Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jt was very skinny and tough like this bloke when he started if he develops his skills who knows

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pressure on Lachlan Lewis, nephew of the 'King', to secure spot with Canterbury Bulldogs
By Steve Zemek
14 hours ago

He's the nephew of the Emperor of Lang Park and he's out to secure his spot at Belmore.

Canterbury playmaker Lachlan Lewis is determined to step out of the long shadow of his uncle, Immortal Wally Lewis - and earn a new NRL contract in the process.

The 21-year-old made his debut in last week's pressure-relieving win over Newcastle after coming in for injured marquee man Kieran Foran. Since entering the NRL system eight years ago, most of the focus has centred around his relation to the former Brisbane, Queensland and Australian skipper.

While Lewis wants to be his own man, and his achievements spoken about in their own rights, he takes the constant comparisons in his stride.

Asked if he was sick of hearing his uncles' name muttered in the same breath as his, Lewis said: "He's just family, he's my uncle.

"Footballing-wise he doesn't really get too involved. The four brothers they played football and they all pitch in when they want to and add their two cents.

"No one gets too emotional with it.

"You know what, it was more Lincoln Lewis when I was in Brisbane - it was more the Home and Away rise to fame. I copped that during school."

Lewis was signed to a development deal with Canberra as a 13-year-old and came up through the ranks.

Ahead of Saturday's showdown with the Raiders, he emphasised it was his decision to leave the nation's capital and he owed a lot of his development to the club.

With his path into first-grade seemingly blocked, he moved to Canterbury for an opportunity.

He is off-contract at the end of the season and with Foran and Jeremy Marshall-King on contract and Jack Cogger arriving from Newcastle next year, he now faces another battle for his future.

"I'm still buzzing off the high of playing," Lewis said.

"Focusing in on the next nine weeks, I want to establish a hold here.

"I'm off contract. That's a big focus for me, to move forward and put my best foot forward. I'm just hoping to have a good nine, solid games."

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay f@ck your Blues bias and sign this kid. Pronto!!!
correct me if I'm wrong but given he signed to a Raiders development contract at 13 that makes him a Blue. I know there is a "family allowance" but he isn't a son he is a nephew so it will be interesting to see if he ever gets good enough which way he goes.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
correct me if I'm wrong but given he signed to a Raiders development contract at 13 that makes him a Blue. I know there is a "family allowance" but he isn't a son he is a nephew so it will be interesting to see if he ever gets good enough which way he goes.
How does it work with ACT? It’s not NSW

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay f@ck your Blues bias and sign this kid. Pronto!!!
I hope his already signed and there keeping it quiet. although he did say recently his off contract. He has already proven himself as far as i am concerned, if there waiting for him to prove himself even more there making a big mistake. all that will do is convince others to sign him. he will get snapped up before you know it. Be pissed off if his not signed.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters will probably throw a few million a season at him (now that Fergo is gone).

Lewis was born in Brisbane, played most of his junior footy in Qld, before being signed age 13 to Raiders.

Due to the majority rule, if he plays SOO it'll be for Qld.
https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/documents/state-of-origin-eligibility-rules.pdf

View attachment 6420
It really doesn't matter if his first game or the majority of Lachy's games were played up at the North Pole for example, as far as the maroons are concerned demographically that's in Queensland.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter if his first game or the majority of Lachy's games were played up at the North Pole for example, as far as the maroons are concerned demographically that's in Queensland.
Let me check the Qld Origin Eligibility Map again...

upload_2018-7-5_13-45-25.png

Yep he's a Qlder..

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Look up in the top left corner of the origin eligibility rules....
"It is important to note if you have played Origin at U18, U20 or Senior Origin, your State of eligibility is confirmed. These new rules are applicable from December 2012. "

I don't believe that Lewis has ever played Origin before (at an age), nor represented a state.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"It is important to note if you have played Origin at U18, U20 or Senior Origin, your State of eligibility is confirmed. These new rules are applicable from December 2012. "

I don't believe that Lewis has ever played Origin before (at an age), nor represented a state.
Played Qld 16 , 18, 20
Will never play for NSW

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knowing pay hell let him go and be happy with foran/cogger next year fmd

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

should rewatch the video links you posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.