Kris Keating - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
His support play is good and his defence impressed me.
Doesnt burn people with pace (pun intended_

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have watched KK carefully over a few matched now. He doesn't dominate a game like some of the halfbacks in the NRL but with this team he doesn't need to. Things he does do well:
1. Distributes the ball quickly to the backs. No accident he's there and Morris and Wright score
2. Precision short kicks low and high into goal for tries and repeat sets.
3. Tackles well above his weight division
4. Steadies the ship when Reynolds goes for it
5. Works well with Pritchard and Kasiano
6. Appears to have no ego at all and thus makes others look good.

There are better individual halves in the comp no doubt but really our team doesn't need a Thurston, we need a team player with skills just like KK. I wish him well.
agree.....

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
its simply a situation where a player was out of form, therefore deserving of constructive feedback and criticism in 2011..
then in 2012 keating in form and deserving of praise.
its not a backflip. its an observation of form.

as greenburg famously said when he gave kev the boot 'it's a results based business and we will be judged by results'.

My sentiments exactly and not just cause you have a great reply, I just got to this thread now and was thinking along the same lines.

And yes, the way Roberts was defended in here at times was head scratching.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly and not just cause you have a great reply, I just got to this thread now and was thinking along the same lines.

And yes, the way Roberts was defended in here at times was head scratching.
In the system we played with Moore, Roberts was a better option than Keating at the time. I still think he deserved more of a run next to Hodko and behind our pack.

I don't give a **** about Roberts now though.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud
Good news @NRL_Bulldogs fans . . . Kris Keating only out for a week after scans showed no hamstring tear. Just a bad cork. #NRL

fibber knows what Keatings scans showed apparently......

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
In the system we played with Moore, Roberts was a better option than Keating at the time. I still think he deserved more of a run next to Hodko and behind our pack.

I don't give a **** about Roberts now though.
mmmkaayy

yup definitely a blessing we ended up with Reynolds me thinks

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
3 weeks will test us but Romelo deserves a chance to stake his claim. I also think Barba is ready to assume the role of playmaker. I have watched him over the last few weeks and he is more and more setting up other players. His kick to the corner was a success last Friday and several times he has kicked leading to tries. He is a good passer of the ball and has outstanding vision. Maybe for a few games.

the point is Des has options.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Putting Benny into the halves is a very risky move (Hayne anyone?) and I for one hope that Dez doesn't take a risk of that magnitude at this stage of the season. The last thing we want is to drop out of the top 4.

I really hope Romelo is given a run.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Putting Benny into the halves is a very risky move (Hayne anyone?) and I for one hope that Dez doesn't take a risk of that magnitude at this stage of the season. The last thing we want is to drop out of the top 4.

I really hope Romelo is given a run.
That hayne anyone comment is irelevant as barba has been a halve for most of his life..

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
3 weeks isn't too bad. Was fearing worse. In regards to Barba at 6. No way. You don't weaken your strength to try to strengthen your weakness.

I'd, hesitantly, put either Romelo or Cutler in there.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Lara Pitt yesterday on NRL FOX last night, said he was only out for 2 weeks.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
3 weeks isn't too bad. Was fearing worse. In regards to Barba at 6. No way. You don't weaken your strength to try to strengthen your weakness.

I'd, hesitantly, put either Romelo or Cutler in there.
I was expecting 6-8 weeks tbh

P

Paint.

Can't kick.
tbh I think he can kick, you'll find that most people with 2 functioning legs and at least 1 functioning arm can kick, all it requires is for that one arm to drop the ball onto one of the 2 functioning legs, while the other leg helps balance him on the floor. This would result in a kick, regardless of how long, short, high or low the kick goes.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh I think he can kick, you'll find that most people with 2 functioning legs and at least 1 functioning arm can kick, all it requires is for that one arm to drop the ball onto one of the 2 functioning legs, while the other leg helps balance him on the floor. This would result in a kick, regardless of how long, short, high or low the kick goes.
Hahaha

Don't be so sure though. I had a mate in high school who threw the ball in the air and tried to kick it. Dude always missed and fell over lol. He was really really unco!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You don't need a ball to kick, just the aforementioned legs....you can kick a sandcastle...or a horse...or a homeless person...for a full list of things you can kick, go to thingsyoucankick.com

Status
Not open for further replies.