News Kikau Update People

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of rushing him, Make him play NSW cup for a week, then bring him on against the Panthers as interchange for okunbor . He can then start against Dolphins

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
With some of the lunacy spoken in that conspiracy thread, @DinkumDog is the least of their worries
Thanks for the tag mate but meh. The mother hen can’t help herself with one of her useless cracks. Probably salty due to even more Rupert Murdoch bleating earlier. Better opposition in kindergarten :-).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just stating they've met their match Dinky.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No use bringing him back early, to placate whingeing fans, who will then just whinge about him getting reinjured for bringing him back early. Let's just get him right for next year
It doesn’t really work like that and the players themselves are almost always the main ones wanting to get back on the field. Take BBO for instance. We all thought he was gone for the season, but he obviously went through recovery and was keen to play this season. These are professional athletes. They’re not just going to say ahh yeah we might as well just wait til next year coach.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brought both King @ Kiraz back too early out of desperation, and both haven't been the same since their injuries.
This is ridiculous. Anyone would think that Gus and Ciro are there whipping the boys to come back weeks early from injury.

The players are 99% likely the ones wanting to return early from injury.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesn’t really work like that and the players themselves are almost always the main ones wanting to get back on the field. Take BBO for instance. We all thought he was gone for the season, but he obviously went through recovery and was keen to play this season. These are professional athletes. They’re not just going to say ahh yeah we might as well just wait til next year coach.
At times the players need to be protected from themselves. They will always want to come back early, they know,the longer they are out, the more comfortable someone is getting in their spot

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical Wendy.. Say something that makes no sense and when someone asks what you mean you go into attack mode, deflect and refuse to answer a simple question.
It was pretty obvious dude. I know you two have a history, but it was pretty easy to know what wendog meant. We’re not a charity, so if he’s fit to play (work) he should. Simple.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading wendog and btrain argue , two of my fav people on here is like watching my son and daughter squabble ….I don’t take sides I just throw some lollies in the middle to make them forget the argument

Here have some lollies guys [emoji23]
I think they just need to get a room tbh

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What is the point. Just give him a good pre season for once. We aren't making fin all it's a waste of time rushing players back
I must be missing something and this is not a knock on Kiks btw.
The guy is on north of 60k A MONTH.Why have a fit quality player sitting on the sidelines for many reasons but this very good one as well.

Pretty sure he would want to be playing footy too.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At times the players need to be protected from themselves. They will always want to come back early, they know,the longer they are out, the more comfortable someone is getting in their spot
Well in the case of concussions they are, but like has been mentioned several times, the club, doctors etc are not going to allow them to play if they’re at risk. They have protocols and benchmarks to meet, and go through different stages of training. I don’t think most people actually realise how professional it is. I mean, I don’t know exactly what goes on, just that the players welfare would be very high on the club’s list of priorities.

For anyone worried just look at how they treated Kiks when he got a head knock at training. Unless there was an NRL official there (doubtful) they have erred on the side of caution or simply been truthful, that it was a category 1 concussion. If they didn’t care, they’d have said it was cat 2 or 3 and he could have played a week earlier.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Chammas is reporting that the Bulldogs are considering naming Viliame Kikau for their clash with Brisbane on Saturday at Belmore. Canterbury are expected to name him this week, despite being a more likely proposition for the following week against the Panthers.
View attachment 76079
Has been so disappointing not see him play

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I just do it. No point in telling them.
I didnt want to finish off the conversation before letting him have his final say by cutting him off ...and after the other weeks hissy fit he had with me, I decided to just give up on trying to hold a conversation as it was already too illogical to believe he could seriously have turned what I said into an charity insult about Kiks.

Thats the pity of all these soap box heroes, they ruin the threads and turn decent informative threads about our players into horrible slanging matches that end up looking like personal retribution with the players reputations sullied, when that was not necessary if they didnt go off on a personal tirade.

Thanks for bringing some sense to the latest flare up :grinning:

Reactions: ATT

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was pretty obvious dude. I know you two have a history, but it was pretty easy to know what wendog meant. We’re not a charity, so if he’s fit to play (work) he should. Simple.
It's a moot point. Kikau will play when he's ready. He's not being rushed back, nor should he be. Hopefully he's back next week.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well in the case of concussions they are, but like has been mentioned several times, the club, doctors etc are not going to allow them to play if they’re at risk. They have protocols and benchmarks to meet, and go through different stages of training. I don’t think most people actually realise how professional it is. I mean, I don’t know exactly what goes on, just that the players welfare would be very high on the club’s list of priorities.

For anyone worried just look at how they treated Kiks when he got a head knock at training. Unless there was an NRL official there (doubtful) they have erred on the side of caution or simply been truthful, that it was a category 1 concussion. If they didn’t care, they’d have said it was cat 2 or 3 and he could have played a week earlier.
And you don't think players overestimate how fit they are, or down play the pain they are feeling ? The medical staff get a lot of their indicators from the players themselves.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you don't think players overestimate how fit they are, or down play the pain they are feeling ? The medical staff get a lot of their indicators from the players themselves.
That‘s why they have to get through training sessions my man. They won’t play if they can’t do that.

jcdogs84

Waterboy
Reaction score
Speaking of Kiks, Episode 7 of The Kennel dropped today and it’s all about him and his trip to Fiji for his academy for young Fijian footy players…
Great episode. Kiks signing proving to be bigger then just his onfield presence (whens hes actlually playing!). Astute move by the club...with the pathways in Canterbury NZ, QLD and Fiji, it's clear to see the club has their shit together. Hurts that it's not translating to first grade just yet, but it looks like the foundations for a triumphant return to glory are well and truly being laid.