Lachlan Lewis vs Kieran Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shit.. Maybe we should get Moses back then we can have a halves combination of Mbye and Cogger :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I fail to see the humour in this. Marley is right. Foran offered nothing to our side this year, and even Mbye offered more the time he was there. Cogger will be in the halves with Lewis and deservedly so. We are a better team without Foran, Mbye, and Woods. Simple.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am assuming by 'try contributions' you mean try assists? I won't bother doing work for you but go have a look at Mbye's try assist count for the season while he was with us and compare to Foran.
My bad, meant total try involvements rather than try contributions or assists. Also take into consideration other attacking stats and Foran wasn't ahead of Moses. Frawley actually topped all of them at the time in terms of pure points generated through his plays.

Also use the eye test, how many times was Moses stuck closing out the set with a kick or up in first receiver in attack while Foran chilled out wide doing fuck all? Fairly often.

You can put forward whatever argument or excuses and that still won't change the fact that Foran was seriously limited by his body rather than the quality around him. His possessions were down, he was a huge defensive liability and with the ball in hand he wasn't our most threatening player. The fact that a rookie half is completely outplaying our multimillion dollar half is enough to say something is wrong. Even throw in the fact that Jackson is currently looking far more threatening running those short side plays Foran loves is also a huge concern.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hid ing? How could he be hiding if he had 28% more possessions than Foran? Furthermore he played with 4 different half combinations and in both the halfback and 5/8 positions, on both sides on the field during his 11 games, versus Forans 2 partnerings and left side of the field only. Add the fact that Foran will be chewing up 11% of our salary cap and Cogger 1% next season and then tell me that Foran is better than Cogger.

I still don't see a valid argument from you. Perhaps its time you start blaming the coach, structures and players around Foran for his own failings.
Getting snippy are we Hot dog??? Well who told you to be yourself couldn’t have given you any worse advice and any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental. And since you have your panties in a bunch over Foran taking up 11% of our salary cap, blame the genius that signed him to the contract not the player. The rest of your post is utter nonsense.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kieran Foran:

Games= 12
Win %= 25%
Tries= 1
Possessions PG= 39.8
Try Assists= 6
Kick Metres PG= 174.2
Tackles PG= 23
Tackle Efficiency= 83.6%
Run Metres PG=61.7

Jack Cogger:

Games= 11
Win %= 27%
Tries= 1
Possessions PG= 51
Try Assists= 5
Kick Metres PG= 180
Tackles PG= 18
Tackle Efficiency= 86.4%
Run Metres PG=56.4

Add to this 6 line break assists and 2 forced drop outs and yes I would say he is currently a better player than Foran. Perhaps you can back up your comment with information to prove your point.

Remember Cogger played most of his games as second fiddle to Pearce, Watson, and Ponga, whereas Foran was supposedly our dominant half.

You're only as good as your last season.
I'm not going to get into this debate on who is better, because I think they are both shit, who's more shitter? I don't know.
But I just want to make a point regarding stats. Stats don't tell you everything. I'm sure Foran's stats would have been better if you put him in a knights jersey for the first 12 games of the year and Cogger's stats would have been worse if you put him in the dogs team for the first 11 rounds. We absolutley sucked for the first 11 rounds.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not going to get into this debate on who is better, because I think they are both shit, who's more shitter? I don't know.
But I just want to make a point regarding stats. Stats don't tell you everything. I'm sure Foran's stats would have been better if you put him in a knights jersey for the first 12 games of the year and Cogger's stats would have been worse if you put him in the dogs team for the first 11 rounds. We absolutley sucked for the first 11 rounds.
I agree totally!!!! :grinning: But some just want to turn this into a dick measuring competition.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How can you be sure? What evidence do you have to back up your statement?

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Getting snippy are we Hot dog??? Well who told you to be yourself couldn’t have given you any worse advice and any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental. And since you have your panties in a bunch over Foran taking up 11% of our salary cap, blame the genius that signed him to the contract not the player. The rest of your post is utter nonsense.
Not at all snippy mate. I am using stats to back up my point and yet all you do is rubbish it with no substance behind your argument. I am happy to debate the point and actually would like to understand your perspective, however you are providing no evidence to back it up.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran is broken, and for that reason all the mentioned halves are better than him.

A fit Foran is streets better than any half playing with us or signed with us. Problem is we will never see a "fit" Foran.

Tbh dud signing, gutted to say for me as he plays or used to play the game tough as fuck and for that reason was one of my favorite players.

Malla

Reaction score
My bad, meant total try involvements rather than try contributions or assists. Also take into consideration other attacking stats and Foran wasn't ahead of Moses. Frawley actually topped all of them at the time in terms of pure points generated through his plays.

