Labor retains QLD with One Notion the biggest losers.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very good summation :grinning:

Hanson and Palmer were organising, crapping on, about suing the State for not having open borders. Their base switched to Anna (and her well respected Health Director Dr Jeanette Young).

Deb called for borders to be open 46? times yet denied doing so. Asap the vid clips were shown in adverts by Labor, her cred gone.

Scotty from Sharts marketing, bullying AP and hanging around with Deb, just reinforced the border closure issue that Qlders overwhelmingly supported.

Plus the stick with what you know factor in a crises is always huge at these times.
In hindsight, I should have also added the Murdoch press to the list of biggest losers as well....

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Their water policies have failed farmers and regional communities abysmally. One can see why the SFF party has risen so quickly (whether that's good or bad remains to be seen) - too long of being taken for granted.
It's a sad case of traditional voting rather than looking for the merits of what a party has done during the years when they could. Part of the issue is that the majority of the population zones out with a thousand yard stare when discussions about politics are happening. Many people are quite content to assume that the differences between parties is minor or they're taken in by headlines and don't bother actually researching policies. Can't say that I wasn't guilty of the ignorance is bliss stance for a long time.

Part of what actually motivated me to take an interest was a very opinionated family member.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was a very poor attempt at campaigning by the LNP. They need to realise its the over 40's that support them.
However they seemed to campaign for the new voters and they were never going to vote LNP.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@CroydonDog I think Greg Dowling deserved a spot on your biggest losers list. The guy just can't take a trick for his mate Clive. Lost the Federal election in 2019, had a crack at Townsville mayor and got smoked and now chalked up about 1.75% of the vote in his run for the state election.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I moved to Brisbane in 2013 as the Newman cuts were in full swing. i remember the nurses out protesting in front of every hospital. a mate of mine, who worked at Queensland rail's main office just watched whole floors being sacked at a time. The guy's arrogance was breathtaking.
He came in and cut our budget. Stopped all recruitment. Got rid of so many tutor drivers so training was stopped/slowed down to bare minimum. What happened after was the big rail fail which LNP has been blaming Labor for ever since...

Took so many years to undo all the damage the smug prick did

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He came in and cut our budget. Stopped all recruitment. Got rid of so many tutor drivers so training was stopped/slowed down to bare minimum. What happened after was the big rail fail which LNP has been blaming Labor for ever since...

Took so many years to undo all the damage the smug prick did
When that happened, a mate of ours went over to Port Hedland driving trains. Heaps of Qld drivers left at that time.