Opinion Lachlan Ilias

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For this year? He wont play NRL again this year.

I thought about the idea but we are better off signing Chad Townsend, Hutch, Hayward, Oneil for next year.
There both good players just ones older than the other Ilia’s is a natural 7 aswell as Townsend

But ilia’s is a good option good kicking game on him too quick and is a halfback quick aswell

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There both good players just ones older than the other Ilia’s is a natural 7 aswell as Townsend

But ilia’s is a good option good kicking game on him too quick and is a halfback quick aswell
The purpose of Chad is the experience more than everything considering we have 2 kids who could learn a wealth of knowledge from him just like
Dearden and Drinkwater have at the Cows.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The purpose of Chad is the experience more than everything considering we have 2 kids who could learn a wealth of knowledge from him just like
Dearden and Drinkwater have at the Cows.
True that can’t agree more bro either way both good

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn’t he the one who chased Saab down in Vegas out of the blue

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would they be looking at him for a back up I would say for sure somewhere

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Ilias is a talent.

From the inside looking in he has had to 'pull his head in' and let Cody Walker and Latrell do what they want, when they want.

In a new team with free reign, and capable half's coach he could be a real talent.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah.. prefer to give it to Taaffe.. players are starting to gel a little now. Results will come and we are top 8 :grinning:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Braith will be angling this **** into any hole - expect him to use the Dogs.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we have a half competent team these type of threads look even more ridiculous. Guy couldn’t play well with the equivalent of an all star team. So no thanks

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
No way, we are better of replacing Hutch with an established half like Townsend for a year rather than sign Ilias

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broken leg out for the year and no anyway there got to be better out there somewhere I’d rather keep sexton

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Broken leg out for the year and no anyway there got to be better out there somewhere I’d rather keep sexton
It wouldn't be the first time we've signed someone who's going to be out for an extended period, also from the same team.

KoolDavid

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus always talks about experienced number 7. I wouldn't be surprise if Gus made an enquiry regarding Townsend for next year to mentor our upcoming junior 7s like he did with James Maloney at Panthers.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus always talks about experienced number 7. I wouldn't be surprise if Gus made an enquiry regarding Townsend for next year to mentor our upcoming junior 7s like he did with James Maloney at Panthers.
Townsend would be ideal. Have a look at some of his YouTube videos to show he has a good level of discipline and very much a team player, on and off the field. We someone older, the young guys aren’t going to cut it yet until they get some assistance, guidance. Leadership would help us in the halves.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If sexton goes to the raiders, it will be a swap for one of their young forwards. I think Illias has potential to be a good HB in the right team, the bulldogs isnt that team. Unless we get a Marquee HB that can take us to finals there is no point signing one, we have enough stop gaps until our kids are ready.