Lachlan Lewis v Josh Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I have seen of Lachlan, all I can say why has he not been in first grade all year.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There is no comparison between these two. 2 totally different players with different attitudes and abilities and style of play.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to some of my female acquaintances, Lewis is in the same boat with Holland

"Apparently" its Holland's eyes vs Lewis' smile
If only we still had kasiano smiling with his hungry eyes. We'd be the prettiest team.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very similar type players. I am basing it off what i have seen Lachlan play a few games. He is still young and raw and will get better, but from what i have seen, here are a few things.

Both rely on that energy/passion.

Both have very average kicking games and what is frightning is they both dont look like natural kickers. That is when they kick, both of there styles look very akward.

Both dont really have natural flare in attack. Josh has a really good step and acceleration off the mark. Josh also developed an ok pass.

Where Lachlan is far far far far different is in defense. His technique is awesome and is very very sound in defense.

I know Lachlan is very young, but i see alot of similarities between the 2 in terms of what they can bring to a team, especially on offense.
If they’re very similar that’s a big worry... my gosh you are making it out as if it’s a compliment that they’re similar

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no comparison between these two. 2 totally different players with different attitudes and abilities and style of play.
Only comparison is they’re both average at best

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds had a bit too much mongrel in him - gave away penalties and put us under pressure. OK, the opposition sometimes didn't know what he'd do next, but neither did our side. Lewis has a good kicking game, that needs a bit of fine tuning, and he has more self control. We need self control when things get tough - no point gifting penalties and field position after the rest of the team have tackled their hearts out.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I see Lewis gives the team is more balance in the halves. Foran does not have a long kicking game, he will occasionally put in a bomb or grubber but really does not get involved in kicking for field position. I was hoping that when we signed Cogger he would have brought along that along. WHat I have seen from Cogger though is, that he too does not have a long kicking game.

Lewis brings it, whether he is alongside Foran or Cogger next year we will have a more balanced team. Early games this year Mbye was having to get involved out the back putting kicks in. This affected our structures and his running game.

I see that Lewis will be the first half picked next year, his partner will depend on what happens in the pre season

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds was very good for us, I think people forget a bit
He would turn nothing into something with just Plain determination
Yes he wasn't the most gifted half but had a big heart
Lewis has been very good, very impressed with him
For me it's comparing apples and oranges....
Excited for young Lewis
I think at this stage it's prolly him n Foran our halfs next year
Jmk not in my 17 unfortunately

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
The sad reality is that a generation of fans will grow up thinking Reynolds is the best player they have seen play

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis big time and getting better and better

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His become a no go zone... Having two halves that can defend is definitely a pleasure to see.
Yeah man its handy hey. Hopefully the club brings in a real good halfs coach for the off season. How well does cogger defend anyone ? I know we need attack desparately as well but if one or 2 come good for us it will be comforting knowing they can defend.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very similar type players. I am basing it off what i have seen Lachlan play a few games. He is still young and raw and will get better, but from what i have seen, here are a few things.

Both rely on that energy/passion.

Both have very average kicking games and what is frightning is they both dont look like natural kickers. That is when they kick, both of there styles look very akward.

Both dont really have natural flare in attack. Josh has a really good step and acceleration off the mark. Josh also developed an ok pass.

Where Lachlan is far far far far different is in defense. His technique is awesome and is very very sound in defense.

I know Lachlan is very young, but i see alot of similarities between the 2 in terms of what they can bring to a team, especially on offense.
Mate there no where near the same Lewis has a great kicking game fantastic technique in tackling he just dosnt take the line on at the moment. The other bloke has no kicking game at all he just has more energy and throws him self in the line and he is are raging lunatic and grubb and unpredictable fwd passes trips brain explosions. Where Lewis is very calm.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with you.. I think in time we all see how good lewis will be and will take a plunge here and say he will be a rep player unfortunately for Queensland, but think he will be a player a lot of dogs supporters have been waiting for. An idol they can go to the games to watch. Been a while since we had one.
Lewis/ponga combo for qld mmmmmmmm yeah baby

Status
Not open for further replies.