Knockonbur vs Feldt

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Genuinely, Im concerned about these two matching up, Okunbor even tho hes huge got out jumped by Mulitalo with ease vs Sharks, Feldt is one of the best at attacking the high ball in the Nrl, surely the Cowboys will be looking to bomb Okunbor to death. This isnt even considering the fact Okunbor has the worst hands in the Nrl anyway and would probably drop it regardless. Cowboys have a real weakness to target though, would love if we had an actual solid winger starting.
I like Naden at centre too but he plays a reliable winger from what I've seen, we need a reliable winger. Otherwise just throw Corey Allen

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a few options to replace Okunbor with. Lumelume, Burns, Allan, even Casey might get the nod after a solid trials performance.

Creedence Toia is definitely more fullback than winger, so unlkely.

If Allen or Lumelume are back I'd say they slot straight in for Okunbor.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knockembur should whip his hair around when going for bombs and blind the opposition player LOL have you seen how long and thick it is, surely its getting to a point where it could be used as a weapon if he gelled it ...
Knoconbore cares more about his hairdo then improving his rugby league skills, 3 to 4 tries let in on his side guaranteed against the cowboys, so sick of seeing the useless C**t in our side.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly is this "something different" you would like Barret to try? Cook wasn't available, neither was Allan or Alomoti, all of the alternate 7's were given a run in the trails and didn't impress, Wakeham was given a run at hooker, that didn't go well, BBO needs time in NSW Cup to further develop.

WTF is he supposed to do, pull a farkin rabbit out of the hat?

Always a Bulldog
I'd like to see BBO given the same time in the trials at 7 as Averillo. He got a little in the first trial but not enough. He was actually trying too hard in his limited time because it was limited time. Averillo has had more game time than he deserves. He needs more time in NSW Cup than BBO. He's not a natural halfback, BBO is. Even Wakeham should have been given at least 20 minutes at 7 in one of the trials. Toia on the wing instead of Okunbor. Try Averillo at centre or wing which is more his natural position. Burns deserved just as much game time as Okunbor. Flanagan got what about 5 minutes to prove he's improved in the off season ? Why bother even putting him on for that amount of time ? If Cook were available he would have been lucky to get 20 minutes again. Barrett has his favourites and just like Des plays them constantly no matter how badly they perform.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant believe Knockombor is our best option for the right wing.... DCUK U TBAG!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okunbor is only in the side for the carries out of our own half. He doesn’t offer much besides the odd try and multiple mistakes throughout the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Braiden Burns? Would be happy with Cadence on the wing or pushing Naden onto that wing, take a huge gamble on Alomati at centre? I don't know but we just cannot under any circumstances play Okunbor on the wing.
We've spent all this money on backs and we've still got a dog shit backline LOL

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For his size he should be bumping people off at will, but he runs too straight up and gets smashed.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Genuinely, Im concerned about these two matching up, Okunbor even tho hes huge got out jumped by Mulitalo with ease vs Sharks, Feldt is one of the best at attacking the high ball in the Nrl, surely the Cowboys will be looking to bomb Okunbor to death. This isnt even considering the fact Okunbor has the worst hands in the Nrl anyway and would probably drop it regardless. Cowboys have a real weakness to target though, would love if we had an actual solid winger starting.
Spot on I told my gf as soon as game starts they will target okunbor to trial their combinations . Wasn’t wrong he is a liability, even the stupid pass out of our 20 which averello missed was enough to swing the momentum

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CALAMITY AT THE BACK! What doesn't mastermind TBAZ understand about this??!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh but Okunbor has really cool hair. Doesn't that count?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'd be concerned with Knockonbore running 100m without falling over

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, it’s slim pickings but I feel BBO is the pick of a bad bunch.

I’d explore something like this-

7-BBO
9-Cook/JMK

14-Cook/JMK

For my number 5 anyone who grew up with that number or number 1 on their back from Under 6’s. I don’t think Okunbor will ever be a first grade winger. (Certainly not at the Dogs). I wouldn’t worry about Jake, give him a season or two in reserve grade til everyone figures what is his actual position and if he has the skill to transcend to the next level.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rushing in is by far the worst out of any winger I have seen. A simple decoy run at the second rower and he’s more than half the distance from the touch line to the goal post. I posted this many times last year, including after the Melbourne game where he ran over Smith.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should have got Bailey Simminson as trade for Cotric so we didn't have to play a simp on the wing

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Plenty of acknowledgement in this thread about his obvious flaws with his defence and his hands but how slow is he off the mark!? There’s been quite a few times where he gets the ball in a scoring position (for most wingers) about 8-10 metres out with a bit of space and a defender or 2 sliding and he just hits the brakes and surrenders. His ability to finish is absolutely diabolical imo.