Not open for further replies.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Would be worried if it was played at their home ground , go doggies

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben matulino was giving josh Jackson grief..the dude is so dangerous around the edges.

If des wants to build the biggest, baddest forward pack ever, he should look into purchasing matulino. I am a huge fan.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big danger game ,will be a cracking game i think hopefully the boys are switched on

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least ben cummins isn't there to try to rig the result. I swear the guy puts money against the dogs in every game he refs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben matulino was giving josh Jackson grief..the dude is so dangerous around the edges.

If des wants to build the biggest, baddest forward pack ever, he should look into purchasing matulino. I am a huge fan.
Me too. The guy is a gun but he'd be after decent money and I don't think we need him with the pack we have.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Dogs 1 - 12 . Both teams fired but they will buckle under our defensive efforts.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think they will have a bit of shock going from raiders absolute pathetic defence, to our almost impenetrable defence. i think we will frustrate them and grind them to a 1-12 point victory.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
watching the warriors replay, luampape and hurrell are quite short and stocky and should definitely be a target.

K

kickstarter

I think they will have a bit of shock going from raiders absolute pathetic defence, to our almost impenetrable defence. i think we will frustrate them and grind them to a 1-12 point victory.
True mate

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like to see a little more kicking along the ground to take advantage of the poor turning circle a few of these big Warriors have. Guys like Manu have questionable hands at the best of times and turning quickly to cover the in-goal isn't one of their better skills. I'd also say let's keep the ball in play as much as possible and test their fitness towards the last 10 minutes of each half. No kicking for touch, no kicking dead with free taps and a rest, quick play the balls and play for repeat sets whenever the fifth tackle option doesn't look promising.
Just keep those low kicks away from Johnson and Tomkins...

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Definitely, the boys you have named are not the weak links that's for sure.
I just wonder at the persistence of cross field bombs when we aren't getting a result from them and are simply playing for luck/a deflection/bat back and are put up based on a lack of alternative ideas on the 5th.
I wonder if the cross field kick is the default move Des' has established for the time being. If the opposition defense line is reasonably set, we are 10-20 metres out, last tackle, and there doesn't seem particularly much going on... We do get a result from them every game or two (who can forget Tolman's try against the Knights), it is easier to defend assuming the opposition catches the ball (drop them on the spot), it usually targets the centres rather than the wingers (which for us is Morris and Lafai, more than competent at getting a grab or a worthwhile batback), and there is much less risk of the ball going out in-goal (giving the opposition 7 tackles from the 20 metre line).

Plus you kinda need your opposition to be more than half expecting the cross field play if you want your occasional more attacking move to have a better chance.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really worried about ben matulino playing out wide. Was a real go to man for them last time we played.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we put first points and dominate early they will buckle.
My thoughts exactly! We cant be forced to play the Warriors game which is fancy schmancy rugby we need to play our brand of rugby and these guys will buckle!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only reason last time it was close was because we let the Warriors have an early lead which someone pointed out meant nothing because around the 60 minute mark the Warriors wither away and get punished.

'Dogs to come out of the blocks firing and put 3-4 quick tries on them then go on to win 13+

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thimgs are always tight with the Warriors who like us were full of confidence last week but Des has discovered a new recipe on the interchange bench and if we control the ball a bit better to complete more sets we should still get the cherries, Dogs 13+

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as cummins or badger aren't refs then the refs shouldn't be a problem.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have the boys left yet? I wonder if Inu was on the flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.