Official Kyle Flanagan signs 3 year deal

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He still walked into a back to back premiership team and given a minimal role and imo failed to impress.

His backrowers, centres and wingers are some of the games best and they know what lines to run. So while some are lauding his try assists stats, they're forgetting which well drilled team he walked into, his stats should be the bare minimum of what to expect.

As I said I'm not impressed. (Truthfully though I really hate his father and his head, just want to punch it)
I agree re shane, he's a piece of shit but I think Kyle will be a gun signing. It's not easy going into a champion team and just fitting in straight away, pressure on him would of been huge and he's only still a kid, imo coming into our side without that added pressure will allow him to play his natural game while learning immensely from baz who was a great half himself

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man, it’s great to get this official now.

Just over 300k a season with the chooks chipping in 100k year one is fkn good value.

A genuine playmaking 7 with organisation skills and goal kicking abilities that’s come out of 12 months in a Rooster system is money well spent

I tip my hat to the club and the new board for making this happen and can’t wait for the other recruits to be announced in coming weeks

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention having the NSW 5/8 run the show for the Roosters.

Apart from Cleary and Walker(apparently the next big thing), there is no other young HB's around that are worth it.

At the end of the day, the NRL comp in "general" lacks quality halves who are consistently good on a weekly basis

Keary, DCE, Pearce, Cleary and goodnight to the rest
Good point, couldn't agree more. Such a lack of genuine halfs these days which makes this a even better signing, whether he was great or not at the roosters he is a genuine half who will learn alot from t baz and still very young

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree re shane, he's a piece of shit but I think Kyle will be a gun signing. It's not easy going into a champion team and just fitting in straight away, pressure on him would of been huge and he's only still a kid, imo coming into our side without that added pressure will allow him to play his natural game while learning immensely from baz who was a great half himself
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It would be a pretty boring page if they weren't.

What I will guarantee though is that Trent Barrett knows more about developing and spotting halves with talent than all of the people on this page combined.

So I am more than happy to back his judgement and predict Flanagan is going to be a good signing. Green was going to be our stop gap for next year and the club had already identified Flanagan as a target a few months ago for 2022. So obviously Baz has been a fan for a while

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You knuckleheads shitting on Flanagan should be ashamed of yourselves.

Everyone should be celebrating that we picked this kid up for 300-350k p.a

Imagine paying 900k+ for Moses, $1m for Ash Taylor, $800k+ for Brooks and the likes

Wait around another year for a better halve, yeah and who is that? And what are the guarantees of nabbing him?

For all the shit signings and re-signings over the last couple of years, the club should be commended on this signing.

Time to go out and make Harry Grant the next million dollar player

Bellamy can have Remis, Jayden and Lewis as a gift, just give us Grant.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It would be a pretty boring page if they weren't.

What I will guarantee though is that Trent Barrett knows more about developing and spotting halves with talent than all of the people on this page combined.

So I am more than happy to back his judgement and predict Flanagan is going to be a good signing. Green was going to be our stop gap for next year and the club had already identified Flanagan as a target a few months ago for 2022. So obviously Baz has been a fan for a while
Do you know this guy called Cooper Cronk?

If you do, I'll just let you know he was coaching Flanagan this season.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sharks made a play to get him back mate
The Daily Telegraphreports Flanagan’s new deal is worth $1 million-plus.

The Telegraph also reports his former club the Sharks were keen to bring him back to the shire and tabled him an offer last week, but it didn’t match the cash Canterbury were able to offer.

Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill was pleased to officially announce the signing.

“It is fantastic news for our Members and fans that we have been able to add someone of the class of Kyle to our squad,” he said in a club statement.

“He is a quality all-round footballer, who will bring game management and a strong kicking component to our halves, as well as having the potential to grow as a player under Trent Barrett and his coaching staff.

“We are putting together a squad that has the right qualities and everyone is excited about getting back together for the pre-season in what we believe is a new beginning for the club.

We can’t wait for Kyle to be a part of that.”

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh well one knocker, can't please everyone.
Hopefully we suffering supporters give him a little time to develop and adjust as the season progresses, am sure Baz will and the future should be bright.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Happy to have you here Flanno. Welcome and best of luck

Some advice don't read the negative posts the true Bulldogs supporters will support you
We are all true Bulldog supporters we just have different opinions. That's the kennel for you.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good thing about this signing is that Flanno will improve. As good or bad as he was this year, Baz has said he is 12-24 months behind Cleary in terms of development so obviously he has a lot of room to improve. We're not buying the finished product here, we're buying a work in progress and luckily we have the coach who can improve his game. If Baz thinks he can be as good as Cleary, and he has a succerssful track record of helping develop halves (DCE, Clearly and Luai have all credited Baz), this is a good deal.