Kyle Flanagan Mid-Week Press Conference | Round 10 v Raiders

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This lad is 21 and is playing behind the shittest pack in the Nrl that includes Corey Waddell and Dylan Napa and receives service from pissing Katoa, give him a break, we all wanted to see some of our players show they atleast care and this shows he clearly does. Hes been given the job to run the worst Nrl team ive seen in a long long time and he has no support inndoing it, hopefully with Burton , some actual decent forwards to go alongside Thompson and give us some go forward and Cheese maybe next year, pressure will be taken off him and we ll see the best of him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well from reading the Kennel. Plenty of better coaches on here.
We are fans bro, we are frustrated, angry and probably crying inside.

You Don't have to be a coach to see when somebody is clueless and/Or untalented.

He has been babied by his dad all his life and now when the going gets tough he doesn't know how to react.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can't knock a bloke for showing emotion.
Thats right he's emotional thats a good thing to be honest , its shows he cares about his performance with in the team ,i back him to bonce back from this it shows to me he's honest and id trust someone who's not afraid to show there emotions anyday because they ware thier heart on there sleve we should'nt bag a bloke for being down on his luck he'll bonce back

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This lad is 21 and is playing behind the shittest pack in the Nrl that includes Corey Waddell and Dylan Napa and receives service from pissing Katoa, give him a break, we all wanted to see some of our players show they atleast care and this shows he clearly does. Hes been given the job to run the worst Nrl team ive seen in a long long time and he has no support inndoing it, hopefully with Burton , some actual decent forwards to go alongside Thompson and give us some go forward and Cheese maybe next year, pressure will be taken off him and we ll see the best of him.
Like I mentioned before, we know he plays behind a bunch of cats, but what's his excuse in the red zone where he buckles? Or good clearing kicks? Or guiding the duds around?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thats right he's emotional thats a good thing to be honest , its shows he cares about his performance with in the team ,i back him to bonce back from this it shows to me he's honest and id trust someone who's not afraid to show there emotions anyday because they ware thier heart on there sleve we should'nt bag a bloke for being down on his luck he'll bonce back
The team or his dad? He didn't pause until they mentioned the drug cheat fraud.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you excuse him getting caught on the 5th more times then he's put in a grubber?

How do you excuse kicking out on 1st tackle?

How do you excuse him never taking the line on?
In the end, it's only football. I never said I was excusing him for anything. But right now he is still wearing the jersey and I wish him all the best.

And just on those errors he made on the weekend. Logically, those are a result of a bunch of soft forwards giving this guy no room or confidence to do what he is meant to do.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Imo it was a mistake by your club to make him front the media and that's been confirmed by them taking the video down. He's obviously struggling mentally and most questions were always going to be about his benching, so I don't know why they thought putting him out there would help him.
I would be very surprised if it wasn’t his idea. Don’t think the club would put him up in front of the media hounds unless he expressed a desire to speak to them. My guess is he wanted to show some accountability and emotion just overcame him.

Even if it was his idea, the club probably should have vetoed it.... but if he didn’t suggest it himself, it was a ridiculous move by the club.

So long as we’re talking about mistakes, we shouldn’t leave out your club though. Signing a young kid and then releasing him like thst has obviously had a huge impact on his confidence and self esteem. The roosters should have known the player they were getting. If they didn’t want or need him, they shouldn’t have bought him in the first place.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the end, it's only football. I never said I was excusing him for anything. But right now he is still wearing the jersey and I wish him all the best.

And just on those errors he made on the weekend. Logically, those are a result of a bunch of soft forwards giving this guy no room or confidence to do what he is meant to do.
Our forwards are dogshit but in the attacking 10 it's up to the halves

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are fans bro, we are frustrated, angry and probably crying inside.

You Don't have to be a coach to see when somebody is clueless and/Or untalented.

He has been babied by his dad all his life and now when the going gets tough he doesn't know how to react.
I agree with you 100%

We are fans. And we are frustrated.
But my original remarks were to the guy I replied to. Asking how you excuse the mistakes made.

And there are those on the kennel that dribble absolute shit. they think we can just play schoupp just like that,without an exemption.vor Deitz agsin without an exemption.
ADont forget the dumbfucks that say our cap is farked and we should sign Reynolds for 3 years at 1 mill a season.

I agree with about KF. I mentioned it in
Another reply. His Father has not helped him at all. You can see he has not learnt how to deal with hardship and you can tell he has never had to deal with any to learn.
Hopefully this will help him grow and learn.
The kid is young in age and in the head. He is still growing. He is not the leader that is expected to be. Nor will he for some years.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if it wasn’t his idea. Don’t think the club would put him up in front of the media hounds unless he expressed a desire to speak to them. My guess is he wanted to show some accountability and emotion just overcame him.

Even if it was his idea, the club probably should have vetoed it.... but if he didn’t suggest it himself, it was a ridiculous move by the club.
Maybe it was him, but either way it was not a good idea.

So long as we’re talking about mistakes, we shouldn’t leave out your club though. Signing a young kid and then releasing him like thst has obviously had a huge impact on his confidence and self esteem. The roosters should have known the player they were getting. If they didn’t want or need him, they shouldn’t have bought him in the first place.
Flanagan was always going to be a stop gap measure for us while we waited for Walker to develop, Kyle would have known that as that's why we only signed him for two years. The fact Walker has developed faster than expected is why we let Kyle go a year early.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%

We are fans. And we are frustrated.
But my original remarks were to the guy I replied to. Asking how you excuse the mistakes made.

And there are those on the kennel that dribble absolute shit. they think we can just play schoupp just like that,without an exemption.vor Deitz agsin without an exemption.
ADont forget the dumbfucks that say our cap is farked and we should sign Reynolds for 3 years at 1 mill a season.

I agree with about KF. I mentioned it in
Another reply. His Father has not helped him at all. You can see he has not learnt how to deal with hardship and you can tell he has never had to deal with any to learn.
Hopefully this will help him grow and learn.
The kid is young in age and in the head. He is still growing. He is not the leader that is expected to be. Nor will he for some years.
Yesterday I mentioned the hooking will prove if he is a man or a mouse.

Since he wears our jersey (fraudulently IMO) I hope he proves he is a man.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well we couldn't do any worse. Gimme my coaches jacket.
Can I take Crapas spot? Ive got a sprained ankle amd i can guarantee you I'll still make more metres than the cat.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of this reflects well on the club and anyone involved
1. KF should not have been doing media this week
2. He should have been made aware that he was being dropped for the next game
3. Being dropped sucks but its part of the deal - but just as the case of not renewing contracts, it should be done properly.

At least the club had the sense to take the video down
I really don’t think anyone in our club could see his breakdown coming through the press conference.
The pressure must have been building inside then just melted at that point in time.
Not thrown under the bus by any means, staff will assist along with the parents.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

God this is a hard watch - skip to 2:20. Almost broke down crying when asked about his old man.
Barrett has been inept in fostering the improvement, progression and development of the players.

How hard is it to work with Flanagan and develop his kicking, general 5th tackle options, strategy- guiding the team around.

Don’t tell me he can’t do it - we all saw evidence at Sharks and Roosters that he can do it. Yes, he had a strong roster at Roosters, but who forgets how to kick and run to the line?

Something is seriously up.

There is an elephant in the room, and no one seems to want to talk about it ?