Also use the eye test, how many times was Moses stuck closing out the set with a kick or up in first receiver in attack while Foran chilled out wide doing fuck all? Fairly often.

You can put forward whatever argument or excuses and that still won't change the fact that Foran was seriously limited by his body rather than the quality around him. His possessions were down, he was a huge defensive liability and with the ball in hand he wasn't our most threatening player. The fact that a rookie half is completely outplaying our multimillion dollar half is enough to say something is wrong. Even throw in the fact that Jackson is currently looking far more threatening running those short side plays Foran loves is also a huge concern.
I see your side of the argument... I don't disagree as you do make valid points, however me personally I do not rate Mbye one bit. Tremendous athlete but a dud of a footballer who couldn't run a bath let alone run a footy team to be a key contributer.

The 'rookie' half is just that good mate.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see your side of the argument... I don't disagree as you do make valid points, however me personally I do not rate Mbye one bit. Tremendous athlete but a dud of a footballer who couldn't run a bath let alone run a footy team to be a key contributer.

I agree with your Mbye comments, amazing ability, strength, speed , the list goes on.

But also is lazy and has zero game awareness or just simply doesn't care ??.. hard to work out sometimes which one it is ??

Malla

Reaction score
I agree with your Mbye comments, amazing ability, strength, speed , the list goes on.

But also is lazy and has zero game awareness or just simply doesn't care ??.. hard to work out sometimes which one it is ??
I wouldn't say he is lazy but he just is not a footballer. No feel for the game. Honestly was garbage at fullback other then his kick returns running at a broken defensive line (athleticism, speed, agility) he was useless. He is a poor mans Ben Roberts yet he managed to sign a multi million dollar deal so good on him.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can you be sure? What evidence do you have to back up your statement?
You remind me of my English teacher at school. Ok, just for you I'm going to change the words I'm sure with the words I think:

I think Foran's stats would have been better if you put him in a knights jersey.........

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but it has now become a thought, which means I don't necessarily need evidence to back up my statement. True?

Otherwise if that's not true, then I think Vlasnik is right, this may be turning into a dick measuring contest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Doesn't matter what you think of Mbye, it was just a comparison of the output of two players.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You remind me of my English teacher at school. Ok, just for you I'm going to change the words I'm sure with the words I think:

I think Foran's stats would have been better if you put him in a knights jersey.........

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but it has now become a thought, which means I don't necessarily need evidence to back up my statement. True?

Otherwise if that's not true, then I think Vlasnik is right, this may be turning into a dick measuring contest.
Mate you are entitled to your opinion, as we all are. All good.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say he is lazy but he just is not a footballer. No feel for the game. Honestly was garbage at fullback other then his kick returns running at a broken defensive line (athleticism, speed, agility) he was useless. He is a poor mans Ben Roberts yet he managed to sign a multi million dollar deal so good on him.
I'm not sure I ever seen him back up an offload .. that is a Halves/Fullbacks bread and butter.. if a player doesn't even attempt to back up, it can only be described as lazy.. I think Cleary thought he could coach it into him... he'll soon realise

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a fucken load of shit

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a fucken load of shit
In a team sport individual stats don't tell you the whole story about a player.

For example, if you got shit forwards that don't make meters, how on earth are you going to force a drop out if your team doesn't get you to the opponents red zone that often.

Another example, if your edge backrowers are not running good lines, how are you gonna put them through a hole, to get your potential try assist.

If Holland doesn't run onto that ball with intent at a slight angle, then Lichaa doesn't get that try assist against the tigers about a month ago.

So if the knights were playing better than us(the team as a whole) for the first 10 or so rounds, you don't think that it may contribute or influence a playmaker's stats?

Read my original post, I didn't say stats don't tell you anything, I said stats don't tell you everything. There's a difference there.

If you can't see that, then I suggest you concentrate on D.C United Wayne.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In a team sport individual stats don't tell you the whole story about a player.

For example, if you got shit forwards that don't make meters, how on earth are you going to force a drop out if your team doesn't get you to the opponents red zone that often.

Another example, if your edge backrowers are not running good lines, how are you gonna put them through a hole, to get your potential try assist.

If Holland doesn't run onto that ball with intent at a slight angle, then Lichaa doesn't get that try assist against the tigers about a month ago.

So if the knights were playing better than us(the team as a whole) for the first 10 or so rounds, you don't think that it may contribute or influence a playmaker's stats?

Read my original post, I didn't say stats don't tell you anything, I said stats don't tell you everything. There's a difference there.

If you can't see that, then I suggest you concentrate on D.C United Wayne.
http://www.supercoach.com.au

Go for your life simpleton

Status
Not open for further replies.