Opinion Kiraz

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
I certainly get the hype around Alamoti but have any of you actually seen him playing in the lower grades? It might change your opinions somewhat. He's not even close to being ready to play first grade. Let the kid learn his trade.
Alamoti is the 2022 Karl McNichol. I don't see the hype at all. He's 18 and slower that a retiring Hazem El Masri. Big deal he can fend and has an ok flick pass - that skill is good in the jnrs.

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I certainly get the hype around Alamoti but have any of you actually seen him playing in the lower grades? It might change your opinions somewhat. He's not even close to being ready to play first grade. Let the kid learn his trade.
only worrying thing is that nowadays, clubs will pay big money for a young star like Alamoti. Even if the club is doing the right thing by letting him learn his trade, anyone would rather go to another club to simply get a first grade spot

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
only worrying thing is that nowadays, clubs will pay big money for a young star like Alamoti. Even if the club is doing the right thing by letting him learn his trade, anyone would rather go to another club to simply get a first grade spot
This ... if we don't give him a shot he'll look elsewhere, I do think the plan is for Alamoti to play first grade next year and I expect him to debut towards the end of the this year to get a taste.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alamoti is the 2022 Karl McNichol. I don't see the hype at all. He's 18 and slower that a retiring Hazem El Masri. Big deal he can fend and has an ok flick pass - that skill is good in the jnrs.
I reckon you are very wrong with this take. Wait till he hits first grade next year. He is not Sua'ali'i but he will be a gun centre for the dogs. I will bump this comment when he is flying

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I reckon you are very wrong with this take. Wait till he hits first grade next year. He is not Sua'ali'i but he will be a gun centre for the dogs. I will bump this comment when he is flying
Problem for Alamoti is that he's very right side dominant and currently has Kiraz ahead of him in his position who could potentially be a rep level centre in a season or two.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Problem for Alamoti is that he's very right side dominant and currently has Kiraz ahead of him in his position who could potentially be a rep level centre in a season or two.
Kiraz is playing really well but i think Alamoti has a greater skill set to be a top line centre. I prefer Kiraz on th wing to be honest

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair, I said he’d be playing Ron Massey hahaha I was dramatically wrong

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kiraz is playing really well but i think Alamoti has a greater skill set to be a top line centre. I prefer Kiraz on th wing to be honest
I originally though the same but Kiraz just looks too good at centre compared to wing, if he can't make the switch to the opposite side like Crichton did to accommodate Burton then Tago then some tough decisions might need to be made.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's equally bad to write kids off as it is to talk them up. Right now he's a kid with potential.

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
I hope I am wrong and would gladly eat humble pie. I just don't see it. I would love to hear who in the NRL we would compare him too and why?

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Kiraz reminds me of a young Montoya. When Montoya debuted he looked fast, passionate, scored some try’s and everyone was very excited. Kiraz
Does look better thou, breaks more tackles and has an off load.
this is 1 of the worst comparisons ive ever seen LOL

i dont remember ever thinking Montoya was any good, he was more comparable to Heka Nanai

let kiraz be kiraz

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kiraz's going really well in the centres but I still think in theory his skillet is more suited to the wing. Since Allan's in the team I prefer him 1 in atm. I really don't see anything besides: 1. Averillo, 2. JAC, 3. Schoupp, 4. Alamoti and 5. Kiraz in the future tho (next year). That's a back 5 I can get behind.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is kiraz playing in the Lebanon v Malta game tonight?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our young hooker Danny Ghantous is meant to be playing. Big wraps on the kid let's see what he can do