Kieran Foran

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since coming back from injury in the last month or whatever it has been, Foran has been good in all of the 1st half of the games, but in the second half of the games he was nowhere to be seen and did not take one last tackle kick unless he was forced to.

I dont know if he is fucked in the second half of the games because of the hits he cops in the first half or if it's a fitness issue. I do not get the feeling that its a fitness issue. Seems like halftime does him no good when the muscles relax and cool down?

Thoughts?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The humidity completely got him in Townsville.

Vs Brisbane he was key, many times he played both sides and was first receiver

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to see him medically retired,if possible,$1.1 million for this bloke,to big a financial risk

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Happy to see him medically retired,if possible,$1.1 million for this bloke,to big a financial risk
The way he's talking in articles/interviews he has no intention of being medically retired. I also think post 2020 he's still going to be the best option in the Halves unless someone on contract pops up to buy. Just have to cut his contract in half. This also means keeping Cogger as back up is key due to Foran's injury record.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coaching staff did try to put him on the exercise bike at halftime but he asked why the bike wasn't on the stand and was pointed down the hallway pointing to outside the stadium.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont know his health situation.. but we are far better off having Foran in our team than not..

He maybe on a bit of cash, but i wouldnt relase him early unless we have a.replacement thats just as good or better..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good old Fozzy, 100 points for effort and willingness.. to keep fighting on even though the body is pretty wrecked..!!

And to play on next year.. top man.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought his side of the field looked really dangerous when the ball went that way...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Undoubtedly the best 5/8 in the game. However he seems fragile sometimes.
I think he should be started from the bench with Cogger starting.
This would mean he can cut loose against tiring players.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Class but body fucked, if we can pay half his salary move him on and get money bill back

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ultimate competitor no doubt and I rate him highly, always have. Always thought he was the true man behind Manly's early form and not giraffe neck. That's history now though.

2018 played 12 games, won 3 and lost 9 = 25%
2019 played 14 games, won 6 and lost 8 = 43%

At a cost of atleast 1 million a season my intelligence cannot justify that. He has recently said that he thinks his best ahead of him and wants to keep going. Personally I think he's kidding himself. By some miracle and he last's until Nov 1st next year without missing a single game I would consider a heavily reduced contract but can't help but think we need to move on for the future. Maybe a reduced contract and #14 jersey if we can sign a huge prospect?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Class player but body is letting him down. We could Definately do better with his money but who do you buy? Halves are a rarity these days

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Since coming back from injury in the last month or whatever it has been, Foran has been good in all of the 1st half of the games, but in the second half of the games he was nowhere to be seen and did not take one last tackle kick unless he was forced to.
Do you have proof of this, or is it your observation?

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe he will say fuckit I will do what’s best for the fans and club and take a pay cut next year and the year after. Then all is well in my books lol. Then we can free up space for fafita and staggs. Never going to happen lol

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I dont know if he is fucked in the second half of the games because of the hits he cops in the first half or if it's a fitness issue. I do not get the feeling that its a fitness issue. Seems like halftime does him no good when the muscles relax and cool down?

Thoughts?
I agree he was quieter after halftime in the last few games. Even when we were trying to close out the game against Parra, Lewis was much more involved. The heat in NQ definitely got him but it looked like he was carrying a leg at times. Could just be general fitness.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's never fit enough, release whenever possible.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All class one more season make or break for him I like the guy I hope he kicks on

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Deju vu. All Foran threads are the same. Only difference is we actually need is a contingency plan 'that will work' for next season when he ends up injured. Love the bloke but....

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Thoughts?
I think he’s still carrying injuries but forcing himself to play. He was actually very strong in the second half against Souths thou.