Kyle Flanagan Mid-Week Press Conference | Round 10 v Raiders

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Remember all our other players who have done it tough with form and/or coaches dropping them or letting it be known they are not in our plans going forward ...and they survived ....and almost all pulled their socks up and went on to do the job they are paid to do.

This outcome for Kyle will only be outrageously wrong, if Barrett doesn't make sure the rest of the non-performers aren't held to the same standard and accountability.

Remember our greatest, equal greatest, or 2nd greatest (depending on your opinion) ever halfback, in Steve Mortimer, was given the flick by Warren Ryan. If that travesty can happen to one of our greats, then Kyle Flanaghan can rebound and carry on with his career if he has the right attitude.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When you play behind a bunch of cats, you dont get as many opportunities to make plays so when you do get an opportunity you feel you have to make it count, hes putting way too much pressure on himself to score off every set, he just needs to work on getting repeat sets and building pressure
150%

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t get it. Everyone has moments like this in their careers. Just because you’re not performing and get reprimanded by your employer it doesn’t mean you have to ‘get’ mental illness. The kid has been atrocious and was deservedly dropped. Crying about it won’t fix anything so he’s gotta perform in reggies and prove to Barrett his worth

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying - but to not be aware that he was dropped than put in front of the media is not good
Yeah that seems bizarre to be honest.
So when was he told about being dropped,I’m a bit confused
How did things unfold this afternoon

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying - but to not be aware that he was dropped than put in front of the media is not good
It's possible they dropped him after seeing him cry in the interview and just gave him the week off

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day he is still just a young man, playing in one of the toughest sports around. Would be hard with all the media fucktards constantly talking about him..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Having seen the video in full context, to me it seems he was more emotional about the relationship he has with his dad and family and not wanting to let them down more than anything.

He had a little moment, composed himself and carried on with the interview the best he could. It's not like he was balling his eyes out. No one should blow this out of proportion but the media already have..

The main issue as others have pointed out is why the hell is he fronting the media when he was getting dropped anyway? Who does that to the poor kid? It set him up for something like this to happen..

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Having seen the video in full context, to me it seems he was more emotional about the relationship he has with his dad and family and not wanting to let them down more than anything.

He had a little moment, composed himself and carried on with the interview the best he could. It's not like he was balling his eyes out. No one should blow this out of proportion but the media already have..

The main issue as others have pointed out is why the hell is he fronting the media when he was getting dropped anyway? Who does that to the poor kid? It set him up for something like this to happen..
Thats what i thought, his emotion was about his dad. Agreed.. TB needs to come out and explain how this happened.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He’s not garbage. If he was so hopeless why did the roosters sign him in the first place? He had some decent games for the roosters and was great for us in round one. I think he came out in round one determined to prove a point, but after the anger wore off a bit, our form and his treatment by the roosters started to rapidly erode his confidence. He has holes in his game and areas he needs to work on, but he has talent and he’s still very young. Some playmakers mature faster than others. Some of you really need to chill a bit and stop being so savage. Getting hooked like that in front of his old man must have really hurt. I feel for him.
He was carried by Keary bro.