Other News Source King re signing

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've just been informed that Max King has received a formalised two-year extension at a reasonable price and his manager has accepted it. This will see him stay in Belmore until at least the end of 2024. He's desperate to repay the Dog's faith and can't see himself wearing any other colours. Apparently the Dolphins and Tigers approached his manager for discussions, but he was not interested and didn't even consider them. King will be a Bulldog for a long time to come.
Expect an announcement within the next month

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great news if true. Good work by Gus to lock him up early as his form has been so good that his value increases by the game. King is a great bargain signing and has already become a fan favourite with how hard he plays and the impact he makes.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A smart back-room always results in success on the field, just wait and see it won't happen overnight, we might not win the premiership this year or even the next but we will definitely be in the mix, but it will happen and the bad years are now behind us.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've just been informed that Max King has received a formalised two-year extension at a reasonable price and his manager has accepted it. This will see him stay in Belmore until at least the end of 2024. He's desperate to repay the Dog's faith and can't see himself wearing any other colours. Apparently the Dolphins and Tigers approached his manager for discussions, but he was not interested and didn't even consider them. King will be a Bulldog for a long time to come.
I heard there will an announcement about someone soon !

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
King is a real “Bulldog” type of forward… for those who grew up in the 25yr purple patch between the 1980-mid 2000’s, we always had that uncompromising type of player was team first, fight for every inch and run through a brick wall on request - enter Robbo, Peter Kelly, Robert Relf, Mark Brokenshire, Adam Perry, Dennis Scott, Brad Morrin etc.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm from maitland where King is originally from and already knowing a bit about him I'm surprised how well he is going. He left here for the titans where he got his start in first grade but he never really set the world on fire and when he left for the storm it kind of felt like a depth signing and he would probably end up back home in a year or two, like brock lamb currently. When I heard we signed him I'll be honest I wasn't thrilled but I will be first to admit he has proven me wrong and I'm glad he has.
He plays with the hunger that he probably knew his career was at a crossroads and he is very religious and disciplined which might be a nice change considering our history with discipline/bad characters at the club.
Good on him, reward for perseverance

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Fuck yeah! I hope this is true!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's been a long time since we were in the habit of picking up bargain buys that prove to be quality. Last year we picked up big Ava Seumanufagai, this year we've nabbed King and Burns. Hopefully we manage our cap better in future through a combination of junior production and by picking up hidden gems like King.