't think I ever actually believe we are going to lose until we do. Have faith. So many negative fans on this forum. Sheesh!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
well obviously there are alot of variables involved, if you have us winning every game then yes we are a chance, but the results need to fall our way and i cant see us doing that TBH
That's fair enough but I'm saying mathematically we can still pull it off. Now go flame Marley. ;)

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Want a cows win tonight

Manly look like they can cause a few upsets

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the ladder predicto I have us finishing fifth with the only game we lose is against rabbits I have sharks in top four and rabbits down to sixth with there difficult last few games where they have us Broncs cows and roosters and I also have dragqueens in 7th due to their easy road to the finals and melbourne 8th with Cowboys as minor premiers and roosters second and gronks third

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still think we finish 8 th spot on 28 or 30 points
I think we play rabbit or shark in the first week
Our shitty F & A will hold us back
I originally thought we would play the storms but the Sharks will finish above then for sure

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I originally thought we would play the storms but the Sharks will finish above then for sure
Yep that's about the best i think we can do. 3 of the 4 teams we face, we have piss poor records against.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks will be top four considering how hard the rabbits last few games are an

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manly are going to be in the 8.

It's who misses out, us or the dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.