Knights should go for Foran- Johns

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Put it this way...If Foran needs to go, the club will find a way by marsh next year !!!
In the meantime I would use what ever cash is available from Mbye & Woods money to get
* Esaako... a great goal kicking winger / center
* T. Pangai jnr exceptional young prop / second row
* M. Pangai good center / second row
Brisbane might have to use brown bags to keep them LOL

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This isn’t a charity. We’re not giving away players.

Sick of these clubs circling over our carcass.

You want players? You pay the bulk of the wages. End of discussion. We are clear of salary cap constraints due to mbye and woods. This is not a fire sale.
Agree but it has been US, the Bulldogs who have caused this problem. WE are asking for offers in the background. WE are shopping our players around... It has been happening for years, we really stuffed this up.....

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You get floporans tax returns from tolman?
Foran's based on media reports when he signed.
Tolman's on exact detail.
The kennel is the most inaccurate source of player payments there is.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So you're telling me Montoya isn't on 1.3 mill a season? That's bullshit.... he deserves more than that.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's not gonna happen. Foran's body will never recover to play the type of football like he did at Manly. He is busted and living off reputation.
Can't disagree with that from what he's produced the last couple of years. I can still see a lot of upside if you're wrong though

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Johns just looking after his dopey mate here, only a complete imbecile would hire Foran.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id put foran on ice to next year. This toe injury could be a blessing in disguise. Good break might be exactly what he needs. Dont give him away. He breaks down next season then retire him.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was our best player first few rounds till he hurt his neck.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not going to happen (this nor the medical retirement).

Newcastle just got rid of Hodkinson from their books (LOL Manly), and won't be keen to replace him anytime soon.

With Connor Watson and Pearce in the halves, Ponga an option for injury, as well as a few off contract (Lamb, Hazard, Stig, Johns) who can play in halves.

They also have young Hayden Loughrey and Daniel Peck coming through the grades. Loughrey in particular looks very good.
Why not medical retirement if it's a new injury and not a pre-existing injury? The laws of the game state it can't be a pre-existing injury if a player is to be medically retired. This isn't. Or are you insinuating the Dogs don't want to get rid of him?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The comments from Chris Anderson the other day would indicate they are going to pump all sorts of sports technology into him to get him right for next year. Looks like he is here for the duration - at this stage....
Don't know mate. I'm sure the club has to put a case forward and prove everything was done to get him right. In the end it won't be his pre-existing injuries but his new injury that will cause his retirement.
For example, Anthony Watmough's retirement was dodgy as and I think where there is an opportunity and the club is desperate they will go down that path just like parra did. Just my opinion.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If it was me in hills position I would be looking at off loading him for as much as possible and use that for Nathan Cleary. The panthers are desperate to get his signature for the next six seasons why not throw our hat into the ring with the money freed up from Foran if it happens. But definitely wouldn’t entertain $500k, they could shove that up their ass. We still would have space for up and comers with woods and Mbye gone plus not resigning players there should be a decent amount to spend.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why not medical retirement if it's a new injury and not a pre-existing injury? The laws of the game state it can't be a pre-existing injury if a player is to be medically retired. This isn't. Or are you insinuating the Dogs don't want to get rid of him?
A bit from column A and a bit from column B.

On one hand I think they believe he will come good. They gave him time start of this year to try and get fit.

On the other hand the NRL are pretty strict regarding the medical retirement of a player. One can't stub their toe and retire. It has to be a serious injury in which the player has no chance of recovery/ability to play football again, or it is unable to be fixed (e.g Alex McKinnon).

Manly had Matai and Stewart denied medical retirement from memory... in fact I can't recall the last player that was approved (by NRL) for medical retirement.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep very good point. He had a crack at him in 2012 but he stayed at Manly. He had another crack in 2015 but he went to Parra. Another crack in 2016 but he went to the Warriors

4th time lucky.

Or rather 4th time painfully fuckin unlucky for us
Just how much damage has Hassler done to our club. With all the money he was paid if he had a conscience he would never be able to sleep again.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A bit from column A and a bit from column B.

On one hand I think they believe he will come good. They gave him time start of this year to try and get fit.

On the other hand the NRL are pretty strict regarding the medical retirement of a player. One can't stub their toe and retire. It has to be a serious injury in which the player has no chance of recovery/ability to play football again, or it is unable to be fixed (e.g Alex McKinnon).

Manly had Matai and Stewart denied medical retirement from memory... in fact I can't recall the last player that was approved (by NRL) for medical retirement.
Watmough Eels

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Watmough Eels
He was braindead before he joined Parra.

Twas for knee injury, and yet whilst NRL approved it, QBE (Parramattas insurance company) rejected the payout claiming it was pre-existing, and won.

Parra had to pay him out $1.2 million personally.

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Foran is signed until the end of 2020. Not 2021. So we would effectively be paying another club for 2 years.... IF he isnt medically retired. I would do it.

The club is aware we wont be well cap wise until 2021 (when the only player we will paying to play against us is a small amount for woods).

Release Foran. Gamble on a young gun or two for two seasons
You seriously cannot be serious very glad you are not in charge of the club. You would seriously pay $1mio of Bulldogs salary cap(which we cannot use) to the knights lol. Gees hope the lunatics are not running the asylum. Not $1 dollar I say. We are no longer desperate and who knows what a fit and healthy Foran ca do next year. We paid for the chance to know l(I mean overpaid by stupid stupid previous admin) so let's bloody well use it. Why give Newcastle the opportunity.

Reactions: DT

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Under this agreement we would $500,000.00 for each year for the next two years.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet youre consistently posting players wages on the kennel.

Foran aint worth minimum wage and after tonights fantastic win it makes it so much sweeter that i wont see that Manly imposter in a Bulldogs jersey again

Status
Not open for further replies.