Kimmorley out for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't read through this thread and highly doubt we canb win it all without the form halfback of the comp of 09 especially considering the lacklustre and uninspiring options we have to replace him but I hope and don't think it will be that big an issue knowing Noddy.

Knowing how tough he is I reckon he can come back in week three of the finals (a 3 and a half week recovery period) if we beat team 8 or 7 in week one of the finals and get week two off. I reckon he can do it. Probably just wishful thinking from me but I hope that's what happens and he can come back for the GF qualifier and lead us to a premiership.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard he may be back after 2-3 weeks with a headgear. Hes very eager to come back as soon as he can, but it is an expected 5-6 weeks out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How do you figure? Considering Holdsworth would play on the right hand side.:sleepy:
Look against the Roosters what happened when Roberts was out and he filled in.

He prefers to go himself rather than toss the ball/run it like Roberts does.

However one thing I will say. Expect the team to lift even more now with Noddy out.

There are now 4 reasons to win Minor/Major Premiership.
1. For El Masri's last year
2. For Kimmorley being injured
3. To stick it up the NRL.
4. For all the other players leaving!

Having said this, miracles happen and it may not be a break, then again Ayoub is one of the best in his business. It'd be pretty certain his diagnosis would be near spot on (unlike Hugh Hazard who would have stuck a bandaid on it and put Kimmorley back out there).

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is kimmorley one of the most profesional players in the game, If they say hel be out for 6, He will be out for 2.

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
Play up the middle with Ennis directing the flow.

Then Holdsworth & Roberts take charge of one side of the field each,

Easy solution.

1) Patten
2) El Masri
3) Idris
4) Morris
5) Goodwin
6) Roberts
7) Holdsworth
8) Hannant
9) Ennis
10) Hodgson
11) Eastwood
12) Ryan (c)
13) Stagg

14) Armit
15) Hickey
16) Warburton
17) Gordon

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They were talking to Ben Hannant via phone link on Foxsports and he said he wouldn't be surprised if Noddy is back in 2-3 weeks they also said he could be having surgery as early as tonight but I think it will probably be tomorrow.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not to get anyones hopes up

But so far this year, the medical staff have been wrong with estimating how long players were meant to be injured

Hannants knee
Idris' elbow
Josh Morris foot

So to me it looks like they're conservative with their estimates. Fingers crossed

I

iYike

This is kimmorley one of the most profesional players in the game, If they say hel be out for 6, He will be out for 2.
Why's that. Anyone thinking that Kimmorely will only miss 2-3 weeks should of the drugs, it's a serious injury ffs.

And what will wearing headgear do (Not directed at rexest but another poster earlier)?

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why's that. Anyone thinking that Kimmorely will only miss 2-3 weeks should of the drugs, it's a serious injury ffs.

And what will wearing headgear do (Not directed at rexest but another poster earlier)?
Because like hannant he goes the extra mile when it comes to recovering, There was an article written after the origin game that was about how he was the only one that showed up for his recovery **** the next day @ 8am instead of sleeping in due to a night of partying, Im sure that hed do everything possible to get back out there.

I

iYike

Because like hannant he goes the extra mile when it comes to recovering, There was an article written after the origin game that was about how he was the only one that showed up for his recovery **** the next day @ 8am instead of sleeping in due to a night of partying, Im sure that hed do everything possible to get back out there.
As would most players playing for the minor premiers in the NRL finals. Heck if Daniel Holdworth was injured like this I'm sure he'd put in as much work as Kimmorely would to get back.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As would most players playing for the minor premiers in the NRL finals. Heck if Daniel Holdworth was injured like this I'm sure he'd put in as much work as Kimmorely would to get back.
There are alot of players that wouldnt sacrifice the going out drinking etc etc etc.

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no one would have ever expected daniel holdsworth to become a premiership winning half back in 09

or did i speak to soon well i know every doggies fan wants him to be one

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
Come on holdsworth!!!! The time has come for this young man to shine. Amidst all the criticism over the years....it is holdsworths time!!!!!!!!

Omgggggggg year of the d09s!!!!

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
Look against the Roosters what happened when Roberts was out and he filled in.

He prefers to go himself rather than toss the ball/run it like Roberts does.

However one thing I will say. Expect the team to lift even more now with Noddy out.

There are now 4 reasons to win Minor/Major Premiership.
1. For El Masri's last year
2. For Kimmorley being injured
3. To stick it up the NRL.
4. For all the other players leaving!

Having said this, miracles happen and it may not be a break, then again Ayoub is one of the best in his business. It'd be pretty certain his diagnosis would be near spot on (unlike Hugh Hazard who would have stuck a bandaid on it and put Kimmorley back out there).
and to laugh in the face of st merge supporters

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
If its not eye socket, he could be back in 3 weeks.
Lets hope for that. If we win our week 1 finals game we get week 2 off!

T

Toro

He's going in for surgery today or tomorrow...

We'll only know his recovery time after he's been operated on.

Anastabation

Reaction score
I'm prepared to speculate that he could be back for the preliminary final even if he isn't 100%. A fractured cheekbone will not effect his running, kicking or passing skills. He could wear a headgear and play with painkilling injections. Besides, if we win the comp, I don't think Kimmorley minds if it takes him the whole off season to recover from the injury, as long as he helps get us there.

More importantly, I wish Brett all the best in his recovery, he must really be in alot of discomfort right now and I hope the damage to him is minimal, not just from the perspective of a bulldogs supporter that wants the half back back on the feild but from a personal perspective aswel, because Brett is a champion bloke and a role model, he is the last person that deserves this type of injury.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
I'm prepared to speculate that he could be back for the preliminary final even if he isn't 100%. A fractured cheekbone will not effect his running, kicking or passing skills. He could wear a headgear and play with painkilling injections. Besides, if we win the comp, I don't think Kimmorley minds if it takes him the whole off season to recover from the injury, as long as he helps get us there.

More importantly, I wish Brett all the best in his recovery, he must really be in alot of discomfort right now and I hope the damage to him is minimal, not just from the perspective of a bulldogs supporter that wants the half back back on the feild but from a personal perspective aswel, because Brett is a champion bloke and a role model, he is the last person that deserves this type of injury.
You're 2 right - he was the last person on that field that deserved this. However, Kimmorley will be hungry to get back out there. Kimmorley hasnt been in a GF since 99' (i think...) and I'm sure he doesnt want that to be his last. If we make the grand final, injury or no injury, I'm sure Kimmorley will still want to get out there. As you said, if he gets injured he has plenty of time to recover. Best of luck in recovery champ - cant wait to see you play again in the finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.