Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Moey Do you see it yet? Did you see what this guy u reckon has NFI was on about for the last 3 years.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bra watch the game again and watch the kid closely... star in the making and wouldn't be surprised if his modelled his game around Thurston.
Have we learnt nothing on here from the previous overreactions to mbye, frawley and even jmk early in the year? Let the kid at least get 5-10 games in before we start putting pressure on him and comparing him to all time greats

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have we learnt nothing on here from the previous overreactions to mbye, frawley and even jmk early in the year? Let the kid at least get 5-10 games in before we start putting pressure on him and comparing him to all time greats
Never rated Mbye, Frawkey was always garbage and JMK is nothing but a utility to me... So your talking to the wrong guy Macz.

I rated Lewis from his first game when Hasler signed him mid-year a few years back. Kids playing the same way he did back then, his a gooden.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol exactly. His performance has clearly been over hyped on here. So many posters praise players and then shit on them as soon as they fail to live up to the unrealistic level of expectation they put on them.

It was a good debut and he was really good defensively with a couple of nice kicks, but with the ball in hand he did very little. Our left edge was basically non existent and everything went through the middle and our right edge. He would have been lucky to handle the ball 20 odd times and i don't even remember him being involved in any of our scoring plays.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honest question but given Foran’s body and mental issues do you really expect him to play?
Its 9 months between now and rd 1 next year. I seriously dont see him retiring no other club will touch him either we stuck with him. If I was Pay id tell the entire squad including Foran all positions are up for grabs. Only the twins if resigned plus Klemmer Jackson RFM are guaranteed spots.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s actually not a bad side
Its almost the same side as yesterday. Expect ive dropped Eastwood Lichaa and Montoya. Replaced them with Foran Jmoz RFM. While started Brown at hooker. Id prefer to have Corey Norman at 6 but we are stuck with Foran.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best thing about Lewis is his gritty determination as evidenced by his defence which has been outstanding this year. He hasn't been a standout in attack but he puts in with enthusiasm and a reasonable kicking game.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Love his defence, copy book tackling. Attack will will come the more comfortable he gets with game time.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol exactly. His performance has clearly been over hyped on here. So many posters praise players and then shit on them as soon as they fail to live up to the unrealistic level of expectation they put on them.

It was a good debut and he was really good defensively with a couple of nice kicks, but with the ball in hand he did very little. Our left edge was basically non existent and everything went through the middle and our right edge. He would have been lucky to handle the ball 20 odd times and i don't even remember him being involved in any of our scoring plays.
That was by design. It’s his first game, pay would have told him to not over play his hand and to make his tackles. Let jmk do the bulk of the work. It’ll change as the year goes on, and I suspect he will become more dominant.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That was by design. It’s his first game, pay would have told him to not over play his hand and to make his tackles. Let jmk do the bulk of the work. It’ll change as the year goes on, and I suspect he will become more dominant.
Never said it wasn't, just saying people are over hyping him and praising him for things that weren't really on display last night.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Being at the game I was very impressed with his vision. It has been stated on here that his side didn’t come up with any tries that’s true but why would you change attacking to the left when we scored 6 times on the right

I expect in a month he will be in total control of this team

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Debutant playmaker Lachlan Lewis provided a bright spot plugging the hole left by Kieran Foran (foot) who is out for the season.

Lewis, the nephew of Immortal Wally Lewis, stood up to everything that was thrown at him by the Knights who set out to target him.

"He's a tough kid," Pay said.

"I think he made about 30 tackles. His nose is all over his face as well."

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Love his defence, copy book tackling. Attack will will come the more comfortable he gets with game time.
Yep he chimed in nicely in attack with some smart options but it was his defence that stood out for mine. They came at him all night, made 32 tackles and didn't miss a beat. His first tackle in first grade on Barnett, who singled him out and steamed at him, crunched him low with great technique. We're onto a good'en i reckon.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never said it wasn't, just saying people are over hyping him and praising him for things that weren't really on display last night.
Who cares, people are happy and have hope, nothing wrong with that. Optimism is good

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Being at the game I was very impressed with his vision. It has been stated on here that his side didn’t come up with any tries that’s true but why would you change attacking to the left when we scored 6 times on the right

I expect in a month he will be in total control of this team
That’s true. Some people are funny. Quick let’s try scoring on the left to even it up a bit....lol

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other angle I think a few people have missed is that it may help change some of the media bias against our club. Will be good to have king Wally talking up Lewis and in turn the dogs.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bra watch the game again and watch the kid closely... star in the making and wouldn't be surprised if his modelled his game around Thurston.
Similar traits aye
The off the ball work/efforts but way better defender than JT at the same stage of career

Status
Not open for further replies.