Klemmers Running Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Klemmers extremely hard running pointless. I get he runs straight and hard but he has been playing and learning off Jammer and should be changing it up a bit. Running hard was what penrith forwards did back in 2003 and that lasted only a year

Why does he not run angles or offload or run just fast enough to drive the defence back the way Steve Price used too.

I don't know why people here think he is great just because he bends the line a little.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Klemmers extremely hard running pointless. I get he runs straight and hard but he has been playing and learning off Jammer and should be changing it up a bit. Running hard was what penrith forwards did back in 2003 and that lasted only a year

Why does he not run angles or offload or run just fast enough to drive the defence back the way Steve Price used too.

I don't know why people here think he is great just because he bends the line a little.
I agree with you , he's good but very over rated

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can graham and Tolman leave please. Lets see that happen first.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I watched a lot of Klemmer in u 20s and he was a passing and offloading machine.. im not surprised that now under des hes been told just to tuck it under the wing and run ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probs not lol. I don't get what you are complaining about here? The bloke smashed every other prop in terms of metres per minute last season, averaged the most in metres after contact and is once again our best metre eater at the club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes of course you're right we need more Tolman's in the squad................................

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Give yourself an uppercut.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
generally speaking, i think he makes more yards when he doesn't hit the line at speed, he gets a bit lower and usually able to make the defenders go high and he can legitimately carry a couple 7-8 extra meters

when he goes hard, a smart defender will take him low and he'll generally drop, if they ever go high when he has a run up, then he can cause huge damage but most footballers arn't that stupid

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just looked at the updated stats. Klemmer 14 runs for 122m. Compare that with Graham 15 runs for 105m, Tolman 20 runs for 124m. Klemmer was our only prop making any sort of impact with his runs last night.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Enough said..... Now stop talking shit about our best forward week in week out that's played origin and test footy. It's embarrassing.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look what happens to us when we run sideways. If our forwards run straight with purpose, they will gain 1-10 metres. They run sideways, we lose 2 metres, knock-on,or throw a panic pass for the opposition to swoop on.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
generally speaking, i think he makes more yards when he doesn't hit the line at speed, he gets a bit lower and usually able to make the defenders go high and he can legitimately carry a couple 7-8 extra meters

when he goes hard, a smart defender will take him low and he'll generally drop, if they ever go high when he has a run up, then he can cause huge damage but most footballers arn't that stupid
Exactly what im saying no need to run your hardest an straightest every run. Hit the line a little slower speed then drive the defenders back.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really think he needs to bring his offload back (Des needs to get over it and allow offloads more), we are getting killed by offloads when other teams do it and we need to return fire with it. Most of our forwards attract 2-4 defenders and an offload to spark some movement is needed badly...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry OP, you have no idea champ.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
At least he bends the line, instead of tolman where he gets the ball and doesn't run hard or straight away surrenders

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Klemmer is an easy target when all we do is one out hit ups. Even if we pass it two wide, it's all flat fatted stuff. Boring to say the least. Sure we will win some games, just not enough to push for a premiership. Need new players, and more importantly, a different game plan!

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have one loss and it seems that there are issues with every player, I'd hate to see what it gets like if we lose a few in a row, people will be calling for public executions.

Status
Not open for further replies.