Rumour KIKAU for AFB swap

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau really didn't have an ideal preparation last summer. WC campaign then the passing of his father. Was off the pace compared to the rest of the squad to begin with and then had his pec injury. If there's no disruptions to his preparations over summer, we know the player he is and we need him. His presence inside of Crichton ( if he starts as a centre,) and JAC on that edge along with Burton would be very potent.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With DWZ on one wing and RTS on the other, they have no need for JAC.

Plus JAC isn’t stupid enough to go to NZ with his Let’s Trott brand going gang busters.

Always a Bulldog
Why couldn’t he get into the New Zealand market? Better for him.

plus I think rts will be playing centre or fullback not wing.

let’s send them the fox

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

let’s send them the fox
There’s only 5m people in NZ, the market in a Union dominated country would by tiny, plus he’s Australian Indigenous, not NZ Māori. Let’s Trott wouldn’t work.

Always a Bulldog

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

let’s send them the fox
CNk FB
DWZ wing
Rts centre

no room for JAC yo

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s only 5m people in NZ, the market in a Union dominated country would by tiny, plus he’s Australian Indigenous, not NZ Māori. Let’s Trott wouldn’t work.

Always a Bulldog
nobody saying to stop selling his gear in Australia, I don’t think being indigenous has anything to do with his brand. I could be wrong though

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
nobody saying to stop selling his gear in Australia, I don’t think being indigenous has anything to do with his brand. I could be wrong though
He only moved to us to grow his brand, he's not leaving us to join the Warriors lol

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would take it if we can find a decent 2nd rower. Front rowers in the calibre of AFB are so difficult to come by and we are better to take it before the Dragons swap with Sue happens. Maybe Gus might be able to get someone like Angus Crichton as a stop gap until something better comes along. Maybe JAC swap with Matterson as well.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He has to be here to promote his brand, make regular and frequent face to face personal appearances. Can’t do that while living full time in NZ, only in Sydney for a handful of games a year.

More to the point he moved from Melbourne to Sydney to be close to family. Moving to NZ makes no sense.

Always a Bulldog

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s because he’s indigenous and they celebrate indigenous there a lot but not HIS indigenous and it will agitate him.
You gotta know how they think

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100% I would do that deal. AFB would help us way more than Kikau.

08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Poasa Faamausili
11. Josh Curran
12. Jacob Preston
13. Max King

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jaeman Salmon
16. Liam Knight
17. Chris Patolo

I think that we can make the top 8 with that forward pack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
100% I would do that deal. AFB would help us way more than Kikau.

08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Poasa Faamausili
11. Josh Curran
12. Jacob Preston
13. Max King

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jaeman Salmon
16. Liam Knight
17. Chris Patolo

I think that we can make the top 8 with that forward pack.
Famasalami? Na, no way. He's completely shit.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Famasalami? Na, no way. He's completely shit.
Whatever other prop we have you can pick. The rest of the pack makes up for it. AFB makes our pack so much better. He can play 60+ minutes a game at high quality. Curran is better on the edge in attack anyway.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can't have both, I'd take AFB and sacrifice Kikau...although that leaves us thin in the 2nd row if Preston or Curran go down

A metre eating alpha prop is way more important to us than a strike 2nd rower. AFB would make sure we don't get dominated up front like we have been over the past 5 years

Everything comes off the back of the go forward and dominance up front, and that's something we've missed badly

As someone else suggested we could possibly trade Fox for a strike back rower (eg Matterson) and although I'd hate to see Fox go, his position can be covered

I'd be happy with this pack in 2024

AFB
Mahoney
Knight/King
Preston
Matterson
Curren

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh god here we go again. “My source”. This was released to the entire world 12 hours before you mentioned it you flop
I wish I had a source!! Oh hang on if I did, i sure as shit wouldn’t post on here lol…..that’s always there first downfall

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really thought D voice learned his lesson when he was finally found out a few years ago, but every now and then he falls back into his old habit of talking absolute rubbish for attention.