Kouparitsis to fulfill his life-long dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haztrick

Fulfilling a life-long dream, Bulldogs forward Nick Kouparitsas will make his debut in the NRL this weekend against the Canberra Raiders at Telstra Stadium.

Kouparitsas, who played his junior football in Canberra for the West Belconnen Warriors, has spent the last 4 seasons completing his “apprenticeship” to NRL football, playing Premier League with the Bulldogs, Magpies and Raiders.

When asked to describe the feeling and emotion of being selected to make his NRL debut, the 22 year old was animated and clearly excited saying he was pumped to be given the opportunity by coach Steve Folkes.

“I didn’t hear off the coaches about it (NRL selection) until yesterday. When I was told I was pumped!” Kouparitsas said.

When quizzed about anything that contributed to his rise up into the NRL, Kouparitsas was quick to acknowledge the club and coaches for assisting in the continuing development of his game.

“The club and coaching has been great,” Kouparitsas told League Unlimited

“Playing and training with internationals has been good too, to learn bits and pieces of their games, it’s helped a lot”

Kouparitsas was realistic about his appointment to the top grade at a club which boasts such a great forward pack, but was hopeful for a strong performance and make further claims for future call ups to first grade.

“If I can put in a good performance, than hopefully next time there’s an injury, the coaches will think of my name first.” Kouparitsas said.

Kouparitsas will join Billy Ngawini, Ben Czislowski and Dallas McIlwain in a completely new bench, with the Bulldogs losing Mason, Ryan, O'Meley and Myles to State of Origin.

www.leagueunlimited.com

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its good to see Folkes giving these juniors a go.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My Bro In-Law is on the board at Wests, he sais Koups can be a great player but he has Brain Explosions at times, hopefully he is more level headed now days

D

D0ggyStylz

MattyB said:
My Bro In-Law is on the board at Wests, he sais Koups can be a great player but he has Brain Explosions at times, hopefully he is more level headed now days
I heard that same thing when we first signed him.

GrEeK_DoG

Waterboy
Reaction score
he's a good young player....can play second row, lock and five eight. close to re signing for two yrs as well, so he is obviously impressing the staff with his performances so far. he was actually gonna play first grade a couple weeks ago had corey hughes pulled out through injury. good luck koops

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
hopefully he does well, it will be interesting to see how he plays...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i hate these cheesy articles.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
same loll....lets hope he ahs a good game

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
mitchusonfire said:
i hate these cheesy articles.
You should be an NFL fan, the article will go something like this...

You dam right the coach picked me, who else is he going to pick.
Sh!t man havent you seen me, im the greatest rookie this club has seen.
Im surprised its taken them 13 weeks to pick me,
Im just glad they visited the optomostrist man before the season was over,
Im Nick Kouparitsis

Remember that player ;)

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MP4-Gonzales said:
You should be an NFL fan, the article will go something like this...

You dam right the coach picked me, who else is he going to pick.
Sh!t man havent you seen me, im the greatest rookie this club has seen.
Im surprised its taken them 13 weeks to pick me,
Im just glad they visited the optomostrist man before the season was over,
Im Nick Kouparitsis

Remember that player ;)
Lol

maks69

Waterboy
Reaction score
i know kouparitsis i always see him around.cuts his hair at my uncles shop,his a good bloke,he told me he signed and he hoped to play in the number 6.but he said he had ahead of him so he might just play lock and thats where he turned out,his a big and good player hope he does good

tReLLoS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
MAY GOD HELP US BEN ****OLSKI IS PLAYING?
good luck to koops hope he goes mad as we need a new greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.