Kyle Flanagan Mid-Week Press Conference | Round 10 v Raiders

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You're the most PC person on this forum? Fucking hell. Heard it all now! LOL. Now I really should scroll back through many of your comments over there years on here ;)

So what if they've got support mechanism or whatever set up? Doesn't mean we should simply brush off any emotions these guys have. Dismiss them because "They've got all the support. They get paid well. It's their job. I live in worse conditions" blah blah blah.

Yes. He's luckier than many. Yes. He's a paid professional. Yes. He needs to take responsibilty. Yes. He's got more support than many.

So what? Does that mean we simply say "Mental health shouldn't be talked about in cases like his?"
1. I seriously doubt he reads the forum

2. You're quite apt at taking things out of context and have seen you do this several times

3. If he's not good enough he won't make it and on the FLIP SIDE, he's been given chance after chance after chance after chance.

4. He's had a bit of pressure for the first time in his privileged life

5. He can go put things in perspective

6. Having seen that interview the club will look after him.

7. I seriously doubt he reads the forum.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
None of this reflects well on the club and anyone involved
1. KF should not have been doing media this week
2. He should have been made aware that he was being dropped for the next game
3. Being dropped sucks but its part of the deal - but just as the case of not renewing contracts, it should be done properly.

At least the club had the sense to take the video down

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're the most PC person on this forum? Fucking hell. Heard it all now! LOL. Now I really should scroll back through many of your comments over there years on here ;)

So what if they've got support mechanism or whatever set up? Doesn't mean we should simply brush off any emotions these guys have. Dismiss them because "They've got all the support. They get paid well. It's their job. I live in worse conditions" blah blah blah.

Yes. He's luckier than many. Yes. He's a paid professional. Yes. He needs to take responsibilty. Yes. He's got more support than many.

So what? Does that mean we simply say "Mental health shouldn't be talked about in cases like his?"
I believe. Whoever put hom in front of the media did him a massive favour.
Before the media video. No one was talking about mental healrh issues.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Lets be clear here. There are a few more players that need to undergo the treatment. Kyle is a high profile scalp. Needless to say I cannot say much for the rest of the dregs/imposters because they will not be here in 2022. With the exception of a few players including Kyle, the dregs should be ashamed of themselves.
A word of warning to you Trent. Should you not come up with the result in 2022 you will not be here in 2023!

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some hard arsed keyboard warriors on these forums. Flanagan has been a lamb to the slaughter this season without any help in the forwards and he has to carry the burden of results. It's a fucked situation to be in. He is a bulldogs player with more pressure than most of us on this forum professionally, he is showing some passion as is really trying hard. He has my support. There are many flogs in our team at the moment, this guy is not one of them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When its all said and done, Barrett hooking him is justified. This once was a professional football team where you lived and died on your last performance. Through various bungles, and stuff ups, thats all changed.

That's what the main message is all about.

"All" our players get bagged on social media. Every single one of them would be entitled to get emotional about getting dropped or told to move on...not being re-signed etc etc.

The only difference here is we don't see them tear up in an interview but they still have the same emotions and concerns as Kyle.

I hope fans show the same consideration to all our players mental health in their posts from now on.

I'm sure plenty of Kennellers will be watching and waiting to remind those so concerned today for our players.

It's a tough time for Kyle atm but it's been tough for nearly every footy player throughout their career.

Hopefully his Dad helps him improve his game as a controlling 7 and doesn't mollycoddle him to develop a chip on his shoulder and hinder his growth.

We need him to be a fg halfback.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Get the feeling this kid has never been told he's shit at something. Now all in the space of 1 year he's copped a sacking from the chooks and been dropped at last placed dogs. Doesn't know how to deal with failure
I've played, trained and coach nearly all my life, he has been protected by daddy.

Snr MAY of thought he was doing the right thing but he really hasn't.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCKKKKKKKKL... I was forever giving it to the Donkey fans when Brodie Croft and Alex Glenn were crying after a loss and now this piss weak excuse for a footballer is the reason I’m getting smashed on my messages by every other supporter.

Fuck Kyle, go cry to mummy you fool not the cameras.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some hard arsed keyboard warriors on these forums. Flanagan has been a lamb to the slaughter this season without any help in the forwards and he has to carry the burden of results. It's a fucked situation to be in. He is a bulldogs player with more pressure than most of us on this forum professionally, he is showing some passion as is really trying hard. He has my support. There are many flogs in our team at the moment, this guy is not one of them.
How do you excuse him getting caught on the 5th more times then he's put in a grubber?

How do you excuse kicking out on 1st tackle?

How do you excuse him never taking the line on?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCKKKKKKKKL... I was forever giving it to the Donkey fans when Brodie Croft and Alex Glenn were crying after a loss and now this piss weak excuse for a footballer is the reason I’m getting smashed on my messages by every other supporter.

Whatever you do..DO NOT cry

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I believe. Whoever put hom in front of the media did him a massive favour.
Before the media video. No one was talking about mental healrh issues.
That the kennel has diagnosed he has. He may not have issues, and honestly, I hope he doesn't.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Are you ok?

The kennel is here as a support network for you. We're a shoulder to cry on, we're here to support you.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You're not wrong about our marshmallow pack but come on, even when they manage to get us to the red zone he has fuck all clue/talent to take advantage.

It's clear as day why he got punted by the roosters.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you excuse him getting caught on the 5th more times then he's put in a grubber?

How do you excuse kicking out on 1st tackle?

How do you excuse him never taking the line on?
Can you head down to Belmore and train the lad?