Kimmorley leaves kennel to help fine-tune Green Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

CANBERRA have declared new assistant coach Brett Kimmorley the final piece of their puzzle for next year, and David Furner is confident the premiership-winning halfback can have an immediate impact.
In a major coup for the Raiders, Kimmorley has signed a two-year deal to be Furner's No.2. The former NSW halfback will front for his first training session at 7.30am on Monday.
And in another boost to the Raiders' pre-season schedule, club legend Mal Meninga will be in the capital this week to add his input to off-season training.

Kimmorley's appointment ends Furner's search for assistants after Andrew McFadden moved to the Warriors and Justin Morgan was told he was no longer required. Following McFadden and Morgan's departure, Furner refused to rush a decision on replacements.

Kimmorley joins Andrew Dunemann on Furner's revamped coaching structure.
''I'm pretty excited about it, it's certainly a pretty big boost for us to get Noddy [Kimmorley],'' Furner said. ''I've been talking about getting the right person and taking my time to find him … Noddy will complement me and he'll complement the side and [Dunemann]. He's got a very good footy head and he's going to be a great addition to the footy club so I can't wait until he gets started.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...een-machine-20121209-2b3mp.html#ixzz2EYqZmKv0

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope he does well there Brett served us well both as a player and coach. good luck Brett

WestieDog

Zambuck
Reaction score
Sad to see him go - he was a great fit for our culture, and made a massive difference when he came to us as a player. I hope this leads to big things for him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
"major coup" must be the journo buzzword at the moment.

But good luck to him. Not sure how I see the Raiders going next year.. they haven't really picked up anyone from what I've seen.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I bet he got the sacked by Des

Earthquake

In Des We Trust
Reaction score
We've now lost Noddy and Joey - who is our halves coach now?

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"major coup" must be the journo buzzword at the moment.

But good luck to him. Not sure how I see the Raiders going next year.. they haven't really picked up anyone from what I've seen.
The only thing the Raiders have picked up this off season are some fines and free accommodation in the watch-house

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good Luck to him. He moves from a part-time role with the Dogs to a full-time role with the Raiders. It was his only choice if he wants to move into a head coach role. Also, we have a halves coach. Des Hasler played for Australia at Half-Back last time I checked.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Good Luck to him. He moves from a part-time role with the Dogs to a full-time role with the Raiders. It was his only choice if he wants to move into a head coach role. Also, we have a halves coach. Des Hasler played for Australia at Half-Back last time I checked.
I was just about to say the same thing. I am sure that he knows a thing or two about being a half back and I am also sure that there will be people lining up to work with him so sure it won't affect us at all

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He was signed for a three year deal after he retired.

He was always gonna get moved on with Des arriving at the club. It just happened that Des arrived a year early last year and Kimmorley was still contracted so he remained with us.

All the best Kimmorley!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've now lost Noddy and Joey - who is our halves coach now?
Des Hasler is arguably the best coach in the NRL and his career was played in the half back / five eighth position. Do we need anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.