Lachlan Lewis vs Kieran Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if the reported money that Foran is on is in fact true, then IMO it is certainly the clubs worse signing in their history..

I really hope he can rediscover some of the form that saw him help take Manly to a premiership.. But unfortunately I have serious doubts that it is even possible...

Malla

Reaction score
Heaps of responsibility was on Foran in the halves and he couldn't cope. Not only that, he had a fullback with absolutely no clue. Have said this many times but Lewis will make footy a lot easier for Foran - together they should form an excellent combination.

Foran at 50% with half a hamstring is still 20 times better than Frawley and JMK combined so we will be sweet.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Heaps of responsibility was on Foran in the halves and he couldn't cope. Not only that, he had a fullback with absolutely no clue. Have said this many times but Lewis will make footy a lot easier for Foran - together they should form an excellent combination.

Foran at 50% with half a hamstring is still 20 times better than Frawley and JMK combined so we will be sweet.
Frawley wont be re-signed and JMK is on $100k a year so hardly worth mentioning. Cogger will be better than Foran at 50% and he is also on minimum coin. I personally prefer Cogger on minimum coin and the leftover $900k a year being spent on a hooker and/or Rockstar fullback (if available)

Malla

Reaction score
Frawley wont be re-signed and JMK is on $100k a year so hardly worth mentioning. Cogger will be better than Foran at 50% and he is also on minimum coin. I personally prefer Cogger on minimum coin and the leftover $900k a year being spent on a hooker and/or Rockstar fullback (if available)
I made that point because Lewis has been winning with those 2 muppets in the halves. I agree with you that Cogger is >> than Foran but if the worst we can get is Foran then we will be all good.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger better than Foran.. now I've heard everything

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger!!! Please get your hands off it the ****'s not even ready for First Grade if he was the Knights wouldn't be playing Ponga in the halves.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cogger better than Foran.. now I've heard everything
Kieran Foran:

Games= 12
Win %= 25%
Tries= 1
Possessions PG= 39.8
Try Assists= 6
Kick Metres PG= 174.2
Tackles PG= 23
Tackle Efficiency= 83.6%
Run Metres PG=61.7

Jack Cogger:

Games= 11
Win %= 27%
Tries= 1
Possessions PG= 51
Try Assists= 5
Kick Metres PG= 180
Tackles PG= 18
Tackle Efficiency= 86.4%
Run Metres PG=56.4

Add to this 6 line break assists and 2 forced drop outs and yes I would say he is currently a better player than Foran. Perhaps you can back up your comment with information to prove your point.

Remember Cogger played most of his games as second fiddle to Pearce, Watson, and Ponga, whereas Foran was supposedly our dominant half.

You're only as good as your last season.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember Cogger played most of his games as second fiddle to Pearce said:
whereas Foran was supposedly our dominant half.[/B]

You're only as good as your last season.
Which made Foran the Sole target for the opposition, easy pickings.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Which made Foran the Sole target for the opposition, easy pickings.
And this explains less possessions, kick metres, tackle efficiency how? Remember you are comparing a 10 year NRL veteran to a first year Rookie.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because when he came to us he was playing injured for the warriors and didn't have enough time to fully recover but now hes got his surgery done and has enough time to full prepare for next season and be the fittest he can be without any disruptions. You act like hes the only player in the Nrl that plays fucking busted. In a comp like nrl players are busted every week and still back up.
He's ALWAYS playing injured, that's the point. Yes other players do the same, but it's no where near the extent of him and is manageable. The bloke can't even sit down in a car for an extended amount of time without pain, he struggles to get out of bed at night, etc.

When was the last time this bloke looked fit for an extended amount of time? He's also already had extended lay offs previously, for example he didn't play an NRL game for over 300 days between his stint at Parra and the Warriors, yet the bloke was busted during his entire stint with the Warriors.

He flopped at Parra, He flopped at the Warriors and is currently flopping and will continue to flop with us. The bloke is done and nothing will change it, relying on him to get through and NRL campaign is absolutely crazy. He should retire, plenty of younger players have been forced into retirement despite there age.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yet this fullback that apparently had no clue contributed more try contributions than Foran at the time. Just laughable. Foran couldn't even do his fucking job and Moses was stuck attempting to do his ffs, just pure shit that excuse you put up.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And this explains less possessions, kick metres, tackle efficiency how? Remember you are comparing a 10 year NRL veteran to a first year Rookie.
And still a veteran playing on one leg being targeted every week by the opposition as our main strike player at his lowest point out plays a healthy rookie with two good legs while hiding behind Pearce, Watson, and Ponga. Go figure. Get Foran some decent backup like he will have in Lewis then we shall compare.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And still a veteran playing on one leg being targeted every week by the opposition as our main strike player at his lowest point out plays a healthy rookie with two good legs while hiding behind Pearce, Watson, and Ponga. Go figure. Get Foran some decent backup like he will have in Lewis then we shall compare.
actually you are wrong there, Cogger has needed surgery for most of the season but has put it off, because he doesn't want to let his team down ..

Malla

Reaction score
Yet this fullback that apparently had no clue contributed more try contributions than Foran at the time. Just laughable. Foran couldn't even do his fucking job and Moses was stuck attempting to do his ffs, just pure shit that excuse you put up.
'contributed more try contributions'

k

Malla

Reaction score
Exactly, you have no counter.
I am assuming by 'try contributions' you mean try assists? I won't bother doing work for you but go have a look at Mbye's try assist count for the season while he was with us and compare to Foran.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit.. Maybe we should get Moses back then we can have a halves combination of Mbye and Cogger :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hiding? How could he be hiding if he had 28% more possessions than Foran? Furthermore he played with 4 different half combinations and in both the halfback and 5/8 positions, on both sides on the field during his 11 games, versus Forans 2 partnerings and left side of the field only. Add the fact that Foran will be chewing up 11% of our salary cap and Cogger 1% next season and then tell me that Foran is better than Cogger.

I still don't see a valid argument from you. Perhaps its time you start blaming the coach, structures and players around Foran for his own failings.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it really difficult to compare Cogger/Foran and who would be the better partner for Lewis next year.
These players are at completely different stages in there careers
Assuming Pay has a so called healthy Foran starting 2019,all eyes and pressure will be on him because I think it’s the last chance to come good.
Any injuries or poor form will see Cogger promoted into the top grade.
Deans own future and Our current board will come under scrutiny next year if we don’t show improvement
Can’t see any player given special treatment with what’s on the line.
All players must show their worth in wearing the great Bulldogs Jersey
Anyway time will tell,bring on 2019
I personally think we will surprise a lot of teams next year,just my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.