Kimmorley out for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WHat a load of crap. Accep this for what it is ....a disaster
has the season been a disaster,,,,, did you expect to be on the top of the ladder, did you expect to make the finals.

its not a disaster, the same was said about losing steve price in 2004

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sullivans out injured for the year i think.......id liek to see barba get a go this week against the tigers to at least see how he goes in first grade as a starter....He was strong today in teh early game, even his defence was solid, with two try saving tackles i can remember off teh top of my head

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
oh bloody hell, this is just annoying, i feel sorry for the guy and i wish him all the best

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but honestly,

If Kimmorley is gone for the rest of the season, there is no chance in us winning the competition.

This is terrible.

Lots of responsibility falls onto the shoulders of Ennis and Roberts now and boy, Holsworth REALLY has to step up if we're ANY chance.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its too late to make many changes like Sullivan or Barba as well as Holdworth...

Straight swap Holdsworth for Kimmorley and all you can do is pray for the best
Stop talking about who will replace kimmorle. Its fckn obvious it will be dumbsworth..

Useful info on Kimmorles injury please???

C

chipandchase

barba won the game in reggies today, was sensational.
he deserves a game, Holdsworth done nothing also threw an intercept try
my team would be Stagg at 5/8 with Barba on the bench, to come on after around 25 mintutes

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
have some bloody faith in the team...ok its not the most ideal situation but ffs...chins up people

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if sullivan is out, then it is simply holdsworth into half

but it is never too late for barba to be put in the team (can you people tell me how you figured that?), he should be put on the bench

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Chin up.

Win or lose in the final series, it's still a sensational season for us.

Terry Mortimer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Welcome to FOXSPORTS.com.au
Skip to:
Content |
Foxsports TV |
Website Tools |
Site Map Network Sites: news.com.au| FOX SPORTS Site SearchSEARCH FOR: SITE WEB enhanced by Google
Home AFL AFL Premiership Fantasy AFL AFL Tipping NRL NRL Premiership Toyota Cup Kangaroos Fantasy NRL NRL Tipping Rugby Super 14 Wallabies Tri-Nations RWC 2011 Fantasy Super 14 Football A-League Asian Champions League Premier League Socceroos Fantasy Premier League Fantasy A-League A-League Tipping Cricket Ashes Tour ICC Champions Trophy Domestic Golf Mens Tours Womens Tours The Majors Australian Masters Motor Sports Australian Motor Sport Formula One MotoGP Nascar Fastrack Four Tennis ATP Tour WTA Tour Grand Slams Basketball Other Sports Action Sports - Fuel TV Boxing The Sideline Hot Shots Gallery Live Event Blogs Trivia Challenge Spot the Ball Game Zone Fantasy/Tipping Fantasy AFL Fantasy NRL Fantasy Super 14 Fantasy A-League Fantasy Premier League AFL Tipping NRL Tipping A-League Tipping FOX SPORTS TV View TV Guide Get FOX SPORTS Fox Sports News Sports Active Inside Cricket The Rugby Club Fox Sports FC On The Couch NRL on FOX NRL Tactics NRL Sunday Monday Night Football PGA Golf Show The Back Page NRL Home
Previews
Results
Fixtures
Line-ups
Teams
Video
Gallery
NRL Tipping Fantasy NRL
NRL on FOX
NRL Tactics
NRL Sunday
NRL PremiershipBulldogs halfback Brett Kimmorley suffers suspected broken cheekbone

August 30, 2009 Bulldogs halfback Brett Kimmorley was taken from the field with a suspected fractured cheekbone early in his side's match against the Warriors on Sunday.

Kimmorley was taken from the field after five minutes following a head clash with Jerome Ropati at ANZ Stadium.

Early reports indicated Kimmorley had suffered a depressed cheekbone fracture, with Bulldogs medical officials indicating the star playmaker could be out for 4-5 weeks.

Should the injury be confirmed, Kimmorley's absence would be a massive blow to the newly-instated premiership favourites' finals chances.

A five-week lay-off would mean the club would need to make the grand final for Kimmorley to play again this year.

Veteran Kimmorley has been in career-best form this season, guiding the Dogs, who finished with the wooden-spoon in 2008, to be equal ladder leaders.

His absence would have the club desperately searching for a replacement who could match Kimmorley's on-field talk and direction.

The Bulldogs were made $4.25 favourites by bookmakers this weekend following a worrying form slump by co-leader St George Illawarra which has yielded three straight losses.

AAP

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dj will play get over it and learn to love it!! dogs will still make the gf!! not to be ironic but its just a matter of faith?lol aha

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
I would prefer to see Michael Sullivan get halfback choice.

Great kicker and former Warrington halfback... also played that Residents game for Qld.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, if Holdsworth slots into 7, why not put Barba on the bench

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well, if Holdsworth slots into 7, why not put Barba on the bench
Doubt they put in DJ AND Barba, we only lost 1 player not 2. They will probably keep the bench as forwards coz we have plenty of attack even without BK. Its the defence we will want covered. Tired forwards leave the biggest holes.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
After Holdsworths efforts today in NSW Cup (and before people start getting narky I saw the entire match live at the stadium), I don't want him back in First Grade.

Shift Ennis to the halves with Roberts, and put Sullivan in as Hooker.

Should work fine.

If not, Stagg in halves, Barba on bench/another second rower.

Two conflicting reports.

One says fractured cheekbone, the other fractured eye socket. Regardless he has scans tonight to confirm, potentially surgery tonight/tomorrow, and 4-6 weeks recovery.

Poor bloke :(

But god we fired up without him.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, Ennis stays at hooker

We are stronger with him at hooker, moving him will just make us weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.