Rumour KIKAU for AFB swap

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would we pay so much to get Luai when we simply dont need him at all? We have plenty 6s. Burton isnt moving from 6, we have plenty of centres and he wont play 7 either. Luai isnt a 7, but lets say you believe that he is, we also have Sexton and a few others that can play 7 already also. Good juniors coming through too. We could do with a few more forwards like AFB. But thats all we need. And the right coaching of course. Jury is out on Ciraldo.
Personally, I’d rather spend the money on middles, just putting it out there the deal is very cap viable… but if the club is recruiting origin caliber players, couldn’t begrudge that either - market is slim pickings.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on Kiks last season performance and the emergence of Preston as an edge back-rower, I’m saying yes to that deal.

In fact, if that deal happens - Luai + AFB is viable
Give them Burton and we can still get both Luai + AFB AND more than likely Terrell May

If the Warriors are going to make things difficult we might be better off signing both May and Hamlin-Uele for less than the price of AFB. Plenty left over for Dearden / Mam / Luai

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why would you do a player swap when all we have to do is wait a year for him doesn’t make sense to me
Because the Warriors could easily trade him to another Sydney club.... we miss our highly sought after impact prop and all we have to show for it is an overpaid backrower who will be tits on a bull without go forward to lay a platform.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger !
I have been told by not my usual source of info that the Warriors are asking for Kikau as a swap for AFB as early as 2024,
If true, opinions ?
Prob because Capewell isn’t coming

The Wahs should ask for Fox cos they need express pace in that backline

I’ll say yes to any of them going for AFB

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because the Warriors could easily trade him to another Sydney club.... we miss our highly sought after impact prop and all we have to show for it is an overpaid backrower who will be tits on a bull without go forward to lay a platform.
Prob the first time we agree on something

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Did the Warriors realise he's finished? Haha

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People forget that 'trades' (albeit this isn't the NFL) mean that both sides receive value. Both clubs need to get something they want, and that usually means giving up a player you don't want to let go. Warriors will want value to entertain AFB's release. Whether it's Kikau or someone else, chances are we'll have to give up a player we don't want to lose if we want to beat out other clubs competing for AFB.

Ask yourself - if Critta wanted an early release, would you entertain that for little to no value? No. You'd want something equivalent in return.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
If we did this we would just be swapping a prop problem for a 2nd row problem so nah
Unless we knew in some world where we is 200% sure it’s the only way the deal would happen

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

With DWZ on one wing and RTS on the other, they have no need for JAC.

Plus JAC isn’t stupid enough to go to NZ with his Let’s Trott brand going gang busters.

Always a Bulldog

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People forget that 'trades' (albeit this isn't the NFL) mean that both sides receive value. Both clubs need to get something they want, and that usually means giving up a player you don't want to let go. Warriors will want value to entertain AFB's release. Whether it's Kikau or someone else, chances are we'll have to give up a player we don't want to lose if we want to beat out other clubs competing for AFB.

Ask yourself - if Critta wanted an early release, would you entertain that for little to no value? No. You'd want something equivalent in return.
What did we get in return when we let Barba and Klemmer go?