Lachlan Lewis v Josh Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very similar type players. I am basing it off what i have seen Lachlan play a few games. He is still young and raw and will get better, but from what i have seen, here are a few things.

Both rely on that energy/passion.

Both have very average kicking games and what is frightning is they both dont look like natural kickers. That is when they kick, both of there styles look very akward.

Both dont really have natural flare in attack. Josh has a really good step and acceleration off the mark. Josh also developed an ok pass.

Where Lachlan is far far far far different is in defense. His technique is awesome and is very very sound in defense.

I know Lachlan is very young, but i see alot of similarities between the 2 in terms of what they can bring to a team, especially on offense.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lewis > Day > Night > Reynolds.

Reynolds just used to jink around and go gung ho into everything without any real plan or reading of the game.

Lewis on the other hand reads the game VERY well, and plays on instinct. His kicking game is excellent too, but I'm sure he's been told to work on the small things first.

Defensively brilliant. Matalino drilled him tonight and he hops straight up.

To me Lewis comes across as someone who plays because he just loves playing footy, rather than for a lofty pay cheque.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They do have some similar traits. Both high intensity and ultra competitive and want to be involved in the game. Both also overhyped on TK lol.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very similar type players. I am basing it off what i have seen Lachlan play a few games. He is still young and raw and will get better, but from what i have seen, here are a few things.

Both rely on that energy/passion.

Both have very average kicking games and what is frightning is they both dont look like natural kickers. That is when they kick, both of there styles look very akward.

Both dont really have natural flare in attack. Josh has a really good step and acceleration off the mark. Josh also developed an ok pass.

Where Lachlan is far far far far different is in defense. His technique is awesome and is very very sound in defense.

I know Lachlan is very young, but i see alot of similarities between the 2 in terms of what they can bring to a team, especially on offense.
Both very tough & very passionate, I still can't believe how Lewis popped straight back up after that hit from Matalino, ( witch I Believe was deliberate & part of the tigers game plan ) not only did he get up but he kept on tackling everything that moved he was everywhere, the kid just plays on adrenaline, he was very impressive & and will keep on improving. The will to win is imbedded in the Lewis name & genes.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Always said Lewy would be a good player an develop nicely and we are starting to see signs of that each game! Will be a lot better for it come next year with these games under his belt in fg.

Great kid, goes very well.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis > Day > Night > Reynolds.

Reynolds just used to jink around and go gung ho into everything without any real plan or reading of the game.

Lewis on the other hand reads the game VERY well, and plays on instinct. His kicking game is excellent too, but I'm sure he's been told to work on the small things first.

Defensively brilliant. Matalino drilled him tonight and he hops straight up.

To me Lewis comes across as someone who plays because he just loves playing footy, rather than for a lofty pay cheque.
That's amazing.
Are you saying in the modern game there's someone just happy to be given a go at first grade and enjoy playing footy? That sounds so pre-1996

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I look at Lewis more as a young Keiran Foran.

Wait until this kid has a legit half-back next to him. He could be anything with the attitude he brings.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis kicks well imo, had Tigers playing from where we wanted almost all game last night.. just needs to put those bombs closer to the try line, but that will come... defensively he is like a more effective Thurston in regards to the way he pops up where he needs to be in key moments and never gives up on a play.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lachlans defence is top notch. Tiges tried to isolate him and he stood firm all night.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching Lewis in the ISP had a great kicking game , has a lot off potential to be the kicker we need .

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why do we need to compare this kid to anyone
I think his coped it all his life being compared
Let’s just sit back and enjoy because he is

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They do have some similar traits. Both high intensity and ultra competitive and want to be involved in the game. Both also overhyped on TK lol.
I bet you'd be the person to tell your kids Santa Claus isn't real also....:yum:

To be fair, we haven't had a lot of players to get excited about/overhype for some time....let us have some positive moments for a few games at least....

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I bet you'd be the person to tell your kids Santa Claus isn't real also....:yum:

To be fair, we haven't had a lot of players to get excited about/overhype for some time....let us have some positive moments for a few games at least....
Yup!!! An we not on the bottom of the table , so another positive to go with tonight’s victory.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say that Lewis is more like young Foran. Strong defence and decent organisational skills coupled with good vision for opportunity, but he doesn't have the explosive broken play skills of Reynolds that would sometimes win you the game from nothing. He also doesn't have the explosive brain snaps that would lose you the game from nothing.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I don't seem them similar players.
Lewis has a long way to go but is showing good signs, what is he 4 games into his NRL career.
what I like about Lewis is his long kicking game which will only get better.
I see Lewis developing more like a Mitchell Pearce but with better defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.