Kimmorley quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just had a good read of a quote from Kimmorley last week and it is seriously right on the money!

“If the structure is too confusing, pull it back. If the players aren’t doing it by now, and they started training in November, you need to coach to the quality of the players you’ve got, not the style you want to coach as a coach.

The attack these days is a second to two seconds faster than what it was two years ago, which means you need to play more over the ‘ad-line’, straighter running, more momentum football.

“They haven’t evolved

They’ve got a fullback (Will Hopoate) who runs for 250m but rarely passes, and they’ve lost faith in their No. 9 (Michael Lichaa), so they’ve turned to their halfback (Moses Mbye) who they paid too much money for to go from a half to a dummy-half.

“I think your spine has to have four dynamic playmakers who can all passand look at what is in front of them and play some adlib football.’’

Sure, perhaps Brett is also pitching for a gig in the same breath, but he is spot on in his assessment and in my opinion, he absolutely fits the bill for me:

Former Bulldogs player..tick
Good footy brain...tick
Attacking mindset...tick
Will improve our passing/kicking game..tick
Let's players play what's in front of them...tick
Promotes second phase play..tick
Will recruit intelligently...tick
Will strip footy back to basics i.e. It won't be a statistics & science experiment...tick
Promotes a never give up mentality...tick

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's easy being a armchair coach.. I can't believe all the backstabbing that's going on.

Ennis is the only one who can comment because he's been there.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's easy being a armchair coach.. I can't believe all the backstabbing that's going on.

Nope people are calling it as they are seeing it. Some here have been saying it for a few years. Now look back from 2013 to now its as clear as day whats been happening and our lack of evolution.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

well no actually .. Kimorley is more than eligible to make comment ... he was assistant coach for the bulldogs in 2012... arguably our best year under hasler ..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well no actually .. Kimorley is more than eligible to make comment ... he was assistant coach for the bulldogs in 2012... arguably our best year under hasler ..
OK he's excused but he wasn't playing under Des . Last time he played shoulder charging and punch ups were legal..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope people are calling it as they are seeing it. Some here have been saying it for a few years. Now look back from 2013 to now its as clear as day whats been happening and our lack of evolution.
Fair enough he's entitled to an opinion just like everyone else but he's opinion doesn't hold as much water as someone who's actually played under Des.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you can't believe all the back stabbing, well if we don't maintain the rage just as Gough Whitlam said in 1975, our board will not sack Des at seasons end and will probably renew his contract for another 10 years.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kimmorley and Ennis are saying much the same thing, so what's the problem.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Ennis this, Ennis that lol

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I was and am a supporter of Mick but you are seriously deathriding your love for Ennis. Its psychopathical.

Kimmorley is talking about the halves (6 & 7). He is more qualified than Ennis to comment on halves and structures.

Give the Ennis talk a break

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kimmorley and Ennis are saying much the same thing, so what's the problem.
No not really, Ennis is saying Des doesn't have a good hooker or halfback amongst other things but that's your big problem

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant really explain exactly how I feel about the Bulldogs at the moment. The reality is that we can all see there is no hope under Hasler, the damage is done the cancer has spread.. It is so painfully frustrating to continually here Dib back Hasler up, when all the fans the experts and so forth all point out the obvious... he is delusioned and his ego is so big. I see no hope for us next year, the fact is were stuck with these s**t players hes back ended and the writing was on the wall a few seasons ago... I dont even know if he wil be sacked I truely think they will keep him on and you can blame dib for that. Like we always had a team that was tough and now.. its 2017 and its embarassing to say but we arent a threat anymore and its heartbreaking cause he takes no responsibility for his actions when hasler himself built this team..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was and am a supporter of Mick but you are seriously deathriding your love for Ennis. Its psychopathical.

Kimmorley is talking about the halves (6 & 7). He is more qualified than Ennis to comment on halves and structures.

Give the Ennis talk a break
Would you say kimmorley is better qualified to comment on the hooker? Because that's what Ennis has commented on.. As a consumer wouldn't you rather get advice from someone who's tasted the actual product over someone who's tasted a similar one.?
If I talk about Ennis in my posts it's for related reasons, but if I just come out and talk about his personal life then Id appreciate your mental health watch.. :grinning:

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

With respect, I am well aware of your disappointment of Ennis departing the way he did and in some way I felt the same my self at the time because of the unknown Lichaa factor and in hind sight I guess Mick staying for another 2 years would have been ideal at the time.
However, in saying that and Mick if did stay on for even another year to assist in the development of Lichaa then I believe it would have taken a little longer to confirm that Lichaa was not going to be the dummy half we thought he was going to be. I can recall that most of TK members at the time were very excited at the prospect of Lichaa going forward etc unfortunately Lichaa turned out to be a dud and we now have a respected ex Captain and player who dislikes us with a passion and now used his media commitments to stick it to us when the opportunity arises, same applies to Kimmorley because he too at every opportunity likes to stick it up our Ass's when the opportunity was there. (ANUSTA did exactly the same!) same game FFS
Their commentary during our game on Thursday was way over the top, everything the commented on the Dogs was delivered with a sharp blade attached and that is why I watched the game withe mute engaged during play.
I can cop criticism and I can accept it if I am wrong or a loss but, to have that kind of media BS rammed in our faces each weekend is enough to turn one off watching their favourite team no matter how poor or good their performance is on the day.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
With respect, I am well aware of your disappointment of Ennis departing the way he did and in some way I felt the same my self at the time because of the unknown Lichaa factor and in hind sight I guess Mick staying for another 2 years would have been ideal at the time.
However, in saying that and Mick if did stay on for even another year to assist in the development of Lichaa then I believe it would have taken a little longer to confirm that Lichaa was not going to be the dummy half we thought he was going to be. I can recall that most of TK members at the time were very excited at the prospect of Lichaa going forward etc unfortunately Lichaa turned out to be a dud and we now have a respected ex Captain and player who dislikes us with a passion and now used his media commitments to stick it to us when the opportunity arises, same applies to Kimmorley because he too at every opportunity likes to stick it up our Ass's when the opportunity was there. (ANUSTA did exactly the same!) same game FFS
Their commentary during our game on Thursday was way over the top, everything the commented on the Dogs was delivered with a sharp blade attached and that is why I watched the game withe mute engaged during play.
I can cop criticism and I can accept it if I am wrong or a loss but, to have that kind of media BS rammed in our faces each weekend is enough to turn one off watching their favourite team no matter how poor or good their performance is on the day.
I personally think your constant defence of Hasler is over the top TBH ... but hey opinions ... opinions ......i think Kimorley, Ennis, Joey Johns, Brandy, Gus Gould, Corey parker and who ever else you wish to criticise,,, are calling it as they see it .. I'm pretty sure even blind freddy is calling it too :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.