Kings Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys...

its my 22nd birthday in 2 weeks, so i'm looking at going to kings cross on sat 16th may. I've only been to the cross once before (going out wise). I've driven through there many times but only in October last year have I actually been there. I stayed at a hotel then and i'm probably looking to stay at the same place again.

My question is, what are the best places for going out and dancing in the Cross. I'm looking to get in there pretty early on and maybe drink at a pub or something up till 10pm or so, but after that me and my mates would be looking for somewhere we can dance. Now last time I was there I went to Empire Hotel and Kings Cross Hotel and some other place I can't remember much of lol. Empire was decent, but I was looking for something maybe a bit bigger.

I've been to Home Nightclub in Darling Harbour, so anything that compares to that would be awesome. Same with Mean Fiddler, so if anyone has been there i'm looking for something with a similar atmosphere/music to these places. Also, hopefully somewhere that won't be too hard to get into...there will probably be 5 guys and at most 2 girls with me, and I know some places can be hard to get in with numbers like that. I got no idea how I managed to get into Home last time on anzac day after drinking for 12 hours and showing up by myself to meet a heap of guy mates inside...Fiddler seems to be easy to get into regardless of the numbers...maybe coz I always get there at 9-10pm.

Would anyone be able to recommend 2 or 3 places I could visit? I also gotta keep in mind the 2am lockout as well considering we'll prob be going at it all night. I'd definately prefer if the place has a pretty decent dance floor as well as more house/dance music instead of all rnb.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
sapphire is good if your totally trashed....

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
dragonfly is the worst place lol. Rami had his bday there and had a guest list. Half werent allowed to get in as there were too many guys. Like wtf its a guest list :confused:

Trademark and Sapphire are the best in the cross

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
trademark is pretty farking sweeeeet but a bit posh :p

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sapphire is terrible - full of fully sik hectiks!!!

Trademark is really good - they're not too fussy at the door, and you could put a guest list at the door.

YU is quite young, but then again, you're only 22.

I don't like Dragonfly - VERY VERY difficult to have a party there as they are such arseholes at the door.

Have you thought of the new Kings Cross Hotel? Upstairs is supposed to be really nice.

Another one is Sugar Mill - the DJ downstairs (and it's free to get in) is the best DJ ever! He plays mash ups - he mashed up the theme song to Super Mario Bros with a house track - I was in heaven!

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the Cross doesn't have the 2am lockout.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Kit and Kaboodle. Make a guestlist, email it to them, and you'll be flying. No entry fee, classy setting.

http://www.functionsandevents.com.au/kitandkaboodle.html

hey guys...

its my 22nd birthday in 2 weeks, so i'm looking at going to kings cross on sat 16th may. I've only been to the cross once before (going out wise). I've driven through there many times but only in October last year have I actually been there. I stayed at a hotel then and i'm probably looking to stay at the same place again.

My question is, what are the best places for going out and dancing in the Cross. I'm looking to get in there pretty early on and maybe drink at a pub or something up till 10pm or so, but after that me and my mates would be looking for somewhere we can dance. Now last time I was there I went to Empire Hotel and Kings Cross Hotel and some other place I can't remember much of lol. Empire was decent, but I was looking for something maybe a bit bigger.

I've been to Home Nightclub in Darling Harbour, so anything that compares to that would be awesome. Same with Mean Fiddler, so if anyone has been there i'm looking for something with a similar atmosphere/music to these places. Also, hopefully somewhere that won't be too hard to get into...there will probably be 5 guys and at most 2 girls with me, and I know some places can be hard to get in with numbers like that. I got no idea how I managed to get into Home last time on anzac day after drinking for 12 hours and showing up by myself to meet a heap of guy mates inside...Fiddler seems to be easy to get into regardless of the numbers...maybe coz I always get there at 9-10pm.

Would anyone be able to recommend 2 or 3 places I could visit? I also gotta keep in mind the 2am lockout as well considering we'll prob be going at it all night. I'd definately prefer if the place has a pretty decent dance floor as well as more house/dance music instead of all rnb.

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ That's Sugar Mill yeh? Or is that upstairs?

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
As a note- if a man wants to buy you more than one drink, he is not "just friendly".

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ ???? WTF???? This is the Cross, not Oxford St!

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
^^ I just noticed the "just me" pun LOL

I'll rephrase, thats just Eedz

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Arrr can we start using the
button as opposed to ^^^ lol.

Reaction score
BBQ and Poker >>>> Kings Cross

but thats just me :o
agree with you eden...

i haven't been to the cross since early 2008...but from what i can remember then i would say dragonfly and sapphire....

but i :love: red room (yes i know that's not at the cross)

Status
Not open for further replies.